Author Topic: FAU is proof...  (Read 2413 times)

Offline MUther

Re: FAU is proof...
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2017, 11:21:50 AM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • Worst poster on any Herd site right here.

He said without refuting a single statement in the post.  Man you guys really hate objectivity.  Nothing in that post screams as untrue.  It's not even negative.  Reading between the lines it just says they're probably the best team we're going to play and if we don't respect them and their venue it will cost us dearly.

One thing not mentioned is we should have a hefty Herd contingency in the stands between followers and players families/friends.  So I'd put that on the plus side.

The following users thanked this post: ed swain, Apollo

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2017, 11:21:50 AM »

Offline herdfifteen

« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2017, 12:19:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • His history suggest he is among the worst, and I don't care to sift through his posts to try and find something positive. Secondly, to have he and others continuously tell us how our accomplishments in football mean little due to our schedule doesn't sit well. Beating the teams you are supposed to beat puts you on the road to success.

Offline goherd24

« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2017, 02:12:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Heater isn't.  They haven't faced a stifling defense yet, all season. We can force mistakes and throw them off their tempo.  It's doable but we have to run like clockwork on D.

Heater can't stop their offense all night. Especially with us throwing 3 and out parties for 3 quarters every game. FAU is going to score 30-35 pts on us at a minimum. Can our offense put up 35 or 40?? Thats the question.

I have to mark it down as a loss, i do not trust Doc to have a game plan better than Kiffins. Its not that the talent isn't there to win, but i feel a bad weekend coming up

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man

Offline Herdalum83

« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2017, 03:19:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If they hit 30 they best us, but I'm not conceding that they will hit 30. I watched yesterday's game and FAU's Singleterry is for real. Hands down the best back in the league. We will have our hands full with him but run defense is a strength for us.

As for their passing attack Driskel is garbage under any pressure, UNT however, provided almost none all game and with a clean pocket and WRs running uncovered all over the field he picked the Mean Green apart. He won't have it near as easy against us.

FAU will provide a stiff test and the division will be decided on Novermber 3rd. But, the Owls aren't as good as they looked yesterday, UNT never showed up and worst of all they laid down and quit as well.
    « Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 03:47:58 PM by Herdalum83 »

The following users thanked this post: ed swain

Offline Bob25526

« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2017, 03:39:10 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Herd wins by 14.

The following users thanked this post: 2xBison, RVCJJ3J

Offline Herdfan2005

« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2017, 07:13:35 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]1
  • Heater can't stop their offense all night. Especially with us throwing 3 and out parties for 3 quarters every game. FAU is going to score 30-35 pts on us at a minimum. Can our offense put up 35 or 40?? Thats the question.

I have to mark it down as a loss, i do not trust Doc to have a game plan better than Kiffins. Its not that the talent isn't there to win, but i feel a bad weekend coming up

closet FAU fan

Offline ed swain

« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2017, 07:19:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If we beat a FAU by 1 I will be happy.

Offline jstherd

« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2017, 08:08:37 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • THE CHAMPSHERE,  if you have a brain, I'll be surprised.  You, and others on this forum, try to disguise your lack of REAL support for our FB team. You, and others, love to find fault with our program. Why?   

Offline Apollo

« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2017, 09:15:50 PM »
  • [Like]3
  • [Dislike]0
  • THE CHAMPSHERE,  if you have a brain, I'll be surprised.  You, and others on this forum, try to disguise your lack of REAL support for our FB team. You, and others, love to find fault with our program. Why?   

Probably something to do with the ones who chose ignorance over logic and fact. Especially when you throw out the "real" fan (bleep). All credibility goes out the window with that %^&*.

The following users thanked this post: herd1990, svherd, MUinDE, wasbarryb, THECHAMPISHERE

Offline goherd24

« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2017, 09:53:22 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • closet FAU fan

Just not a blind fan, FAU is playing the best football in cusa RIGHT NOW. I hope we whip them, but i feel like this one is an L and it will literally destroy our entire season if we lose.

