Author Topic: Thursday Basketball Practice  (Read 1000 times)

Offline Herdmeister

Thursday Basketball Practice
« on: September 22, 2017, 06:47:04 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I attended yesterday's 2 hour practice. I just love to watch Danny teach. He lives for that. To watch him is worth the effort of attending practice.
    These guys have tons of enthusiasm. In fact at the conclusion of practice when the players huddle up, Jon encouraged them all to keep this amount of hustle everyday. He is truly becoming a leader of this team.
    We are so much quicker this year than last. It has become a trend. Each team Danny has put on the floor is quicker than the one the year before. This will create more offensive opportunities but maybe more importantly lead to better defense.
    They have put a ton of time into teaching defense over the summer. Not only the scheme but how to position yourself to be able to cover the area of your responsibility.
    The lack of size will in some instances hurt, I'm sure, but overall it really doesn't bother me. These guys have become better and better shooters as time goes by.

The team will next practice Tuesday at 2:30 for it's only practice of the week. It will be 2 hours. Regular season practice begins on the first Monday of October. Come on out and join u
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

The following users thanked this post: W0lfman, Garbanjo, HerdHead, 2xBison, Collis P, chris88, MUonium, herdorbust

HerdFans.com

Thursday Basketball Practice
    « on: September 22, 2017, 06:47:04 AM »

Online MUonium

Re: Thursday Basketball Practice
    « Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 07:21:11 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • positive news...thanks.  now it would be great if the 3s, 4s, 5s can finish around the basket and everybody contributes a couple more rebounds per game (as Elmore does) and of course, if the perimeter shooting doesn't fall off any from last years shooting (or is even better!) everybody has said the D should be a little better.  if so, we've got a chance

Offline BHFIOHIO

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2017, 08:23:51 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Thanks..might be a NCAA berth in the near future. I sure hope so.

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2017, 08:47:25 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Thanks ty since i couldnt make it. I have said all along the size doesnt bother me even on defense. If you rotate well with speed and help out it doesnt really matter. I cant wait till second week of oct when im on vacation. Practice every day for me. Like you said.....watching danny teach is worth paying for a ticket. Im sulrised you haveny been slammed for a positive basketball post.

Offline coalherd

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2017, 01:29:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Kudos, Herdmeister, for the positive report and update on Herd BB!

(How's that, herdorbust?).  ;D

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2017, 03:22:13 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That was just wonderful coming from you. Appreciate it!!!!!

HerdFans.com

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2017, 03:22:13 PM »