Author Topic: Bradshaw Pleads No Contest To Marijuana Charge  (Read 9942 times)

Offline muherd41

• Rookie
Re: Bradshaw Pleads No Contest To Marijuana Charge
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2015, 02:15:07 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  

HerdFans.com

« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2015, 02:15:07 AM »

Offline Herd 90

« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2015, 05:21:48 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That and the owner doesn't want pot heads working for him. That and our customers don't want pot heads walking in their door. Oh, and if we need security clearances you can't get them being a pot head.

There is no future in smoking dope. I have done my fair share back in the younger days. Nothing good can come of it.

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Not very educated concerning cannabis, huh?  All your examples are from "back in the day."  You're still the 'ol Archie Bunker I remember from when I used to frequent that crappy, good 'ol boy forum. 

Online Johnnyherd

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Head Coach
    • Member Since 03/2011 Big Green Member 2011
    « Reply #52 on: May 14, 2015, 07:37:44 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • My question is that if it is such a mild, non addictive and non impairing drug why do so many people absolutely OBSESS over it?  I have people in my family that lose their minds

over it and that act like they won the lottery when they have it....Plan their weeks around getting it and using it....I known people with really good Federal jobs lose them....We've

watched athletes lose 10's of thousands of dollars because they can't stop for 45 days before the draft...Or get arrested 2 or 3 times for it after signing contracts with coaches to stop...

Offline FlyHawk98

« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2015, 07:42:01 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That may be the street term, but they are empty sleeves or tubes that people fill with Marijuana and smoke...They are sold at convenience stores...

Before they existed, Marijuana users would buy a single cigar and hull out the tobacco and replace it with Marijuana...Now they just buy an empty tube...

A lot of people still smoke j's.

Also, I prefer to buy the actual cigarellos or swisher sweets, then take the tobacco out, then put your cannabis in there.

The wraps are made out of some crappy paper that is usually coated with all kinds of chemicals to give it flavor.....YUCK!

Offline Greg H

« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2015, 07:45:02 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Johnny. That is called being addicted, whether the potheads want to call it that or not. It's no different than a smoker or a heavy drinker.  And it appears Ntelos believes in unicorns.  Another example of why the potheads should leave this argument to the non-potheads who actually keep it rational. 

Offline FlyHawk98

« Reply #55 on: May 14, 2015, 07:49:10 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • There can be a mental addiction for some people. Meaning, they feel they need it.

There is not a physical addiction to cannabis like there is tobacco, alcohol, caffeine, and most drugs whether prescribed or OTC.

As an athlete, you can either smoke a bowl after working out (which most body builders do as well) or you can go drink. Drinking causes you to be hung over the next day, and takes about 3 days to get back to 100% after a hard night of drinking. As for cannabis, you can smoke your brains out, pass out, and be fine the next day. You might hack some %^&* up if you smoked blunts, but thats not the cannabis, thats the stuff from the blunt wrap.

NO ONE IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD HAS EVER OVERDOSED ON CANNABIS!

Offline HerdKelly

« Reply #56 on: May 14, 2015, 08:02:51 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I love how people have tried to frame the argument as all users a bunch of responsible adults (apparently mostly surgeons) sitting around and smoking just one joint a day.

If we focused on the responsible adults having just a drink or two we wouldn't need DUI laws either. In fact, if the focus was responsible adults we probably wouldn't need many laws.

I must have encountered the only non-surgeon pot smokers in the world in my time on this earth.

Offline Greg H

« Reply #57 on: May 14, 2015, 08:10:15 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Haha.  Because the stereotype is TOTALLY invalid right?  Hahahahahahaha.  Not even.  Everyone knows that heAds HAVE to have the weed and most of them are losers.  I know some highly successful people who smoke, but it's not that common.

Online herdfan429

« Reply #58 on: May 14, 2015, 08:15:10 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I work with a ton of surgeons. Guess what they don't smoke up before a case. Are there some that do, probably. But I wouldn't ever say a majority do. The effects of marijuana on driving that I posted were actually from various studies on driving and smoking. Both with simulators and field tests. So yeah you could say they are text book. And of course they dependent on how much you smoke before driving. It's the same reason I can drink a beer a be ok to develop but if I drink 20 I'd be screwed.

Offline chris88

« Reply #59 on: May 14, 2015, 09:40:39 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Wouldn't matter to me as long as they were experienced smokers. I wouldn't want it to be  their first time smoking and trying those tasks with me though.

At the end of the day, majority of those professionals are already smoking it.

