Author Topic: Cinci-Navy game  (Read 1271 times)

Offline Apollo

Cinci-Navy game
« on: September 23, 2017, 06:13:17 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Navy up late, over 500 rush yards. Cinci really struggling with all that option but not a bad team. I see 3 things needing to happen for us to have a shot: Chase can't be afraid to take off and run a true option, have to get playmakers in space (King, Davis, Brady), and Legg (god help us) has to put more than 4 plays on the field. If we don't have all 3, I don't care how good our D and ST are, we won't win. But there's a good shot if we do. Our D looks to match up well against their O but our ST also needs to be on point.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, The E-Man

HerdFans.com

Cinci-Navy game
    « on: September 23, 2017, 06:13:17 PM »

Offline goherd24

Re: Cinci-Navy game
    « Reply #1 on: September 23, 2017, 07:45:02 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Our ST is maybe the best unit on the team. As long as our offense gets off the bus, we will win this game.

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man

Offline Apollo

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2017, 09:58:28 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Charlotte absolutely blows. No reason we should lose that one this year.

Offline coalherd

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2017, 10:34:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Pretty evident that we have to put PRESSURE on UC's QB, or he'll throw for a mile.  Don't know if our D front is stronger/better than Navy's, but if ever Heater employs a "blitz package", this would be the game to do so.  Don't think Cincy rushing attack is all that strong.  Need a very solid game from our deep corps of linebackers, IMO.  Offensively, it would be nice if we can generate a strong rushing attack and keep the Bearcats O on the sidelines as much as possible.

Another note:  Miami won a good game AT Central Michigan today over a team who had solid victories over two "Power" (I know, I'm holding my nose) teams:  Kansas and Syracuse.  By year's end, our win over the Deadskins might be a very good one on our resume!

The following users thanked this post: Apollo, The E-Man

Offline ed swain

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2017, 11:20:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If we were home I would see a victory,but past history makes me think we will lose on the road I sure hope I am wrong.

Offline Mastodon

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2017, 11:28:19 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Another note:  Miami won a good game AT Central Michigan today over a team who had solid victories over two "Power" (I know, I'm holding my nose) teams:  Kansas and Syracuse.  By year's end, our win over the Deadskins might be a very good one on our resume!

Syracuse beat CMU 41-17
    The poster formerly known as Blood & Thunder

Offline MrRobertPruett

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2017, 11:36:45 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Let’s not forget that little Miami gift wrapped a victory to Cincy and they only scored 21 on them with a pick 6 on a platter. Not saying it will be easy but let’s not act as if they’re Clemson or even NC State.

Offline MUonium

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2017, 06:42:28 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Our ST is maybe the best unit on the team. As long as our offense gets off the bus, we will win this game.

Charlotte absolutely blows. No reason we should lose that one this year.

our D has the makings of being better than ST and i hope both pull the O along.

no excuse not to beat Charlotte.  with injuries mounting at ODU and MT i see no reason we can't win those.  then the rest of the schedule sets up about as well as one could hope for...TX, here we come!

by the way, i think Miami's D was about as good as NCST and that can only help against Cincy who is really no better than us but home advant...Herd has to travel well this yr.

Offline QuickStrike

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2017, 07:40:07 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If we were home I would see a victory,but past history makes me think we will lose on the road I sure hope I am wrong.

All indications are that on paper we should beat Cincy.  However, playing them away Doc doesn't have good past history on that.  Also, Doc's having the team motivated and ready to play a game like this has been a problem in the past.  We are catching Cincinnati down.  We have a very good chance to go 3-1, if Doc can have the players motivated and ready to play to win.

Offline coalherd

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2017, 07:56:35 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Syracuse beat CMU 41-17

Thanks.  My bad.  I thought CMU had defeated the Orange, but it was another G5 team, CUSA's MTSU, that knocked off Syracuse.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2017, 07:56:35 PM »