Author Topic: Charles Huff  (Read 9610 times)

Offline herdfanstuckinohio

Charles Huff
« on: May 22, 2024, 05:18:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I am seeing he was fired.  Is this true?
    The way a team plays as a whole determines its success. You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world, but if they don't play together, the club wont be worth a dime.
    -Babe ruth

HerdFans.com

Charles Huff
    « on: May 22, 2024, 05:18:27 PM »

Offline herdfanstuckinohio

Re: Charles Huff
    « Reply #1 on: May 22, 2024, 05:30:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It was false information
    The way a team plays as a whole determines its success. You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world, but if they don't play together, the club wont be worth a dime.
    -Babe ruth

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2024, 06:02:39 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, Collis P, thelonderee, panthersherd

Offline herd2win

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2024, 06:56:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That would make zero sense unless he did something wrong personally or with a player.  I miss the times pre social media when journalism existed and you had to have sources or get sued for libel.

The following users thanked this post: Johns1124

Offline gochneaur645

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2024, 07:25:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That would make zero sense unless he did something wrong personally or with a player.  I miss the times pre social media when journalism existed and you had to have sources or get sued for libel.

Dan Hollis's Journalism 101 class taught me that speculating about a public figure being fired wouldn't even come close to reaching the threshold for libel.

The following users thanked this post: Herdalum83

Offline W0lfman

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2024, 10:49:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, svherd, Buffalo Bop

Online svherd

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2024, 08:40:00 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • They are about 7 months too early.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, MUfan08, s1uggo, panthersherd, Lord Haw-Haw

Offline THECHAMPISHERE

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2024, 09:13:03 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This all kind of brings up a bigger question. Where does one even go to find truth these days? Any suggestions?

Offline parshall2marshall

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2024, 09:15:31 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • They are about 7 months too early.

As a Huff supporter, I will opine that this is funny stuff, "I don't care who you are" as they used to say.

Yet consider Huff is in roughly his mid-30's and has known considerable career success. I was still saying things thoughtlessly at such an age. Huff's mistakes seem to have been magnified by not meeting the expectations of most at Marshall. Perhaps he can build on his strong points and have greater success as he grows into a HC role. He has the intelligence to make improvements in all facets. Maybe that ship has sailed between Huff and Marshall but winning cures a lot of perceived ills.
    The forever FREE way to Build Sales Funnels and sell Digital Products online. Build free web sites of all kinds without programming. No credit card needed. Limited time.

https://groovepages.groovesell.com/a/gD4OhvmchDoe

Offline Sir Herd

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2024, 09:27:55 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Whilst it is good these reports were fake as I think Huff can turn it around, there also is the other side of the coin that he needs to do so sooner rather than later. A season or two of more mediocre football(Imo) then these 'fake' articles could very much come to fruition if you will.

We'll see how this upcoming season shakes out.

Online svherd

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2024, 09:43:45 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • As a Huff supporter, I will opine that this is funny stuff, "I don't care who you are" as they used to say.

Yet consider Huff is in roughly his mid-30's and has known considerable career success. I was still saying things thoughtlessly at such an age. Huff's mistakes seem to have been magnified by not meeting the expectations of most at Marshall. Perhaps he can build on his strong points and have greater success as he grows into a HC role. He has the intelligence to make improvements in all facets. Maybe that ship has sailed between Huff and Marshall but winning cures a lot of perceived ills.

I don't have an issue with Huff either way. While he has likely improved the culture of the program, the on field performance and overall body of work haven't elevated the program much at all, if any. This fall we enter with many question marks and likely his most difficult schedule to date. If we finish better than 6-6, I'll be shocked. I would love to be dead wrong in that thought though.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline overherd1

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2024, 10:38:31 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It seems like this season is important for many reasons.  How is Huff doing in getting new players here.  Will it result in wins?  Will we compete for a conference championship.  He seems to be working hard to be successful.  But the proof will be on the field.  We have several new coaches and several new players, again.  I for one, sure hope it results in better performance on the field.  Time will tell.

The following users thanked this post: svherd

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2024, 10:38:31 AM »

Offline BigJimslade

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2024, 12:10:39 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Lord Haw-Haw

Offline THECHAMPISHERE

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2024, 12:13:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, MUinDE, miltonherdfan

Offline Big City

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2024, 12:18:08 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Where did this originate from? A parody account on X wanting attention or followers?
    IronMan & Multisport Athlete
    2 x American Triple T Finisher
    Celebrated beer drinker

Offline BigJimslade

« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2024, 12:48:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • As a Huff supporter, I will opine that this is funny stuff, "I don't care who you are" as they used to say.

Perhaps he could win a weak conference championship
    How about that

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

Offline gochneaur645

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2024, 01:13:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Where did this originate from? A parody account on X wanting attention or followers?

Some site called Sidelines Sports Network that appears to be an even dumber Barstool.

The following users thanked this post: Big City

Offline Herdalum83

« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2024, 07:09:36 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Dan Hollis's Journalism 101 class taught me that speculating about a public figure being fired wouldn't even come close to reaching the threshold for libel.

Yep.. New York vs. Sullivan really made it hard for public figures to win a libel suit. Which it should be hard for them. Also Dan Hollis is a legend. Marshall is lucky to have him.

The following users thanked this post: gochneaur645

Offline Herdiowa

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2024, 07:29:17 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

We shall see on Huff.  He wins some big games,  but struggles in conference.  Think if QB was healthy last year they win the conference.  His biggest mistake is hiding information from the fans.  If he would have been more honest with fans last year they fans would have been more forgiving. The old days of recruiting a player for 4-5 yrs is over unfortunately.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, Sir Herd

Offline s1uggo

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2024, 07:59:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Mid 30?s? He?s 41.  The report is just pre mature

The following users thanked this post: Lord Haw-Haw

Offline BigJimslade

« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2024, 01:40:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Mid 30?s? He?s 41.  The report is just pre mature

Mid 30s

Ppppphhhhht

The following users thanked this post: Johnnyherd

Offline Lord Haw-Haw

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2024, 03:05:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I only wish this false report was true. I'm not really certain that if the Herd nose dives again this fall, the leaders (Brad Smith & Christian Spears) will do anything about the problem.
    « Last Edit: May 24, 2024, 03:08:48 PM by Lord Haw-Haw »

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2024, 03:05:59 PM »

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2024, 04:16:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I only wish this false report was true. I'm not really certain that if the Herd nose dives again this fall, the leaders (Brad Smith & Christian Spears) will do anything about the problem.

Better be careful for what you wish for. In today's landscape, Huff is probably as good of a recruiter and involved in the portal as anyone you can get at Marshall. The only big mistake he really made was not getting a better QB in here last year.

Online svherd

« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2024, 05:25:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Better be careful for what you wish for. In today's landscape, Huff is probably as good of a recruiter and involved in the portal as anyone you can get at Marshall. The only big mistake he really made was not getting a better QB in here last year.

Wasn't too good last season. Well what the new OC can do. All on Huff. Hoping for the best

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: ed swain

Offline parshall2marshall

« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2024, 05:30:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Mid 30s

Ppppphhhhht

I stated roughly in his mid-30's. He would have been around 38 when hired. Why are you always nitpicking like some m0r0n with nothing else to do.
    The forever FREE way to Build Sales Funnels and sell Digital Products online. Build free web sites of all kinds without programming. No credit card needed. Limited time.

https://groovepages.groovesell.com/a/gD4OhvmchDoe

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2024, 05:30:44 PM »