Author Topic: Uniforms  (Read 6353 times)

Offline NerdHaitian

Re: Uniforms
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2017, 03:59:26 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • And nobody notes the fact that Chase Litton is one of the models?  I figured that would be the first thing people would notice.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2017, 03:59:26 PM »

Offline iherdya

« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2017, 04:04:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • And nobody notes the fact that Chase Litton is one of the models?  I figured that would be the first thing people would notice.

why would it stand out that our starting qb is one of the models?

Offline HaveUherd

« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2017, 04:15:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Why not go to all black and change our slogan to read go black?  Last I heard our school colors was green and white and our slogan was go herd.  I would like to see the uniforms wolf man showed.  This was a great looking uniform.  Let's get back to our basic colors.

Because once you go black you never go back.

Offline herdfan429

« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2017, 04:31:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Why not go to all black and change our slogan to read go black?  Last I heard our school colors was green and white and our slogan was go herd.  I would like to see the uniforms wolf man showed.  This was a great looking uniform.  Let's get back to our basic colors.

Dear lord people get over yourselves. We aren't changing colors to black. Black makes the green pop and if you can't see that then I can't help you. The uniforms look good. If you can't enjoy the team because of the uniform color then you weren't a fan to begin with

The following users thanked this post: lexkyherdfan, miltonherdfan

Offline HerdBlizz

« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2017, 04:33:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • no, i dont think miami is worse than Charlotte.  But i do think there were issues with the team last year that have been purged from the program.  coaching is still mediocre at best and everyone has a right to be concerned and most especially Bill Legg and his ridiculous offensive scheme.  however, my gut tells me this team will be dramatically different than 2016.

Wolf.....Your starting to drink the green kool-aid....

Offline BHFIOHIO

« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2017, 04:39:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I like the 3 wide outs, Yuri and RBs. Chase has talent...needs head in the game. OL still questionable but I do think we will score quite a few points. DTs a weak spot but Young, Yulee and the three JUCO LBs/DBs will help.

The following users thanked this post: W0lfman

Online herdfifteen

« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2017, 04:53:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I like the 3 wide outs, Yuri and RBs. Chase has talent...needs head in the game. OL still questionable but I do think we will score quite a few points. DTs a weak spot but Young, Yulee and the three JUCO LBs/DBs will help.
    As usual your assessment is spot on, agree with all you said.

The following users thanked this post: W0lfman, lexkyherdfan

Offline W0lfman

« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2017, 05:51:18 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • Wolf.....Your starting to drink the green kool-aid....
    i think so.  feel free to blow me up if my gut is wrong.  ;)

Offline Thunders

« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2017, 06:24:24 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • The away unis are atrocious. What makes am equipment person think they are a fashion designer? The white jersey with black sleeves is just bad. Add the green letter that are a difference color than the numbers and it's just bad. If the sleeves were green it wouldn't look nearly as bad. In fact I might like them. But this black on white deal looks terrible.

Also why can't we put stripes on our pants. Why do they have to be solid? Stripes would look great. Just my opinion
    Yoda says:    Blow the Mountaineers do!!

The following users thanked this post: Apollo

Offline ADub4Heisman

« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2017, 06:40:36 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • what do you dislike about them?

Mostly the black shoulders. We have a black jersey and pants combo, let the other uniforms feature just green and white.
    Don't like the change of font and "Marshall" written across the chest. Not a big fan of "The Herd" written on the front of the other jerseys either but it doesn't seem to take up quite as much space.
    Go Marshall Herd!!!

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2017, 07:08:23 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1

I like your assessment of and on paper we should win a lot of games. The problem is
    ( we still have the same coaches in Doc, and Legg) that concerns me.

Offline coalherd

« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2017, 10:28:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • As my kids say "those are boss"

Stripes on helmet and on pants mesh so well and make this, by far, the most striking Herd uni, IMO!

