Author Topic: New uniforms  (Read 5600 times)

Offline k00laid

Re: New uniforms
« Reply #125 on: August 11, 2014, 01:42:17 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Seriously everybody, you have to start somewhere.  I don't think I remember Boise's first year of Nike designed uniforms coming in various flavors of jerseys, pants and helmets; I think they got the same deal we seem to have gotten this year.  As it went forward though they bought in more and more.
    Let's Go Herd!

HerdFans.com

« Reply #125 on: August 11, 2014, 01:42:17 PM »

Offline gochneaur645

« Reply #126 on: August 11, 2014, 01:55:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • People complaining about other people complaining is more common on our boards than people actually complaining.

Those against the new uniforms have a legitimate argument.  I understand the sentiment of trying to be positive and not complaining about things related to the Herd, but there's nothing wrong with constructive criticism. 

Make no mistake about it...these uniforms are objectively terrible from a design perspective.  I don't think I've seen one positive comment about them not coming from obviously biased Herd fans.

The Reddit thread about them is overwhelmingly negative.  The NCAABBS thread is almost unanimously negative.  Everyday Should Be Saturday, the most popular CFB blog out there, tweeted something along the lines of "Oh god no why Marshall".  I've also seen "Andes Mint Nightmare" which made me chuckle a bit.

At the end of the day, it's just uniforms and not that big of a deal.  But it's mildly annoying to hear people suggest we should just shut up and be happy with what we got when it's pretty obvious from the national consensus that somebody dropped the ball here big time. 

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #127 on: August 11, 2014, 01:59:14 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I won't argue that. Either go all out or just don't do it at all. I would have preferred matching away jerseys.

I can't imagine what the away unis would look like. I'm glad for at least 6 away games, we want have to look at another disaster!

Offline fedale

« Reply #128 on: August 11, 2014, 02:01:10 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If we make a bowl game, hopefully we wear white.

Also, if you want to vote on the uniform... here you go.

https://marshall.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=2236&tid=203087237&mid=203087237&sid=1082&style=2

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #129 on: August 11, 2014, 02:07:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If we make a bowl game, hopefully we wear white.

Also, if you want to vote on the uniform... here you go.

https://marshall.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=2236&tid=203087237&mid=203087237&sid=1082&style=2

Fedale, I voted "hell" no. You should run the same poll here.

Offline MUsince96

« Reply #130 on: August 11, 2014, 02:21:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Anyone see the player reaction video? They loved them.

Offline SuperAnjario

« Reply #131 on: August 11, 2014, 02:23:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I like the new uniforms.  All the new combinations will look better when the players are in pads and you can see the detail.  They should have rolled out all of our combinations for the public to see.  You could have had the new green on green, new green with white pants, white jersey with new pants, and white on white.  Seeing the options would have chilled everyone out.

Frankly, I think there's a lot of overreaction.  I'd guess that only about 40-50% of the fan base cares or pays attention to the uniforms that closely.  Of that 40-50%, at least half like the change.  

Offline goherd24

« Reply #132 on: August 11, 2014, 02:55:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Anyone see the player reaction video? They loved them.

Are you serious? They arent going to sit there in a meeting room and shout "ah hell no!"... that would be like you being in a corporate meetng when they have one of their terrible ideas and then you tell them as such. Next week, firing you is he sole reason they wake up in the morning. In Docs case, you become Stew Butlers room mate.

Offline MUsince96

« Reply #133 on: August 11, 2014, 03:02:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Lolz at Stew Butler room mate..

So cheering for them in the video and talking about how sweet they are on social media= "They really hate them, they just can't say so."

But if they were quiet in the video and didn't take to social media talking about how sweet they are= "See you can tell how much they hate them too!"

Seems legit.

Offline FlyHawk98

« Reply #134 on: August 11, 2014, 03:05:25 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If they players didn't like them they would make it known.

The more I look at the uniforms the more I like them. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter if I like them or if ANYONE on this board likes them, if the players like them then THAT IS ALL THAT MATTERS.

I don't twitter or facebook stalk any of the players like some of you do, but from what I have heard, the players like the uniforms and that is all that matters to me.

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #135 on: August 11, 2014, 03:05:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

So cheering for them in the video and talking about how sweet they are on social media= "They really hate them, they just can't say so."

But if they were quiet in the video and didn't take to social media talking about how sweet they are= "See you can tell how much they hate them too!"

Seems legit.

I talked to a few players, I'm not going to say their names. They weren't impressed at all. They really loved the kelly green on green home jerseys.
    « Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 03:07:52 PM by The E-Man »

Offline MUsince96

« Reply #136 on: August 11, 2014, 03:10:28 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I talked to a few players, I'm not going to say their names. They weren't impressed at all. They really loved the kelly green on green home jerseys.

You mean some players like them and some don't. Just like people on a message board. Now that I believe. You can't please 100% of people 100% of the time.
    « Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 03:36:42 PM by MUsince96 »

HerdFans.com

« Reply #136 on: August 11, 2014, 03:10:28 PM »

Offline 36thunder

« Reply #137 on: August 11, 2014, 03:26:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • watch the video from Ohio's black uniform unveiling... then watch ours and see who's more excited... IMO the only way to pull this off is with a black(or different somehow) helmet which has been stated isn't gonna happen.. but whatever... just win..

Offline goherd24

« Reply #138 on: August 11, 2014, 03:29:54 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I talked to a few players, I'm not going to say their names. They weren't impressed at all. They really loved the kelly green on green home jerseys.

Its pretty obvious from the initial picture in this thread. When they FIRST PUT THE UNIS ON THAT PIC WAS TAKEN. Words lie. Body language doesn't. Look at their faces and expression. Cato is all business, shuler looks sick about it, as does the others. They don't like them. Rouse said in an interview that "we were hoping for all black, but the guys seem to like them" no a ringing endorsement.

If you don't think the administration is in damage control mode righr now, media spinning stories, and having players step up and be positive, then you are living under a roc IMO. Im sure some of the players like them. Im also sure that the majority probably doesnt, just like the majority of people dont like them on here and other fanbases.

Remember how we always made fun when other teams got bad uniforms? Well, the tides have turned.
    http://csnbbs.com/thread-697980.html

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #139 on: August 11, 2014, 03:31:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You mean some players like them and some don't. Just like people a message board. Now that I believe. You can't please 100% of people 100% of the time.

LMAO, ;D You owe me a beer on that one.. lol  :)

Offline ATHENSHERDFAN

« Reply #140 on: August 11, 2014, 04:32:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Just showed them to two Bucky fans I work with and their honest opinion is they like them. 
    HERD FAN FOREVER!

Online svherd

« Reply #141 on: August 11, 2014, 04:53:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The uni's aren't gonna win the games for us. I don't care what they wear, just win baby!

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline HoPPy785

« Reply #142 on: August 11, 2014, 05:12:45 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Seems legit.

Geez now this thing is turning into a cover-up operation. Have the kids react fake in the video so the fans buy in.

Offline Ovaltine Jenkins

« Reply #143 on: August 11, 2014, 05:33:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • No. 60 needs to let DD get hold of him.

Offline SuperAnjario

« Reply #144 on: August 11, 2014, 05:33:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I've seen some super positive stuff from players (former and current) on Twitter.  This entire thread is BS.  Both sides of the argument.  Acting like little girls.  

HerdFans.com

« Reply #144 on: August 11, 2014, 05:33:50 PM »