Author Topic: Chuck Landon: Marshall officials make good, bad moves  (Read 1814 times)

Offline Buffalo Bop

Chuck Landon: Marshall officials make good, bad moves
« on: July 11, 2017, 09:31:00 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • http://www.herald-dispatch.com/sports/marshall_sports/chuck-landon-marshall-officials-make-good-bad-moves/article_28bfd889-4207-5977-ad4b-d271c7e572a2.html

Chuck gives his thoughts on several recent decisions by Marshall on football ticket prices, re-entry policy and beer sales!

HerdFans.com

Chuck Landon: Marshall officials make good, bad moves
    « on: July 11, 2017, 09:31:00 AM »

Offline Big City

Re: Chuck Landon: Marshall officials make good, bad moves
    « Reply #1 on: July 11, 2017, 10:24:41 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I would guess over the next few seasons the re-entry policy will change or be eliminated.

The current situation helps offset crowding in the concourse area, restrooms and concession lines.
    IronMan & Multisport Athlete
    2 x American Triple T Finisher
    Celebrated beer drinker

Offline miltonherdfan

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 10:32:22 AM »
  • [Like]2
  • [Dislike]1
  • AD really does take us for a bunch of idiots.  they did the same thing a few yrs back when we had that 5-game home sched that 1 yr -- same prices as 6 the prev year, then they jacked it up the next yr b/c we "added" a 6th game (i.e. the typical schedule).  i guess at some point we need to load up on 4 patsies OOC so we can play 8 home games 1 season, then they can charge us 8-game prices for the rest of eternity.

Offline The Right Stuff

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 12:56:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • There are no more patsies with this team. :-[

TRS
    MU 71

The following users thanked this post: luvherd, MUinDE, miltonherdfan

Offline Thundering In MD

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2017, 04:36:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Following through with Chuck's math:  a Chairback season ticket holder is paying $90 more this year, but if they were prudent and waited for the $35 discount, they are only overpaying by $55.  But I think the real question is still whether it was an "African or European swallow." 
    « Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 04:47:33 PM by Thundering In MD »
    Twitter:  @ThunderingInMD

Offline Scottyo614

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2017, 05:37:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I mean Ohio States 100,000 fans in their stadium doesn't boost that million dollar number at all... just the re entry. Oh chuck.

Also Morgan State gets counted but that wasn't much of a seventh game

The following users thanked this post: Herd2believe

Offline HerdBlizz

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2017, 10:20:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Following through with Chuck's math:  a Chairback season ticket holder is paying $90 more this year, but if they were prudent and waited for the $35 discount, they are only overpaying by $55.  But I think the real question is still whether it was an "African or European swallow."

People were not allowed to renew their same season tickets on the day they did the $35.00 discount.  Those seats were blocked out.

Offline Thundering In MD

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2017, 10:25:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • People were not allowed to renew their same season tickets on the day they did the $35.00 discount.  Those seats were blocked out.

I was just shooting for being funny. 
    « Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 07:31:08 AM by Thundering In MD »
    Twitter:  @ThunderingInMD

Offline NerdHaitian

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2017, 08:53:02 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • "Then, the prices drop incrementally to $266 and a $30 per ticket Big Green donation for East Prime I, $241 and a $15 per ticket Big Green donation for East Prime II..."

I read stuff like this and I wonder how in the sam hell Chuck Landon has a job, or why anyone in their right mind would put a half an ounce of confidence in anything he writes.

Offline Thunders

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2017, 08:31:21 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • At some point you need to disallow passouts. Sure it will piss off a lot of people at 1st but eventually you will correct a culture of people leaving the game and not coming back thus increasing revenue in the stadium. This will also improve atmosphere in the stadium as more people will likely be at the games and not leaving at the half. I think eventually you have to do it. You have to change the culture of Marshall games just being a social event. People get to their tailgate and may have intentions on returning but once people start drinking more and friends show up it becomes easier and easier to just stay and listen on the radio.
    Yoda says:    Blow the Mountaineers do!!

The following users thanked this post: svherd

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2017, 08:50:51 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • At some point you need to disallow passouts. Sure it will piss off a lot of people at 1st but eventually you will correct a culture of people leaving the game and not coming back thus increasing revenue in the stadium. This will also improve atmosphere in the stadium as more people will likely be at the games and not leaving at the half. I think eventually you have to do it. You have to change the culture of Marshall games just being a social event. People get to their tailgate and may have intentions on returning but once people start drinking more and friends show up it becomes easier and easier to just stay and listen on the radio.

I agree about the social event. I personally know a lot of people that go for one reason "tailgaiting". They could care less about the game. And sadly, that is a big part of the culture at Marshall. I'll bet if tailgaiting weren't allowed there wouldn't be 15k at the games.

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2017, 09:49:10 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Agree. In fact I know one woman that goes to tailgate for every game and NEVER goes to a game. NEVER! She and her friends just use it as a party place
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2017, 09:49:10 AM »

Offline svherd

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2017, 10:12:27 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Agree. In fact I know one woman that goes to tailgate for every game and NEVER goes to a game. NEVER! She and her friends just use it as a party place

That's why they need to double the cost of a west lot space. jmo.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

HerdFans.com

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2017, 10:12:27 AM »