Offline Ovaltine Jenkins

« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2017, 10:19:25 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 6-1 Start...has me taking another look.  But as others have pointed out, the Herd has beaten no team of substance.  While they played great against NC State we don't know whether or not that it was an aberration.  Next!  FIU.  And if they win that game, I will almost be ready to eat crow. But unless Doc and Legg can come up with an innovative offensive game plan against the Owls that will support their defense, that bird will stay in the freezer until then. 

FAU at home will and should be the favorite.  That being said I will have a full tub of popcorn and my favorite adult beverage at the ready.  I hope that it will be a great game and a Herd win, but it ain't fer sure.

Offline coalherd

« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2017, 01:40:40 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Have to believe that if Heater has any kind of a blitz package, this would certainly be the game to unveil it.

Would love to see us use a delayed corner blitz on occasion.  Hopefully, this would be something that FAU, and their QB, wouldn't be prepared for.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2017, 01:40:40 AM »

Offline MUther

« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2017, 02:08:09 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Have to believe that if Heater has any kind of a blitz package, this would certainly be the game to unveil it.

Would love to see us use a delayed corner blitz on occasion.  Hopefully, this would be something that FAU, and their QB, wouldn't be prepared for.

At their pace, delaying more than a millisecond gets us torched.  Better to blow them off the line and get paws in his face and on his person.  Create  a jumbled mess right in front of him.  If we can.

The following users thanked this post: Apollo

Offline QuickStrike

« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2017, 08:13:52 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If they hit 30 they best us, but I'm not conceding that they will hit 30. I watched yesterday's game and FAU's Singleterry is for real. Hands down the best back in the league. We will have our hands full with him but run defense is a strength for us.

As for their passing attack Driskel is garbage under any pressure, UNT however, provided almost none all game and with a clean pocket and WRs running uncovered all over the field he picked the Mean Green apart. He won't have it near as easy against us.

FAU will provide a stiff test and the division will be decided on Novermber 3rd. But, the Owls aren't as good as they looked yesterday, UNT never showed up and worst of all they laid down and quit as well.

The FAU game will be for the East Division.  Have to keep them under 30.  Legg really needs to mix up the play calling.  We give away too many plays with that handoff up the middle play and those short sideline passes.  Throw the ball over the middle for first downs to keep drives alive.  Come up with a power package where they cannot stop us from getting 2 yards or less on 3rd or 4th downs.

Offline elginherd

« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2017, 11:00:42 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think (& hope) that the Herd's D-line will out-man FAU's O-line in a couple of weeks. That will definitely slow 'em down.
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

Offline MUonium

« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2017, 12:09:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • so they've had some offensive output but i'm not gonna worry about our D, ST, penalties and turnover margins AND relative steady O and D lines, until proven otherwise.  i think the O strategy/play selection has begun to open up a bit however painfully slow it's been.  i'm thinking they've got more to prove than we do, regardless of last year's records.  at home gives them a toe up but that is all they get for free.  momentum/win over FIU is important and will go a long way to ease the travel to FL and as someone pointed out, weather could be one of the bigger worries. 

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2017, 01:05:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Yes but you do realize they avg about 400 yds a game rushing the last 3-4 games don't you? Blitzing can get you burned bad at times the way they are running the football.

Offline The Right Stuff

« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2017, 01:36:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Coaches can inspire and employ a great system but you still need the horses in the trenches to put up the W.  If the talent level is about the same on both sides of the line of scrimmage then coaching can effect the outcome of the game. 

TRS
    MU 71

The following users thanked this post: MUinDE, The E-Man

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2017, 01:42:36 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The bottom line if we can't beat FAU then we can just call it a season. FAU is not a world beater, do I respect them, yes! do I fear them, hell no! We need to step up and make all CUSA teams fearful of playing us. Some people on here are upset about our ranking and yet worried about beating FAU. Either we're good and have a championship team or we're not!