I doubt that is true.  I know very few true professionals that smoke pot.  Having been a pot smoker as a 12-15 yr old and being around others who consumed various quantities....anyone who says it doesn't have a short/long term effect on your brain is fooling themselves.  I would never, ever hire someone who I knew or thought was using pot.  I'm not talking about a person who takes a toke at a party once or twice a year, but someone who buys from a dealer and uses regularly or semi-regularly. Nothing put in body in excess is a positive thing but I would argue smoking a small amount of weed on a regular basis is much more detrimental to brain function than a casual drinker. Mentally lethargic/aloof is probably the way I would describe it. And as far as I know there is no test that can be taken instantly to get your "high" level like a sobriety test for drivers.  If they were already hired in a professional position I would find a way to get rid of them faster than you can say "pass the Funyons dude" :)
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

Offline FlyHawk98

« Reply #60 on: May 14, 2015, 10:00:34 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I am not advocating for people to be allowed to smoke and drive. You should never operate a vehicle while impaired. It's just not fair to the other people on the road imo.

Having said that, if I had my choice to hop in the car with someone who is stoned and driving, or drunk and driving, I'm going to go with the high person EVERY single time.

You guys can continue to be uneducated on the issue all you want.

There are many professionals, and many successful people who smoke every single day. They might not wake and bake, or smoke all day long, but a lot of people toke up at the end of the day.

Not sure how smoking in the evenings is supposed to effect my job during the day. Can't believe someone said they would never hire a person that smokes in the evenings on their own time. WOW

Offline herdman

« Reply #61 on: May 14, 2015, 10:24:19 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Herd90,

I smoked my fair share of the stuff back in my younger days. Then, I grew up. Realized I could not join the Army(or stay in it) if I couldn't pass a piss test. Or, even if you admit to smoking it at some point in your life then you are gone. I saw people kicked out for it. Then, later I realized...dang I might need a job and if they piss test me I won't get the job or get fired. Might get arrested and how would that look on my record. Sorry you are not hired because you took a toke.

I said I go back and forth of whether it should be legal or not. Reality is it is not legal now. It can cost careers and jobs.  The other side of me says well it may seem harmless, but my guess is every drug addict more than likely started with harmless pot smoking.

Nothing good can come of it. That is just my opinion. If you want to take a toke go ahead. I don't hold it against anyone. I know people that do it.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #61 on: May 14, 2015, 10:24:19 AM »

Offline chris88

« Reply #62 on: May 14, 2015, 10:30:06 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I am not advocating for people to be allowed to smoke and drive. You should never operate a vehicle while impaired. It's just not fair to the other people on the road imo.

Having said that, if I had my choice to hop in the car with someone who is stoned and driving, or drunk and driving, I'm going to go with the high person EVERY single time.

You guys can continue to be uneducated on the issue all you want.

There are many professionals, and many successful people who smoke every single day. They might not wake and bake, or smoke all day long, but a lot of people toke up at the end of the day.

Not sure how smoking in the evenings is supposed to effect my job during the day. Can't believe someone said they would never hire a person that smokes in the evenings on their own time. WOW

Because I see how regular use who can use act and what it does to them over time.  There may very well be a small percentage of people that can use regularly and be professionally unaffected but I have never met such a person.  So it's fair to say my opinion is based on my experience...but that experience is pretty extensive.

Most professional organizations want to hire people that are sharp and promotable. With the labor market what it is why would anyone take a chance like that when they don't have to.  It wouldn't make a difference if it were legal. Liability is also an issue.  Let's say that train engineer in Philly had a couple of beers before work....it's legal per se, but there is a reason people are not allowed to drink on job or before.  You don't think a lawyer is going to ask that question? I find it very hard to believe that any surgeon would risk his or her career by being a regular pot user (no matter how small the amount).  I would stay away from them based on sheer stupidity as much as the pot itself.

I had an HR manager tell me recently of a job applicant who tested positive who argued that they had pot while in Colorado where it's legal.  She told them federal law trumps state law....you are applying for a job in Indiana and you are out. She was more disturbed by the stupidity of their argument.

Anyway, if you want a good balanced report on how the Colorado law is going, go to Youtube and pull up the 60 minutes segment from a few months ago.  It gives both sides and gives everyone a lot to think about.
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #63 on: May 14, 2015, 10:52:27 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Chris you have probably met tons of regular users over your lifetime and you just don't know it.  It's illegal folks don't broadcast it unless they are stoners or its someone you know well.
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

Offline FlyHawk98

« Reply #64 on: May 14, 2015, 10:54:34 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You have not met such a person, because most would not go around letting people know they smoke. Especially if they have a successful career and reputation to worry about.

As for the legalization of it.

People are already doing it. Might as well make it regulated (more safe) and collect the tax money from it.

Interesting bill that was proposed by Reynolds the Democrat Delegate from Cabell County, would allow for the growing and cultivation of cannabis in WV for the sole purpose of exporting it to the states where it is legal.

