Author Topic: Checkin' out for the eclipse...  (Read 232 times)

Offline carolinaherdfan

Checkin' out for the eclipse...
« on: August 21, 2017, 01:57:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Been tailgating all day...its a little bit like a championship football game...
    Go Eclipse!
    The dow is off a little. I don't know?

beherd😎

HerdFans.com

Checkin' out for the eclipse...
    « on: August 21, 2017, 01:57:47 PM »

Offline chris88

Re: Checkin' out for the eclipse...
    « Reply #1 on: August 21, 2017, 08:00:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It was pretty cool.  Now i'm just hoping I can get that "total Eclipse of the heart" song out of my head
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2017, 09:29:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It was pretty cool.  Now i'm just hoping I can get that "total Eclipse of the heart" song out of my head

Chris are you "touched" in love? lmao... :)

Offline chris88

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2017, 10:46:45 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • No, I just heard the song recently and now with all the eclipse talk it haven't been able to lose it (going on 2 weeks now)  :P
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

Offline pdunn

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2017, 02:39:22 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I made it down to a state park a little SE of Nashville today and got to see the "total" eclipse.  We had it there for 2 1/2 minutes.

Birds stopped chirping, and the fireflies I!!!) came out.

At totality when all you see is the moon and the sun's corona (the diamond ring effect) it has to be one of the most astonishing sights in all of nature.  You can look at that part of it with the naked eye and you can't see it through eclipse glasses because it is not bright enough.  Just be ready to avert your gaze quickly because when the sun gets exposed again it does it without warning.

Once in a lifetime thing to see--although there will another one that will go through W. Ohio in 2024 I think. 

And once in a lifetime traffic jam on I-40 trying to come back home again :).
    "On rainy days, the early justices would enliven case conferences with wine. On other days, even if the sun was shining, Chief Justice John Marshall would order wine anyway, saying, 'Our jurisdiction is so vast that it must be raining somewhere.' "

The following users thanked this post: chris88, The E-Man

HerdFans.com

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2017, 02:39:22 AM »