Offline MUther

« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2017, 03:22:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Heater can't stop their offense all night. Especially with us throwing 3 and out parties for 3 quarters every game. FAU is going to score 30-35 pts on us at a minimum. Can our offense put up 35 or 40?? Thats the question.

I think our offense can put up 30-40 on their D easier than they can put up 30-40 on ours, IF we practice for up-tempo and are smart about getting on and off the field on defense for substitutions and get set up when we can.  Like I said Heater practiced against this offense in 2013 as we were running it.  If he remembers how he tested the '13 Herd in practice he can prepare them for FAU and it won't be that hard.  But the kids have to put the work in. 

If we hassle and hary them early on and put that QB on his back a few times it will knock them out of their gameplan.  They've not played a defense like we are capable of delivering.  If we deliver that defense to them they might not score 10. 

In 2014, everybody that beat WKU said they did it by blitzing Doughty the whole game and forcing him to make bad decisions.  We didn't run any blitz packages the entire first half.  I didn't stick around to watch the second half because I was so disgusted we were handed the keys to the city and decided not to unlock the door.  We didn't pressure him at all and he picked us apart every play.  So it is possible to know how to beat someone and then choose not to do it.  If that happens at FAU we will get killed.  OTOH, if the team isn't watching the UNT/FAU game in the film room that entire week of prep then I will consider it a failure.  That will sober them up to how wrong things can go if they don't stay focused.

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man

Offline herdfifteen

« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2017, 03:59:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yes but you do realize they avg about 400 yds a game rushing the last 3-4 games don't you? Blitzing can get you burned bad at times the way they are running the football.
    I have watched every team in this league and our defense is the best in the league. FAU is good, but often teams that run up tempo can be frustrated if you knock them out of their rhythm, if Marshall can do that we win, if not, well you know. Get after their QB on third and long, no more rushing two or three, come after him, I recall before the game their announcers indicated the passing game needed lots of improvement and I feel sure that was not all solved in one game.

The following users thanked this post: ed swain, The E-Man

Offline QuickStrike

« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2017, 04:43:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Wish we would install a Chase under Center short yardage package.  Hate that shotgun snap 5 yards back to hand it off to the RB trying to get 2 yards.  This play has stalled many Herd drives.  If not Chase, let Gaines take the snap under C.

The following users thanked this post: ed swain, elginherd

HerdFans.com

« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2017, 04:43:09 PM »

Offline elginherd

« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2017, 05:01:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • And even shorter than 2 yds!

It is harder to run 'downhill' with the 5-6 yd shotgun snap if your not run the QB sneak.
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

The following users thanked this post: ed swain

Offline MUther

« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2017, 05:02:26 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Wish we would install a Chase under Center short yardage package.  Hate that shotgun snap 5 yards back to hand it off to the RB trying to get 2 yards.  This play has stalled many Herd drives.  If not Chase, let Gaines take the snap under C.

Problem with never doing it is when we start doing it, it sticks out like a sore thumb.  That means we have to develop a whole set of plays under center to disguise what exactly we are doing.  We're pretty successful from shotgun, too, just as from under center isn't going to magically work 100% of the time.  I'd prefer they do what they've practiced for and are comfortable with.  Handoffs when the line gets pushed on top of you at the snap have a tendency to become fumbles quite a bit, too.  They see us under center they're going to stack the box and we suddenly have no room to bounce it outside if needed.  Trust our skill and speed.

Offline coalherd

« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2017, 09:05:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • At their pace, delaying more than a millisecond gets us torched.  Better to blow them off the line and get paws in his face and on his person.  Create  a jumbled mess right in front of him.  If we can.

Don't know if we can physically manhandle their O line.  Our D-line isn't the biggest, by a long shot.  Just saying we need an occasional blitz, db or lb, just to mix things up a little.  Certainly can't let their qb sit back and have a lot of time to throw; especially when we still have a cb or two who NEVER turn around to try and locate the ball.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2017, 09:05:40 PM »