Author Topic: Fire Bill Legg on Facebook!  (Read 2689 times)

Offline Herd 90

Re: Fire Bill Legg on Facebook!
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2011, 03:00:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It's not about whether or not someone should lose their job, it is the way this is being done. It's something that I can not take part in.

Exactly.  Call the AD.

I'm not pleased with the entire coaching staff all the way to the top, but using public, social networking is over the top IMO.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2011, 03:00:41 PM »

Offline LetsDoThis

• Varsity
    • Member Since 09/2011
    « Reply #26 on: October 09, 2011, 03:01:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Exactly.  Call the AD.

I'm not pleased with the entire coaching staff all the way to the top, but using public, social networking is over the top IMO.

I agree 100%
    GO HERD!

Offline Huffnagel

« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2011, 03:06:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Exactly.  Call the AD.

This.
    It's Great Being a Thundering Herd Football Fan!!!

Follow Us on Twitter!
    Follow HerdFans on Twitter @HerdFans_

Follow Us on Facebook!
    Follow HerdFans on Facebook @realHerdFans

Offline extragreen

• WaterBoy
    • Heisman
    « Reply #28 on: October 09, 2011, 03:09:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Isn't calling the AD the same thing we did with Snyder for 2 - 3 years? How'd that work for us?
    Your self-determinism and honor are more important than your immediate life.

Offline Huffnagel

« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2011, 03:13:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Isn't calling the AD the same thing we did with Snyder for 2 - 3 years? How'd that work for us?
    Remind me again how long Snyder was the coach after Hamrick was hired?

Follow Us on Twitter!

Follow Us on Facebook!

Offline Herd 90

« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2011, 03:20:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don't think we can afford to give Doc much more time.  Our program just can't withstand more time with a coach that isn't getting it done. 

No more coaches without HC experience.  Our program can't be a learning experience for a coach.  But yet we're on our second HC without HC experience.

I can't stand this, "We Are.....Learn to be a Head Coach U."

Online Scottyo614

« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2011, 03:21:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Can I get Hamricks email?

Offline extragreen

• WaterBoy
    • Heisman
    « Reply #32 on: October 09, 2011, 03:37:14 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Remind me again how long Snyder was the coach after Hamrick was hired?

Remind me again who hired Doc.

With every year that goes by without success, we fall further and further behind. Most of us agreed this past hire was crucial. So far it looks like the wrong hire. I sincerely hope I am wrong about Doc, but my observation is that it was the second stunning failure in a row.

Offline NCBILL53

• Junior Varsity
    « Reply #33 on: October 09, 2011, 03:50:28 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You're only good as your last days work ( performance ) I"m tired of loosing.

Offline Huffnagel

« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2011, 03:50:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Remind me again who hired Doc
    Really, that's your response? I was making the point that Hamrick gave Snyder one year, and that was it. It was Kayo that many might have called, emailed, or spoke with, not Hamrick. Hamrick had Snyder on a short leash from day one.

Whether you like it or not, Doc will get at least until the end of the 2012 season. Now if the current staff stays with him is yet to be determined. It is apparent to everyone that some changes need to be made, and I believe that doc understands that as well.

Follow Us on Twitter!

Follow Us on Facebook!

Offline MUPE84

« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2011, 04:08:45 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • What a disgrace that anyone would stoop to this level. Get a grip, we are talking about a game here.
      +1

Offline Marshall#1

« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2011, 04:18:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I recommend taking the facebook page down and if you want to vent just do it here on the forums. Go Herd!!! Beat Rice!!!!

HerdFans.com

« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2011, 04:18:15 PM »

Offline extragreen

• WaterBoy
    • Heisman
    « Reply #37 on: October 09, 2011, 04:26:19 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Really, that's your response? I was making the point that Hamrick gave Snyder one year, and that was it. It was Kayo that many might have called, emailed, or spoke with, not Hamrick. Hamrick had Snyder on a short leash from day one.

Whether you like it or not, Doc will get at least until the end of the 2012 season. Now if the current staff stays with him is yet to be determined. It is apparent to everyone that some changes need to be made, and I believe that doc understands that as well.

The first thing Hamrick should have done when he got here was send Snyder packing, so he was a year late on that.

I don't think you fire Doc this year. But if it were up to me, next year determines his fate.

Offline Herdfan2005

« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2011, 04:31:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • As my fellow Herd fans have expressed their opinions on the subject, the page will be taken down.  The proof is there that we have a bad OC and I guess we will just take the Snyder approach.  Give Legg some years then have Chuck Landon get him fired. Thank you for your time.

Online svherd

« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2011, 04:49:45 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Even with our anemic offense I would bet my house we will go bowling in 2012 if not this year. Legg is not good right now. Jmo

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Online ThunderDent

« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2011, 05:12:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I dont think any of us would be as on egde as we are right now if it wasnt for this looming "possibly getting left behind" conference realignment stuff. We just know we need to win badly, and quickly in FB to get back in the conversation that we used to be a part of when we were winning all the time. We just picked a really bad time to let ourself go downhill when all this stuff was coming to a head.

