Author Topic: siap NTHR speaking of offensive lines!!...  (Read 1458 times)

HerdFans.com

siap NTHR speaking of offensive lines!!...
« on: September 18, 2017, 11:23:30 AM »

Online herd2win

Re: siap NTHR speaking of offensive lines!!...
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 11:50:46 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Found out who the Oline coach is and make sure we never hire him....that was pathetic

Offline chris88

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 12:15:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Looks like QB ran wrong play.  All OL cut blocked so most likely a running play
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

The following users thanked this post: HerdHead

Offline HerdHead

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 12:28:31 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Looks like QB ran wrong play.  All OL cut blocked so most likely a running play

No doubt qb in the wrong here.  Could have been a quick slant.

Offline Scottyo614

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2017, 12:40:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I had a head coach who every year first week of practice tell QBs if I call a 3 step drop play and you run 5 you deserve to get killed for making my lineman look bad. If QB throws it it's not on highlights.

This  is like Chase last year and QB held it too long. Watch the routes on the left. Looks like a pick play that failed. The WRs on the right the one opens up but the QB never leaves the original look which got shut down.

Offline chris88

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2017, 03:09:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Seeing how OU DL reacted, I would have run the same thing again with widest WR out by numbers and brought the slot guy to middle for a middle screen.  Have OL fake cut block and then screen block.  I guess there are many reasons Kansas is not good.
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

Offline CoachMaclid

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2017, 09:01:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Speaking of terribly going to the ground, do these count as pushups?

The following users thanked this post: Scottyo614

Offline Herdfan73

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2017, 09:08:19 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I know it's fun to laugh at Kansas, but that is absolutely 100% the QBs fault. Hell, I'd even say that's a nice job by most if not all of the linemen. The d-line all have their hands down fending off the cut when the qb should have thrown the ball.

Either the QB ran the wrong play or the Line did, and I find it hard to believe all 5 linemen heard the wrong protection.

Online s1uggo

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2017, 09:55:35 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • I know it's fun to laugh at Kansas, but that is absolutely 100% the QBs fault. Hell, I'd even say that's a nice job by most if not all of the linemen. The d-line all have their hands down fending off the cut when the qb should have thrown the ball.

Either the QB ran the wrong play or the Line did, and I find it hard to believe all 5 linemen heard the wrong protection.

I dont know, maybe I am new fashioned, but seeing 4-5 offensive linemen lying on the ground is offensive to me!!  Guys on the ground = guys getting  hurt.  If you need to get their hands down, just chop their hands with yours.

Offline Herdfan73

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2017, 05:25:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I dont know, maybe I am new fashioned, but seeing 4-5 offensive linemen lying on the ground is offensive to me!!  Guys on the ground = guys getting  hurt.  If you need to get their hands down, just chop their hands with yours.

The idea is to keep them from jumping and getting their hands into passing lanes. The qb should be throwing the ball almost as soon as he gets the snap. No way to keep them down by chopping with your hands ????

Online s1uggo

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2017, 07:56:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The idea is to keep them from jumping and getting their hands into passing lanes. The qb should be throwing the ball almost as soon as he gets the snap. No way to keep them down by chopping with your hands ????
    I know what the idea is, I still don't want guys on the ground, that's where they get hurt, besides if I am throwing to the sideline why would the QB worry about the DT inside?

Offline sleeinwv

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2017, 08:01:43 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That is ... the QB didn’t buy our lunch block

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2017, 08:01:43 AM »

Offline MUinDE

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2017, 09:39:52 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I know what the idea is, I still don't want guys on the ground, that's where they get hurt, besides if I am throwing to the sideline why would the QB worry about the DT inside?

Serious question: have you ever played organized football at the high school level or above?

Offline MUonium

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2017, 10:00:43 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • great play if your QB is 4 ft tall and would like to see his receivers for a change.  might have to have a hyper-quick release, though

Offline coalherd

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2017, 05:10:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Guess the Jay Hawk linemen worked hard on their blocking this week.  Look at the number of points that they put on the Glenville Gibson defense in the KU shootout loss to the EERS today.

Online s1uggo

« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2017, 07:21:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Serious question: have you ever played organized football at the high school level or above?
    Yes I did HS and College, why do you ask??

HerdFans.com

« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2017, 07:21:32 PM »