Author Topic: Marshall vs WVU Football Poll  (Read 3272 times)

Offline GreenDaddy

Re: Marshall vs WVU Football Poll
« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2024, 01:12:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Even a home and home with say a Cincy or Louisville would be reasonable imo and be some good competition.

I agree, but I believe the days of getting home and homes with P4 schools are over.

The following users thanked this post: miltonherdfan, Lord Haw-Haw

HerdFans.com

« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2024, 01:12:38 PM »

Offline wasbarryb

« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2024, 01:18:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I agree, but I believe the days of getting home and homes with P4 schools are over.

You're right about that, but we're talking about WVU, not real P$ teams.

Offline GreenBison

« Reply #52 on: May 21, 2024, 03:06:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Honestly, I'd much rather play VPI and ECU over those yankees in morganhole.
    The smell of arcrid smoke and horses breath - The Trooper - Steve Harris

The following users thanked this post: svherd

Offline Sir Herd

« Reply #53 on: May 21, 2024, 08:04:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Honestly, I'd much rather play VPI and ECU over those yankees in morganhole.

Yeah that wouldn't be a bad thing. Always a good game against the Pirates(My brother and one of his best friends are alumni) and would make sense to start playing them again. VA Tech does as well(As this season will hopefully show).

I know travel costs being what they are not easy to schedule games to far across the national landscape if you will, but hellfire even say home and home with a good program like Utah State or say Boise State would be cool and be of a good, competitive standard.
    « Last Edit: May 21, 2024, 08:06:36 PM by Sir Herd »

Offline coalherd

« Reply #54 on: May 22, 2024, 01:06:54 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yeah that wouldn't be a bad thing. Always a good game against the Pirates(My brother and one of his best friends are alumni) and would make sense to start playing them again. VA Tech does as well(As this season will hopefully show).

I know travel costs being what they are not easy to schedule games to far across the national landscape if you will, but hellfire even say home and home with a good program like Utah State or say Boise State would be cool and be of a good, competitive standard.

Well, Sir H, you're in luck!! Those Broncos from Boise are slated to be at the JOAN in one of the upcoming seasons!!  Repaying a home and home deal in which the HERD has already been to Idaho!!

Offline CharlestonHerdGuy

« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2024, 02:58:31 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I agree, but I believe the days of getting home and homes with P4 schools are over.

We should try though before doing anything less than one for one with WVU.

Offline Johnnyherd

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Head Coach
    • Member Since 03/2011 Big Green Member 2011
    « Reply #56 on: May 24, 2024, 05:35:10 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We are talking about group of bosters and administrators, that know Marshall sells tickets tremendously better than MAC and FCS schools and they know, THEY could use the money, but we?ll watch them fly over the Joan on their way to Athens, simply out of spite and insecurity.  Deciding against their own and out state?s best interests.

I said it before, being Flippant, Petty, Jealous, and Insecure is no way to go through life, pity.
    « Last Edit: May 24, 2024, 05:49:07 PM by Johnnyherd »

The following users thanked this post: HerdEcon

Offline MUonium

« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2024, 05:56:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • i'm ok with playing them again if we gain from it.  a lot of west virginians i know used to be dual fans unless we played them.  i think the main reasons i recall were (1) a chance to root for a team on the 1A stage as well as the 1AA stage (2) just state pride, in general to counter regional players like ohio st, KY, VT, Penn St, Pitt, etc.

Offline Sir Herd

« Reply #58 on: May 24, 2024, 06:06:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • i'm ok with playing them again if we gain from it.  a lot of west virginians i know used to be dual fans unless we played them.  i think the main reasons i recall were (1) a chance to root for a team on the 1A stage as well as the 1AA stage (2) just state pride, in general to counter regional players like ohio st, KY, VT, Penn St, Pitt, etc.

That's the key, it needs to be beneficial for us no doubt.

FWIW as I have put on here before, I don't care that much either way, I think some more favorable opponents could be found, but at the end of the day, if it happens, it happens.

Quite sure there are a fair number of WVU fans who don't much care one way or the other either overall.

Offline TomorrowHERD

« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2024, 01:40:00 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I like the 1-1-1, but then the basketball series starts back, home and home only..
    Which they will not agree to...  I am OK with that as well... 
    « Last Edit: May 25, 2024, 01:46:27 AM by TomorrowHERD »

"I am for a government that is rigorously frugal and simple. Were we directed from Washington when to sow, when to reap, we should soon want bread."
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
    "I predict future hapiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."-Thomas Jefferson
    http://www.cnmi-guide.com/ipg/islandlife/saipan2/

Offline coalherd

« Reply #60 on: May 25, 2024, 08:47:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Well, no GOOD news on the scheduling front for HERD football.  Just out the Army series has been scrapped.  The Western Michigan home and home series also out; reduced to one game, in Huntington this season but date of game changed to accommodate the Broncos game at Ohio State, apparently.  So now MU needs still ANOTHER OOC game for 2025.  Got the feeling we're about to get a rash of who dat FCS teams, HBCU teams, showing up as HERD foes in the JOAN coming soon.  Still have a game with former CUSA foe, MTSU, as of now, it appears.  Looks like 2025 will be a good time to drop my season TIX for football.  Probably attend a home game or games against better SBC foes, like Appy, JMU, but can't see spending big money for Season passes to watch a couple real "dog", low caliber OOC teams along with another similar team or 2 from the SBC in Huntington year after year.  Spears has had time since he's been "in charge" to make some positive movement when it comes to football scheduling.  Other than a game at Penn State, the number of OOC openings in coming seasons have actually INCREASED instead of going in the other direction.  We've already got or had the Albanys and Stoney Brooks lined up, who's next??  The Hofstras and similar bottom feeders from the Colonial Athletic Association, the Ohio Valley Conference, and the like?  No Thank You!!!
    « Last Edit: May 25, 2024, 08:52:07 PM by coalherd »

Offline herdfan93

« Reply #61 on: May 25, 2024, 09:12:08 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Don't we have Central Conn this year?  Why not try to get a series with Uconn? Now that they're independent I would think they need games to fill their schedule plus Uconn would be a better opponent than Central.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #61 on: May 25, 2024, 09:12:08 PM »