Author Topic: Grant Traylor: Herd picked to finish 4th in East  (Read 5101 times)

Offline Green Dog

Re: Grant Traylor: Herd picked to finish 4th in East
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2017, 12:33:19 PM »
  • [Like]2
  • [Dislike]1
  • Same HC.
    Same OC.
    Same DC.
    Same QB.
    Same Recruiting.
    Same Schemes.
    Same Result.

4th place in the east sounds about right.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, wasbarryb, The E-Man

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2017, 12:33:19 PM »

Offline coalherd

« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2017, 10:02:10 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • Thanks for that clarification.

bottom line, it shows where Doc has taken this program....he better undo what he has done or hit the bricks

But it is becoming increasingly clear, 2xBison, to many that the "undoing" would have to include jettisoning his BFF, Bill Legg.  And it is also pretty clear that Doc has decided that he and his BFF will "sink or swim" together, with Mike Hamrick's blessing!!

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, The E-Man

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2017, 10:06:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Our Lb corp is going to be awesome!  Scheme to fit there style and our D is going to be much improved.  Bee inside will help us in the interior a lot.  D carries us this year.
    « Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 10:08:29 PM by MicDrass1 »

The following users thanked this post: lovetheherd2

Offline ThunderValley

« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2017, 10:41:44 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • No kool aid for me until after the first game and then maybe a tiny sip or maybe throw the glass in the garbage.

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2017, 11:01:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • But it is becoming increasingly clear, 2xBison, to many that the "undoing" would have to include jettisoning his BFF, Bill Legg.  And it is also pretty clear that Doc has decided that he and his BFF will "sink or swim" together, with Mike Hamrick's blessing!!
    I've never been a big Doc fan, thought he has always under achieved.  even in the good years.  that said, i'm not going to sit here and rip them and be negative, i'll wait and see how the season goes.  i'm hopeful we can have a good season..if not, I will bitch then when the time comes.  for now, i'm just waiting and seeing and planning my tailgate

QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

The following users thanked this post: ed swain

Offline Apollo

« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2017, 11:42:42 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Our Lb corp is going to be awesome!  Scheme to fit there style and our D is going to be much improved.  Bee inside will help us in the interior a lot.  D carries us this year.

Bee doesn't have the bulk to be an interior linemen. He's a rush end but then again why am I surprised this staff takes a kid great at his position and moves him somewhere he'll get lost.

The following users thanked this post: HerdHead

Offline HerdBlizz

« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2017, 12:54:34 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Bee doesn't have the bulk to be an interior linemen. He's a rush end but then again why am I surprised this staff takes a kid great at his position and moves him somewhere he'll get lost.

All Marshall ever schemes is the rush ends.  Dropping a few off the line into short coverage is something Doc has never figured out

Online chris88

« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2017, 06:20:25 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I believe the thought that Bee will be a FT interior DL is false.  I believe he will be moved around situationally.  Very tough for a 6'7 guy to be an interior DL unless he plays with tremendously low pad level/strength and has a great explosion at snap.
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

Offline herd2win

« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2017, 08:54:59 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This season falls more on leadership then talent...the team last year had no leadership and key players were the ones causing trouble....Ryan Bee was suspended because of what he did on the road with Chase...if these guys can turn it around this team has a chance....if not it will be a 5-7 type season.

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2017, 11:04:39 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Bee doesn't have the bulk to be an interior linemen. He's a rush end but then again why am I surprised this staff takes a kid great at his position and moves him somewhere he'll get lost.

I think we do with Bee what the Eagle do with Vinny Curry.  When Curry plays DT he is unstoppable with penetration.  He disrupts the play at the snap.  That's what I see Bee doing.  Making the initial key play that allows others to swarm and clean up the play.  This is college.  Most ol we play are slow.  He will do damage inside.

Online chris88

« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2017, 12:02:45 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We'll see about Bee.  Apparently he will be a FT DT according to CUSA interview today.  He said he has put on 20 lbs in offseason.  Trouble is with his height it will be harder keeping his pad level down without great strength/explosion. The OL may be slow but they know where the play is going...which makes kit easier to get under the pads of a DT on a running play.  Hopefully it works out.....I guess he could always move back to DE or split time at the 2 positions. As I've said, I expect the D to be better.
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

Offline Apollo

« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2017, 12:28:02 AM »
  • [Like]2
  • [Dislike]0
  • We'll see about Bee.  Apparently he will be a FT DT according to CUSA interview today.  He said he has put on 20 lbs in offseason.  Trouble is with his height it will be harder keeping his pad level down without great strength/explosion. The OL may be slow but they know where the play is going...which makes kit easier to get under the pads of a DT on a running play.  Hopefully it works out.....I guess he could always move back to DE or split time at the 2 positions. As I've said, I expect the D to be better.
    I hope it works out too because we all know John's motto "If it isn't working, keep doing the same thing."

The following users thanked this post: wasbarryb, The E-Man

HerdFans.com

« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2017, 12:28:02 AM »

Offline wasbarryb

« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2017, 06:54:31 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I hope it works out too because we all know John's motto "If it isn't working, keep doing the same thing."

+1

That was funny.

Sadly true, but funny.

Offline svherd

« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2017, 08:09:43 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • OL and DL play will determine what kind of season we have. Jmo. Both lack depth.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, Apollo

HerdFans.com

« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2017, 08:09:43 AM »