Author Topic: I am predicting a..  (Read 1486 times)

Offline carolinaherdfan

I am predicting a..
« on: August 19, 2017, 10:05:46 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I am predicting a 10-2 season...we have had 3 double digit winning seasons, before last year...Marshall is truly a great place. We are gettin' ready to kick some ...

Never forget: by the grace of almighty God...
    « Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 01:27:22 AM by Big City »

HerdFans.com

I am predicting a..
    « on: August 19, 2017, 10:05:46 PM »

Offline marshallz13

Re: I am predicting a 1...
    « Reply #1 on: August 19, 2017, 10:06:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Your optimism is inspiring. Seems unlikely to me though.

Offline carolinaherdfan

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2017, 10:46:28 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Our weakness is in ol/dl performance. I think we can win this. Our Qb, receivers, rbs are becoming bigtime; the defense, even though having a great loss, is going to become great...next season our worries will be: will they stay...

Offline parshall2marshall

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2017, 12:46:09 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Well Carolina, at 10-2 you just about on board with myself ( 10-4 and a CUSA Ch. ), and I believe Garbanjo and bbcard are quite optimistic and somewhere around this level.

I could be wrong about those bros though, I am sure those 2 will correct me if I assume too much. Everyone else on this board, it seems not so much. A few saying we should go 8-4 to 7-5 but not many coming out with an actual prediction for that, but some are. Don't be offended if I left you out, I just don't recall a hard, say, 9-3 from anyone.

Looking at the schedule, we are better set up for 2018, but we should get off to a good start this season.

p2m
    The forever FREE way to Build Sales Funnels and sell Digital Products online. Build free web sites of all kinds without programming. No credit card needed. Limited time.

https://groovepages.groovesell.com/a/gD4OhvmchDoe

Offline herd2win

Re: I am predicting a..
    « Reply #4 on: August 20, 2017, 07:57:11 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I could see 8-4 but that only happens if we win game number 1.  I truly believe that Miami will determine if we have a good year or bad.  This team loses the fans if they get beat by Miami at home.

The following users thanked this post: ed swain, herdfifteen

Offline Greg H

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2017, 06:41:02 AM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]1
  • Delusional

Offline Scottyo614

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2017, 08:39:07 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm wanting to go to the Zaxbys bowl

Online svherd

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2017, 09:01:02 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I have Miami, Cincy, UTSA and FAU and USM as swing games. NCSU, MT, WKU will be very tough tests. Kent, Charlotte, FIU and ODU should be wins. Who knows how this team will respond. I know a lot has been placed on the Miami game but it will be a good barometer.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline iherdya

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2017, 09:04:34 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm wanting to go to the Zaxbys bowl

i wouldn't hold your breath.

Offline carolinaherdfan

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2017, 01:34:08 PM »
  • [Like]-1
  • [Dislike]5
  • We should be good out of the gate...better in every way...really at every position...Miami always believes themselves to be great...mostly due to the white privalege the majority of their student body has grown up with.
    « Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 01:36:35 PM by carolinaherdfan »

Offline W0lfman

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2017, 09:02:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Delusional
    why would that be delusional?  aint like we be playing a bunch of ben hurr's.  in my mind we play three teams that are probably going to be an obvious favorite - NC St, MTSU and WKU.  Cincy is a wildcard.  All others are teams that if we've corrected problems from last year we should beat.  i could be wrong, but then again i could be right.  we'll see.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall

Offline carolinaherdfan

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2017, 11:59:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I am predicting a 10-2 season...we have had 3 double digit winning seasons, before last year...Marshall is truly a great place. We are gettin' ready to kick some ...

If our men grow a couple...if they grow a Marshall football heart...then by the Grace of Almighty God our season could end up top 25...

I truly believe this...We Are...and no one we schedule ever will be...

The following users thanked this post: ed swain

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2017, 11:59:49 PM »

Offline Greg H

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2017, 05:18:48 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • why would that be delusional?  aint like we be playing a bunch of ben hurr's.  in my mind we play three teams that are probably going to be an obvious favorite - NC St, MTSU and WKU.  Cincy is a wildcard.  All others are teams that if we've corrected problems from last year we should beat.  i could be wrong, but then again i could be right.  we'll see.

Because we sucked sack last year, the schedule is harder and there is ZERO evidence of change or improvement?  Of course, those are just the objectively provable reasons.

The following users thanked this post: forphase1

Offline Apollo

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2017, 09:19:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If our men grow a couple...if they grow a Marshall football heart...then by the Grace of Almighty God our season could end up top 25...

I truly believe this...We Are...and no one we schedule ever will be...
    For some reason, I doubt highly that Marshall football is tops on God's to-do list...E for effort though. A+ for optimism, realism not so much.

Offline SuperAnjario

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2017, 07:29:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1

Lol

Offline QuickStrike

« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2017, 09:10:54 AM »
  • [Like]2
  • [Dislike]0
  • We should be good out of the gate...better in every way...really at every position...Miami always believes themselves to be great...mostly due to the white privalege the majority of their student body has grown up with.

Anyone using the term white privilege is an i.diot.   

The following users thanked this post: forphase1, MUinDE

Offline MU42

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2017, 09:22:34 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 10-2 is best case scenario which almost never happens.
    2-10 is worst case scenario which kinda did happen last year.

We will fall right in the middle of the expectations like we normally do. 6-6 isn't a horrible year considering the mess of last year. But losing players weekly has been a problem for a while now.

Imo Doc must get to 8 wins. That means there is little room for error with built in losses to NC State and WKU. Sure maybe we pull one of this out but we will be big underdogs in both. So that leave 10 games to go 8-2 or 7-3 and win a bowl.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2017, 09:22:34 AM »