Author Topic: NHR: Fox's Friday night schedule highlights absurdity of where college football  (Read 516 times)

HerdFans.com

Offline MUther

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • East Coast people will just tape the game or stay up until 2:30 AM and West Coast fans can watch it live in the evening there.  It's on a weekend, still.  There are going to have to be concessions made to run a conference stretching coast to coast.  Sure it's dumb, but no dumber than the whole concept of spreading out teams that far in the first place.  And the game won't start until all high school games would be over so it protects the Friday night for them.  Go see your kids high school game and then go home and watch the Rutgers game or go out and watch it somewhere on a Friday Night.

Offline chris88

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Not one game on that schedule I have any interest in watching. Seinfeld reruns more appealing to me.
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

The following users thanked this post: svherd, miltonherdfan

Offline MUther

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Not one game on that schedule I have any interest in watching. Seinfeld reruns more appealing to me.

To be fair, Seinfeld reruns trump a lot of other things to watch :)

The following users thanked this post: svherd, chris88, miltonherdfan

Offline herd2win

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Weekend games are the best.  I may be wrong but college football has lost what makes it great.  Regional rivalries and Saturday games.  There will be big ratings for the top 12 teams but the other 120 schools will lose fans.

The following users thanked this post: herdorbust2

Offline MUther

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • There will be big ratings for the top 12 teams but the other 120 schools will lose fans.

We won't.  We are designed to circumvent all that market BS and are a conference of regional rivalries built for the fans.  We should remain steady during the turmoil and then grow as people get bored with trying to form an interest in a Rutgers vs USC game.  And those top 10 teams or so will always be the same and it will get boring for fans of schools in those leagues but outside that bubble.

The following users thanked this post: chris88

Offline herd2win

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We won't.  We are designed to circumvent all that market BS and are a conference of regional rivalries built for the fans.  We should remain steady during the turmoil and then grow as people get bored with trying to form an interest in a Rutgers vs USC game.  And those top 10 teams or so will always be the same and it will get boring for fans of schools in those leagues but outside that bubble.

Agree.  Love the SBC for MU.  A school like WVU will be in no man's land.

Offline Sir Herd

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I really don't care about any of those games at all anyway. If I am not watching the Herd, will be watching my undergrad school (Lenoir-Rhyne) play tbh.

I mean I love football as much as the next person, but that doesn't mean I have to watch 30 hours of it every weekend either haha.

Quite content with how the SBC does things.

Online HerdEcon

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Apparently I'm in the minority.  I like being able to turn on a college football game on any given night of the week.  Not always teams I'm interested in or even good games, but if I have the time and am in the mood for TV then a college football game is better than most other stuff on TV. 

I'm not setting up till the early morning hours to watch anyone play some west coast team. 

HerdFans.com