Author Topic: CBS Sports Network announces 2017-18 CBB schedule  (Read 2039 times)

Offline MUther

Re: CBS Sports Network announces 2017-18 CBB schedule
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2017, 12:00:12 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'll be satisfied if we have one guy that pays attention and accurately cues in and out of the commercial breaks.  This cutting back to the game from Herdvision green screen 5 plays after the break, or more, has got to stop.  Nothing makes it seem like amateur hour more than that, imo.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2017, 12:00:12 AM »

Offline lexkyherdfan

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Heisman
    • GKI Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #26 on: October 13, 2017, 08:31:18 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Definitely I agree and that's my whole opposition to the paid service of a HerdVision. They'd rather do that and make $35 on a few people than put everything on ESPN3 and increase exposure by 1000%. We do everything a day late, a dollar short, and 3 light bulbs out in the ceiling fan. Getting more exposure, building the programs will lead to more money down the line along with better recruits, higher enrollment. You can't do those things by limiting exposure. They handcuff the whole AD by doing crap like that and it kills me that they can keep a straight face when they say they want to see growth and expansion. Definitely a step in the right direction, but need to keep moving forward and not take two back next week as they usually do.

You know I would rather all of our games be on ESPN3 for free but I remember a time in the past when I spent $100 bucks a season just to watch football games on ESPN Gameplan.  So if I can spend that much and see a ton of basketball games and some football games I feel like it is a bargain.  Now if the quality isn't there then it won't be worth it but I have personally had conversations with folks at Marshall and it is supposed to be that way.  No way we can go to ESPN3 with crappy production.  It just doesn't work that way.

The pluto app showing Stadium games is nice.  I have watched a couple there of other teams. 

The following users thanked this post: Apollo

Offline Apollo

« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2017, 09:10:19 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You know I would rather all of our games be on ESPN3 for free but I remember a time in the past when I spent $100 bucks a season just to watch football games on ESPN Gameplan.  So if I can spend that much and see a ton of basketball games and some football games I feel like it is a bargain.  Now if the quality isn't there then it won't be worth it but I have personally had conversations with folks at Marshall and it is supposed to be that way.  No way we can go to ESPN3 with crappy production.  It just doesn't work that way.

The pluto app showing Stadium games is nice.  I have watched a couple there of other teams.
    That was an argument I made in another thread -- bad production quality. Hopefully they have made some real overhauls to the production now that Keith and Doug are in the booth. I was wary of the facebook stuff to begin with but the one we've had was good quality. Different style for sure lol, but a good product.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2017, 09:10:19 AM »