Its leftover from Snyder (the feeling that we are sick of losing) & Kayo (put us in the hole facilities wise), but the current admin and coaches take the heat. The conference stuff has a lot to do with it.

The other side of it is the rollercoaster up & down. Big wins, lots of talk, then big letdown. Its hard to regrow the casual fanbase without consistancy. And it pains us die hards to watch it.

On that note, i really dont understand where the offensive sets and plays from the UofL game disappeared to. Thats the best we looked all season, and it went back to run up the gut. i get the weather and better D, i just dont understand why the playbook, which seemed to be opening up a bit, got closed again.

I still thibk these guys have fire left in them, and I still think we make a bowl game. We win out at home and lose to UH (our secondary has no chance there), and possibly Tulsa.

Online herd2win

« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2011, 08:28:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Don't know if the facebook approach is good or bad but it is the way of the times.  Social media is how everyone communicates.  The days of using the phone are virtually nonexistent.  Just like all of the opinions on this board, there is a reason facebook is so huge....it is not the way of the future....it is the way of the now.

Offline GK4Herd

« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2011, 08:47:36 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • http://www.facebook.com/groups/133380326763764/

Here you go people. NOTHING against the guy....pure business plain and simple.

Facebook isn't pure business. It's a social site frequented by kids and aimless adults. Contact the AD and express your concerns if you want to be heard by people who matter. A Facebook lynch mob is a very cowardly way to pursue this agenda.

Online herd2win

« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2011, 08:57:28 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Facebook isn't pure business. It's a social site frequented by kids and aimless adults. Contact the AD and express your concerns if you want to be heard by people who matter. A Facebook lynch mob is a very cowardly way to pursue this agenda.

You do understand that revolutions have already occurred because of facebook?  There have been actual governments overthrown because of facebook.  It is not a cowardly way to do things, it is the way the world communicates currently. 

Offline GK4Herd

« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2011, 09:14:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You do understand that revolutions have already occurred because of facebook?  There have been actual governments overthrown because of facebook.  It is not a cowardly way to do things, it is the way the world communicates currently. 

I guess I can understand why a revolution would need to be waged using Facebook to communicate...in a third world country. However...back here in the civilized world, where fear of imprisonment and death is fairly nonexistent for the expression of opinion...the ideal way to exercise your first amendment right would be to communicate directly with the parties involved. Until you do this, the Facebook revolution that you are orchestrating is nothing more than a middle school smear campaign where you are trying to unseat the reigning homecoming queen. Pick up the phone or send an email directly to his boss. The autonomy of the Internet is a little less stressful I suppose...in the same way that the Vent Line in the Charleston rags are...but if you have enough convictions to stand behind your words, call the company...don't gossip with the clerks.

Offline Huffnagel

« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2011, 09:19:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You do understand that revolutions have already occurred because of facebook?  There have been actual governments overthrown because of facebook.  It is not a cowardly way to do things, it is the way the world communicates currently. 
    Also consider the countries involved.

Follow Us on Twitter!

Follow Us on Facebook!

Online herd2win

« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2011, 09:22:10 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I know the AD and higher and do communicate directly....but you also have to be aware of the use of social media and how it plays a major role in everything that we do.  If you are joining a facebook page to support something that is not hiding behind anything...you listed as a member of that group and your information is attached.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2011, 09:22:10 PM »

Offline GK4Herd

« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2011, 09:39:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I know the AD and higher and do communicate directly....but you also have to be aware of the use of social media and how it plays a major role in everything that we do.  If you are joining a facebook page to support something that is not hiding behind anything...you listed as a member of that group and your information is attached.

Good if you communicate this directly(although I'm not sure I believe you have)...but I guess that wasn't enough. Communicating directly just must not be as fun as joining a public lynching with the crowd holding pitchforks. Outrage shared with a frenzied crowd is just waaayy more fun I suppose.

Online herd2win

« Reply #48 on: October 09, 2011, 09:44:23 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Good if you communicate this directly(although I'm not sure I believe you have)...but I guess that wasn't enough. Communicating directly just must not be as fun as joining a public lynching with the crowd holding pitchforks. Outrage shared with a frenzied crowd is just waaayy more fun I suppose.

GK...for what its worth I am not a member of facebook....I just understand the use of social media today and that it is a completely acceptable way to communicate many things from business to friendships.  I am defending its use because it is the way everything is done today....the founders wouldn't be billionaires and every business would not be a member if it is not an acceptable way to communicate a multitude of items....elections use social media to get their message across, businesses use social media.....it is not the cowardly way that you speak of.

Offline kjh

« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2011, 09:56:42 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Since you all who want Legg replaced are experts, why don't you enter his office and express your feelings to him. Gutless fans like you turn to social media rather than other avenues of expression. C'mon, it was raining cats and dogs. Playing close to the vest was dictated by the weather conditions.  Be supportive or go home experts. You expect a big time program, yet act like a small time loser.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2011, 09:56:42 PM »