Author Topic: Still like the concept of the USA-Sun Conference  (Read 551 times)

Offline whf

Still like the concept of the USA-Sun Conference
« on: October 11, 2017, 10:01:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • Watching Troy vs USA and thinking how neat it would be to have these two conferences combine into 4 divisions, their own mini play off; 1 and 4 vs 3 and 3; then the final championship game.  Could be the first approach toward a G5 reset.  Would rather do it with the AAC but I wouldn't wait if it could happen with the Sun Belt and C-USA.

HerdFans.com

Still like the concept of the USA-Sun Conference
    « on: October 11, 2017, 10:01:09 PM »

Offline Apollo

Re: Still like the concept of the USA-Sun Conference
    « Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 11:18:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Watching Troy vs USA and thinking how neat it would be to have these two conferences combine into 4 divisions, their own mini play off; 1 and 4 vs 3 and 3; then the final championship game.  Could be the first approach toward a G5 reset.  Would rather do it with the AAC but I wouldn't wait if it could happen with the Sun Belt and C-USA.
    Would definitely help with travel costs and olympic sport costs especially. Things should be more regional to get more fans of the different sports involved. Let the West division go to the WAC or whatever division out west is that no one cares about.

Offline QuickStrike

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 11:59:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • A conference regional division involving Marshall, WKU, MTSU, ODU, Charlotte, Appy State, and inviting JMU & Liberty would save more travel cost money than a cheap bowl game pays out.  Would be very easy to merge C-USA and Sunbelt to do regional divisions and a playoff for the Championship.  Would be more exciting than current C-USA divisions, championship game, and bowl arrangement.

The following users thanked this post: ed swain, Apollo, herdorbust

Online bbcard1

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 10:53:39 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Could we do a Sunbelt/CUSA/WAC alliance? It may not even need to be a formal merger.  Hell, even the MAC might conceivably play.

Offline herd2win

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 12:07:18 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think it is time for something like this to happen...it would make the season more exciting...I would not mind being in a conference with some of these teams...time to create our own playoff.

Offline saherdfan

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2017, 01:47:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Start a Poll on the C-USA board and put a link to it on here.  I would like to see what other in the league think.  You may start a rumor!  lol 

Offline puma

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2017, 05:57:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • There was some serious talk of a CUSA-MWC merger back when CUSA was imploding. I believe the big hindrance was the super conference would only get a single auto-bid for the NCAA tournament.

Offline whf

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2017, 07:49:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Well, that can be avoided by making it a Football Only conference; eliminate football from both conferences and leave the rest of the conference alone.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2017, 07:49:20 PM »