Author Topic: GRANT TRAYLOR: Holliday, Herd looking to put 2016 in the rearview  (Read 555 times)

Offline Buffalo Bop

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    HUNTINGTON - When Marshall University's football contingent at the 2017 Conference USA Media Kickoff in Irving, Texas, met with reporters Thursday, one recurring theme was brought up.

It was a question about Marshall having a 3-9 season in 2016 and what exactly happened.

While Marshall coach Doc Holliday, senior tight end Ryan Yurachek and junior defensive tackle Ryan Bee willingly answered questions about last season, their focus this week and as practice gets started next week isn't on 2016.

http://www.herald-dispatch.com/sports/marshall_sports/holliday-herd-looking-to-put-in-the-rearview/article_6ad00ff7-b9a0-5ce2-ad88-e7f4052514b0.html

According to Grant, football practice is starting in July for the first time in Doc's tenure; practice starts next Thursday.

Will the Herd put last season in the rearview and get it done?

We'll find out on Sept. 2. . .Stay tuned!

HerdFans.com

Offline Big City

Re: GRANT TRAYLOR: Holliday, Herd looking to put 2016 in the rearview
    « Reply #1 on: July 21, 2017, 10:01:52 AM »
  • [Like]2
  • [Dislike]0
  • Of course going 3-9 leaves a bad taste in your mouth. I don't think it's just the 3-9 thing. It's how things went down; the fans being called out and the football team falling apart with little to no explanation. I can't blame them (athletic dept) as I wouldn't want to talk about it either.
    IronMan & Multisport Athlete
    2 x American Triple T Finisher
    Celebrated beer drinker

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, The E-Man, QuickStrike

Offline QuickStrike

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2017, 12:24:10 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This will be the beginning of Doc's 8TH SEASON.  He is not getting better as a Head Coach and in fact arguments could be made he is getting worse.  I'm waiting on the Miami O. game outcome to get an idea where we go this year.

The following users thanked this post: Big City

Offline herd2win

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2017, 02:01:39 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don't ever remember in any year thinking one game meant so much....the Miami game is critical for this season and Doc's future as the MU coach.

Offline HerdHead

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2017, 02:54:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This fan is not looking to put 2016 in the rearview mirror.

This fan is looking to put 2016 on the ground, stomp the life out of it, tie it up, set it on fire, bury it.... and THEN put it in the rearview mirror.

The following users thanked this post: chris88

HerdFans.com

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2017, 02:54:57 PM »