HerdFans.com

« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2017, 10:28:05 PM »

Offline CoachSkip

« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2017, 10:39:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think the ,"The Herd" ,  script is starting to look dated . The normal block letters stay in style , trendy things made in art class don't.
    It takes considerable knowledge just to realize the extent of your own ignorance . --- Thomas Sowell
    If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. --- Ronald Reagan
    Character , not circumstances , make the man. --- Booker T Washington
    Bill Nye is an i d i o t
    Ive never killed a mountain lion with my bare hands but Ive choked a few cougars .

Offline iherdya

« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2017, 07:36:42 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Mostly the black shoulders. We have a black jersey and pants combo, let the other uniforms feature just green and white.
    Don't like the change of font and "Marshall" written across the chest. Not a big fan of "The Herd" written on the front of the other jerseys either but it doesn't seem to take up quite as much space.

i get the black shoulders. what do you think would be better than marshall and the herd on the front?

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2017, 07:51:29 AM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • i think so.  feel free to blow me up if my gut is wrong.  ;)

I agree with you wolf.  Only problem is, dramatically different from last year could be 6-6 or 7-5 which to me isn't good enough for this league.

8 or the gate.
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

The following users thanked this post: W0lfman, The E-Man

Offline ThunderValley

« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2017, 08:05:26 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • In a players mind if he looks good..he will play good.  Just human nature

Online lexkyherdfan

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Heisman
    • GKI Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #41 on: July 19, 2017, 09:08:52 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • i think so.  feel free to blow me up if my gut is wrong.  ;)

I agree W0lf.  I just think we will be a lot different and surprise a lot of people.  Plus I refuse to give up on the team before the season even starts.  If people like Chad and Vinny don't give up...then why should I?

The following users thanked this post: W0lfman

Offline Big City

« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2017, 09:21:31 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I agree W0lf.  I just think we will be a lot different and surprise a lot of people.  Plus I refuse to give up on the team before the season even starts.  If people like Chad and Vinny don't give up...then why should I?

reminds me of...
    IronMan & Multisport Athlete
    2 x American Triple T Finisher
    Celebrated beer drinker

The following users thanked this post: 2xBison

Offline Thunders

« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2017, 12:29:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Why change the green shoulders to black?? I don't get it.
    Yoda says:    Blow the Mountaineers do!!

Offline Gaylen

« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2017, 04:03:25 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Did Marshall start with the black uniforms last season? Don't really remember.

Offline Herdfan2005

« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2017, 06:36:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Year before last I believe.

Offline Scottyo614

« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2017, 08:26:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • So I don't hate the black pants. But I hate the little black on the sleeves.

As for the Marshall on the white. I hate that. I'm a Browns fan and can't stand the big Cleveland on the front. However this is just a few minor tweaks to make all this great.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2017, 08:26:15 PM »

Online herd2win

« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2017, 09:17:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I like Marshall across the front...I would prefer stripes on the sleeves like La Tech but overall I like the unis...would not mind an alternative green or black helmet.

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2017, 10:40:45 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I agree W0lf.  I just think we will be a lot different and surprise a lot of people.  Plus I refuse to give up on the team before the season even starts.  If people like Chad and Vinny don't give up...then why should I?

You might find this hard to believe, I had more confidence heading into a season with coaches Lengyel, Ellwood, and the late great Randle, than I do with Doc as coach. Even though we had losing records with those previous coaches, I always looked forward to a new season with hope. I'm just not feeling it with Doc as our head coach.

The following users thanked this post: wasbarryb

Offline The Right Stuff

« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2017, 11:13:31 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You could have fooled me about the model.  I thought that was Eddie Haskell for a minute. "You're looking nice today Mrs. Cleaver.  How is the young Theodore doing".  "Come on Wally, let's blow this joint".  Get the hell out of here Beaver, you little creep". :o

TRS
    MU 71

HerdFans.com

« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2017, 11:13:31 AM »