Author Topic: Grant Taylor = Chucky?  (Read 2163 times)

Offline IM4DHERD

Grant Taylor = Chucky?
« on: September 18, 2017, 08:22:17 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I have a pet.

It's a Pet Peeve.

Maybe it's just me.

I don't know.

I do know that Grant Taylor's writing becomes more and more like Landon's.

The Herald Dispatch could save thousands on the paper.

Yup, the paper wasted with empty space between one-sentence paragraphs.

http://www.herald-dispatch.com/sports/marshall_sports/mu-football-notebook-fourth-quarter-exciting-for-herd/article_34c4b284-f380-5a07-a8dd-c95c1fd4b72f.html

Make a difference...Join the Big Green

The following users thanked this post: NerdHaitian

HerdFans.com

Grant Taylor = Chucky?
    « on: September 18, 2017, 08:22:17 AM »

Offline ThunderValley

Re: Grant Taylor = Chucky?
    « Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 08:39:06 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I thought it was a pretty good article.

BTW the refs huddled more than the teams did :)

Offline QuickStrike

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 08:59:57 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    The Raleigh, N.C., native finished with five tackles and three sacks on Saturday with two coming in the fourth quarter of the Herd's 21-0 win.

Damien Dozier had a good game.  Also, have to give Chase a shout out for that TD run.
    « Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 09:02:35 AM by QuickStrike »

Offline NerdHaitian

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 09:17:59 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • "Given the venom spewed on social media the past 24 hours (after a win, no less), it won't bring excitement."

That's some objective, professional journalism right there.

The following users thanked this post: svherd

Offline wasbarryb

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2017, 09:43:49 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    Grant Taylor = Chucky?

You can’t be serious. Did you read the article? Have you ever read a Done Deal article?

You can’t be serious.

Offline BraveSaintStuart

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2017, 09:54:04 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yeah, this isn't bad at all.  Meanwhile, I'm continually confused as to how Landon has a job.  I think I've agreed with him like... once... ever, and that's when I even bother to read his crap.

Bottom line, though, is that people want us to return to scoring 70 points a game and to be throwing bomb TDs all game long.  I'll take a 3 TD, shut-out win over "excitement" any day.  Yes, we need to keep working on developing the run game early.  But we need to keep winning.  Hope we can carry this momentum into Cincy and pull off the upset.

The following users thanked this post: backontrack

Offline svherd

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2017, 09:58:03 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • "Given the venom spewed on social media the past 24 hours (after a win, no less), it won't bring excitement."

Yeah, it amazes me how some in the media and our own fan base think our fans are the only ones who have issues, criticize play calling, team play, etc. There's a who big world out there - get out of the fish bowl. Hell, we're lightweights.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: HerdHead, mr_ash_1995, Apollo, The E-Man, backontrack, MUther

Offline IM4DHERD

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2017, 10:30:02 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Commenting only on an annoying format, not the content.  I too thought the content was good.
    Make a difference...Join the Big Green

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2017, 11:10:23 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Bottom line, though, is that people want us to return to scoring 70 points a game and to be throwing bomb TDs all game long. I'll take a 3 TD, shut-out win over "excitement" any day.

I don't think Herd fans are "upset because we didn' score 70" we're upset because we had only a 7-0 lead over Kent State after 3 qrts, now let that sink in for minute!  The defense is coming along, but it's the same ol sh*t with Legg's offense. Herd fans was promised a change from an AD and head coach that things would be different this year. I bet Louisville scores 21 in the 1qt on Kent this week when they play.

Offline Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #9 on: September 18, 2017, 11:28:08 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don't think Herd fans are "upset because we didn' score 70" we're upset because we had only a 7-0 lead over Kent State after 3 qrts, now let that sink in for minute!  The defense is coming along, but it's the same ol sh*t with Legg's offense. Herd fans was promised a change from an AD and head coach that things would be different this year. I bet Louisville scores 21 in the 1qt on Kent this week when they play.

We could be a very good team (good D and special teams), but our O is godawful. The worst part is it looks to me that we have enough talent on O to be pretty good on that side of the ball, but our scheme simply doesn't take advantage of the strengths of our personnel

« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 10:09:27 AM by Garbanjo »

The following users thanked this post: HerdHead, herd1990, mr_ash_1995, The E-Man

Offline jocktalker

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2017, 11:28:50 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

A little opinion comment slipped into the article.  You are right.  It really has no place in a game wrap-up but it certainly would be acceptable in a column.

The following users thanked this post: Gaylen

Offline jocktalker

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2017, 11:31:22 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Commenting only on an annoying format, not the content.  I too thought the content was good.

The format is the Herald-Dispatch format.  You really can't blame the writer.

The Associated Press had adopted a similar format and I'm not crazy about it either.

The following users thanked this post: Gaylen, backontrack

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2017, 11:31:22 AM »

Offline banker

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2017, 09:19:54 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • Yeah, this isn't bad at all.  Meanwhile, I'm continually confused as to how Landon has a job.  I think I've agreed with him like... once... ever, and that's when I even bother to read his crap.

Bottom line, though, is that people want us to return to scoring 70 points a game and to be throwing bomb TDs all game long.  I'll take a 3 TD, shut-out win over "excitement" any day.  Yes, we need to keep working on developing the run game early.  But we need to keep winning.  Hope we can carry this momentum into Cincy and pull off the upset.

Their starting QB was shredding us, if he hadn't been injured our offensive offense may not have been enough.  That's the issue.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, mr_ash_1995, Apollo

Offline HaveUherd

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2017, 09:48:13 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don't think Herd fans are "upset because we didn' score 70" we're upset because we had only a 7-0 lead over Kent State after 3 qrts, now let that sink in for minute!  The defense is coming along, but it's the same ol sh*t with Legg's offense. Herd fans was promised a change from an AD and head coach that things would be different this year. I bet Louisville scores 21 in the 1qt on Kent this week when they play.

Well E-Man we were a miracle pass away from losing to them in 2015.

Let that sink in.

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, The E-Man

Offline Herdfan73

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2017, 09:56:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I thought it was one of the most pretentious articles I've ever read. Talking down to those who obviously don't possess the knowledge to realize what a true masterpiece this was by Marshall.

Pretty sad really, and I've been a big fan of his reporting in the past.

Offline coalherd

« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2017, 11:03:42 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0

Apparently, E-Man, just as Louie was "shocked. . .shocked" that gambling was going on at Ric's in the classic move Casablanca, I take it that you are "shocked. . .shocked" that Marshall's AD LIED!!!!

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man

Offline ThunderingHerdFan

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2017, 09:24:33 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • Who is Grant Taylor???!????

Sorry, always a pet peeve when someone tries to be observant and gets Grant Traylor's name wrong.

Offline bighat

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2017, 09:32:56 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • We won the game.  Enough said.

The following users thanked this post: 2xBison, backontrack

Offline herdfifteen

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2017, 09:55:25 AM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • Their starting QB was shredding us, if he hadn't been injured our offensive offense may not have been enough.  That's the issue.
    Their QB was shredding us early before we made the necessary adjustments and became acclimated to their system. This happens to most teams playing against it the first series or two. To imply that was going to continue to happen is rather ludicrous, give Heater and the defense some credit.

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2017, 01:49:17 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

As predicted Lousiville scored 21 points on Kent in the first qrt. 28-3 at the half.

Offline coalherd

« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2017, 05:02:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • As predicted Lousiville scored 21 points on Kent in the first qrt. 28-3 at the half.

Yeah, E, but you can't say that the Cards pitched a shutout like the mighty Herd D did!! ;)

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man

HerdFans.com

« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2017, 05:02:01 PM »