Offline Apollo

« Reply #65 on: May 14, 2015, 11:54:34 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don't think it should be legal but to keep it illegal and not make alcohol illegal is preposterous. Alcohol related deaths are around 90,000 per year; 70% of traffic fatalities involve alcohol; on any given day in American corrections officers are responsible for about 5.3 million offenders - nearly 2 million of those were reported to be consuming alcohol when committing their crimes; over $200 billion in property damages annually; liver disease; fetal alcohol syndrome; broken homes; domestic violence; etc.; etc.; etc.

I've never smoked it but I will say statistics don't lie. Mary J hasn't contributed to nearly as much death and destruction as alcohol and when a person can get life in prison for trying to sell an undercover cop $10 worth of pot and a drunk driver can kill a person, get probation, then take the lives of a family of four and still only get 10 years, this system is severely f'd up. Something is terribly terribly wrong in this picture. If one is going to be illegal for "safety" reasons a lot are claiming, the other definitely should.

Offline jocktalker

« Reply #66 on: May 14, 2015, 11:59:23 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This has to be the funniest thread I've ever read on this board.

Pass the dutchie on the left hand side, I guess.   ;)

Online luvherd

« Reply #67 on: May 14, 2015, 12:44:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Believe me - many high paid upper echelon corporate officials I know smoke dope. Poor hourly guys get fired.  Some rationale to the hourly getting fired if they are working and high for safety reasons. However I don't get it if it was when they were off. Most just follow orders of the guy who was potentially high the night before.
    MU Alum
    Big Green Member

Offline FlyHawk98

« Reply #68 on: May 14, 2015, 01:03:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Morgan Freeman recently came out talking about how much he loves it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/05/11/morgan-freeman-marijuana_n_7258234.html?utm_hp_ref=celebrity&ir=Celebrity

"How do I take it? However it comes! I’ll eat it, drink it, smoke it, snort it,"

Just for the record, people don't actually snort it. Just thought I needed to clarify lol.

Offline HaveUherd

« Reply #69 on: May 14, 2015, 01:40:28 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It's very much addictive. At least for me personally it was. I do think it's safer than alcohol and other drugs but that doesn't mean it isn't bad. It seriously messes with your cognitive abilities. It also caused me to eat way too much and gain weight.

If someone could limit the amount they use it would actually be pretty harmless. For me though I just kept wanting to increase the amount to chase the high and its a pretty bad spiral you can get into doing that.

Having said all that, I'm closely watching it become legal. I'm probably going to use it again when I retire if it becomes legal. Right now at this point in my life it's a pretty bad choice for me. When I'm retired with no job to have to perform at I don't see why I shouldn't be able to fire one up and watch a Herd game or something. 

Online herdfan429

« Reply #70 on: May 14, 2015, 01:41:54 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Morgan Freeman recently came out talking about how much he loves it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/05/11/morgan-freeman-marijuana_n_7258234.html?utm_hp_ref=celebrity&ir=Celebrity

Just for the record, people don't actually snort it. Just thought I needed to clarify lol.

Well if Morgan Freeman says he loves then by all means everyone should. 

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #71 on: May 14, 2015, 01:50:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I dated a very hot sexy woman once, she turned heads every where we went. She loved smoking good (hydro weed) that her uncle grew on his farm somewhere in Harlan County, Ky. Her libido drive hit the ceiling when she smoked, weed made her "extremely horny!" Needless to say, I made sure she didn't run out, lol  ;)... We had some of the most intense best sex ever!, when she got high  ;D

HerdFans.com

« Reply #71 on: May 14, 2015, 01:50:03 PM »

Offline FlyHawk98

« Reply #72 on: May 14, 2015, 02:10:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I would say that pop is actually worst for you than cannabis, heck fast food might be as well.

It is a 100% natural HERB.

God made cannabis, man made beer....who you trust more?

Online luvherd

« Reply #73 on: May 14, 2015, 02:18:54 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • My buddy got busted in 72ish for a couple joints. He was sitting in the back seat of the cop car. I stuck my head in and said plead innocent because you are crazy about the stuff. I then thought we both were going to be arrested. :)
    MU Alum
    Big Green Member

Offline HerdKelly

« Reply #74 on: May 14, 2015, 02:55:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I've never smoked it but I will say statistics don't lie. Mary J hasn't contributed to nearly as much death and destruction as alcohol and when a person can get life in prison for trying to sell an undercover cop $10 worth of pot and a drunk driver can kill a person, get probation, then take the lives of a family of four and still only get 10 years, this system is severely f'd up. Something is terribly terribly wrong in this picture. If one is going to be illegal for "safety" reasons a lot are claiming, the other definitely should.

I'd like to see a link to someone getting life in prison for $10 worth of pot.  Pretty sure there has to be much much more to the story.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #74 on: May 14, 2015, 02:55:20 PM »