Author Topic: Will be interesting to see how fans react to boycotting anthem this year  (Read 641 times)

Offline chris88

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It doesn't bother me if Kapernick gets a job in NFL.  Putting him on a pedestal is another thing entirely.  A guy who has openly praised Castro.  I won't even watch any game M. Lynch plays in.  If he wants to eat a banana why the anthem is playing it won't be on my tv...even if its the Super Bowl
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

HerdFans.com

Offline The E-Man

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It doesn't bother me if Kapernick gets a job in NFL.  Putting him on a pedestal is another thing entirely.  A guy who has openly praised Castro.  I won't even watch any game M. Lynch plays in.  If he wants to eat a banana why the anthem is playing it won't be on my tv...even if its the Super Bowl

Just because it's Kapernick's right to not honor the flag, does it make it right to sit doing the Anthem?, ( HELL, NO!). It's my right to desecrate the flag, does that mean I should do it?, (HELL NO!) Not honoring the flag is very "disrespectful" to the men and women who are dying defending our flag in Afghanistan, Iraq, and throughout the world. Our brave soldiers past, and present, have paid the ultimate price for our freedoms, and we as people owe them our gratitude for their services. If Kapernick lived in Cuba and protested they would throw his sorry ass up under jail as a political prisoner.

The following users thanked this post: chris88, CoachSkip, herdorbust

Offline The E-Man

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • P.S, Please, don't give me the left liberal sh*t! Because I've heard some people who are far right say it's Kapernick's right to sit.

Offline chris88

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Oh yea, it rubs me the wrong way for sure.  My point is I don't think it should keep him from signing with another team.
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

Offline pdunn

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • P.S, Please, don't give me the left liberal sh*t! Because I've heard some people who are far right say it's Kapernick's right to sit.

People have a right to do all sorts of things.  Some of the things they do say more about their lack of prudence and extreme narcissism than anything else, stunts like this fall in that category.
    "On rainy days, the early justices would enliven case conferences with wine. On other days, even if the sun was shining, Chief Justice John Marshall would order wine anyway, saying, 'Our jurisdiction is so vast that it must be raining somewhere.' "

The following users thanked this post: chris88, The E-Man

Offline QuickStrike

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Keep it up 70% black player NFL.  The vast majority of white fans are getting sick and tired of being called racist evil nazis because they disagree with the political agenda.  Right wing patriotic fans should boycott the NFL.  Only a matter of time before these childish antics come to a sideline near you.

Offline herdorbust

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • No doubt their will be a time when people will have to stand up against this nonsense and respect country over a game. I do not want to watch a guy that sits during the National Anthem if he is black, white or green. Yes the players have a right to do it. But we have a right to say enough is enough. And I agree with E-MAN on this 100%.

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man

Offline QuickStrike

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Why is this NFL anthem bull.shi.t not an issue in the NBA, or Major League baseball?

Offline chris88

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Also keep in mind, the many polls found that Kapernicks antics had an impact of NFL's attendance figures and tv numbers (which dropped significantly last year). Some of the polls were disputed.  Keep in mind, however, that CK was one QB on the west coast on a very bad team.  If you see more players boycotting anthem in east coast markets, you'll likely get a better sense of the impact. I guarantee you if people see Lynch etc eating a banana on sideline like he did in preseason game the impact will be much more extreme.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/nfl-tv-ratings-rasmussen-reports-poll-colin-kaepernick-anthem-protest-reaction-effect/95jdoch1ngj103xvbkllcbvk

There were also calls by some late last year suggesting it was time to due away with anthems at games altogether...mostly by left leaning journalists/media sources like one below, Huff Post etc

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/garcia-time-put-national-anthem-sporting-events-article-1.2647068

Offline pdunn

• [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • Oh yea, it rubs me the wrong way for sure.  My point is I don't think it should keep him from signing with another team.

His protest itself isn't what is keeping him from getting signed, its the effect that it has on the game and all the aspects of the game.  He really only had to do this once to make the point, to keep doing it over and over again makes him a spectacle, makes his side show a distraction for everyone in the stadium.  This stuff probably becomes a locker room cancer too.  I don't care if this guy is Dan Marino come again, which he's not, signing him is a bad business decision. 
    "On rainy days, the early justices would enliven case conferences with wine. On other days, even if the sun was shining, Chief Justice John Marshall would order wine anyway, saying, 'Our jurisdiction is so vast that it must be raining somewhere.' "

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man

Offline chris88

Re: Will be interesting to see how fans react to boycotting anthem this year
    « Reply #10 on: August 23, 2017, 05:26:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • His protest itself isn't what is keeping him from getting signed, its the effect that it has on the game and all the aspects of the game.  He really only had to do this once to make the point, to keep doing it over and over again makes him a spectacle, makes his side show a distraction for everyone in the stadium.  This stuff probably becomes a locker room cancer too.  I don't care if this guy is Dan Marino come again, which he's not, signing him is a bad business decision.

Can't really argue with that.  Many peoples priorities (mine included) go God, family, country.  In the case of most people, you would expect football to be way down the list.  It would present a dilemma to season ticket holders who may want to cancel seats but doing so might be a risky proposition if it turns out to be just a phase that ends soon.  In that case it might take them yrs and yrs to get the same seats back.  Eventually the NFL would have to respond and if it puts a dent in Goodell's 20M+ salary it would be a difficult situation for teams/league administrators.

Offline Thundering In MD

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2017, 01:54:51 AM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • I detest Kaepernick.  So Mote It Be.
    « Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 02:27:11 AM by Thundering In MD »
    Twitter:  @ThunderingInMD

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2017, 01:54:51 AM »

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2017, 11:18:48 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I know a few people and especially one guy that is a HUGE football fan. And he won't even watch the NFL anymore. I was actually shocked that he would make a stand because of his passion for the game. But he said he is sick of it. And BTW, so am i.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2017, 11:18:48 AM »