Author Topic: Jacob Conner going to...  (Read 3144 times)

Offline The Right Stuff

Jacob Conner going to...
« on: April 17, 2024, 12:55:22 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • the little Miami.

TRS
    MU 71

The following users thanked this post: miltonherdfan, Lord Haw-Haw

HerdFans.com

Jacob Conner going to...
    « on: April 17, 2024, 12:55:22 PM »

Online mu79grad

Re: Jacob Conner going to...
    « Reply #1 on: April 17, 2024, 12:58:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He should do well there.  I certainly wish him well. 

The following users thanked this post: herdfan93, svherd, Always THE HERD, chris88

Offline marshallmark

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2024, 01:11:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • "Harvard of the MAC"!
    "Tell your friends, I can confirm you held your own against the brothers. :)"

- E-Man

The following users thanked this post: svherd

Online MUfan08

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2024, 01:59:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Figured he would head to an Ohio or MAC school.

Wish him the best unless they are playing Marshall.

Hopefully he has a staff and coach that will let him play the 3 and not try and put him at PG.
    Hopefully his head coach won't throw the bus for poor personnel planning and roster management.

The following users thanked this post: Collis P

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2024, 02:06:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I heard the NIL money for him was $40,000.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, mr_ash_1995

Offline herdfifteen

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2024, 02:16:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    He had a lot of promise when he arrived at Marshall, it was wasted by a coach playing him out of position.

The following users thanked this post: MUfan08, Collis P

Online chris88

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2024, 02:45:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

No offense, but if that is the best they can do with $40k in NIL, than they are in worse shape than we are. Hope it works out well for him.
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall, andy31

Offline whf

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2024, 03:02:13 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • No offense, but if that is the best they can do with $40k in NIL, than they are in worse shape than we are. Hope it works out well for him.
    You are kidding, right?

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

Online HoPPy785

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2024, 03:38:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He had a lot of promise when he arrived at Marshall, it was wasted by a coach playing him out of position.

He lacks the aggression for this level. We may have had him out of position but I don't expect to see him fill up the stat book at Miami either.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, MUfan08, horsrman, MicDrass1

Offline Big City

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2024, 03:45:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • meh
    IronMan & Multisport Athlete
    2 x American Triple T Finisher
    Celebrated beer drinker

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, svherd

Offline Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #10 on: April 17, 2024, 04:04:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Wish him the best but let's be real:

No big deal and not a loss imo

Go Herd!

The following users thanked this post: MicDrass1

Offline Flat Tire 2

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2024, 04:56:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • the little Miami.

TRS
    MU 71

No offense, but do you have a link to the above? I can't find anything about it on Hawktalk; Miami twitter and verbal commits. I don't do social media. Is that where you found the information? Maybe someone that is better at social media can find the post?
    « Last Edit: April 17, 2024, 04:58:50 PM by Flat Tire 2 »

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2024, 04:56:34 PM »

Offline MUther

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2024, 05:11:46 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He lacks the aggression for this level. We may have had him out of position but I don't expect to see him fill up the stat book at Miami either.

I dunno.  When Kinsey played a year out of position he didn't do much at all.  When he got moved back he was player of the year.  It makes big difference.

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2024, 07:44:45 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Wish him the best but let's be real:

No big deal and not a loss imo

Go Herd!

Very minimal production that our coaches should be able to upgrade easily.  If they can?t .... abort the mission.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, miltonherdfan

Online chris88

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2024, 08:29:45 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You are kidding, right?

Assuming he is going there and the 40k is true than no I'm not kidding. Two types of players are scorers in basketball: 1) someone who can create their own shot off dribble or in an up tempo offense on break; and 2) someone with a great outside shot. He has shown neither.  I agree 100% he was playing out of position and being in right position will help him be better and more consistent, but he's never going to be a significant scorer unless he develops a great outside shot. There is no way his NIL would generate $40K for anyone so it should just go down as another bribe. If people want to light their money on fire like that it is up to them. Maybe it's a down payment to get his brother to come to Miami, OH. What would they offer to players with much better credentials than 26 mpg and 6pt/5 rebounds and is a huge liability on defense?  He seems like a great kid and will likely have a more defined role going forward but he's not likely to see the minutes he saw at MU this past year. My opinion.
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

Online miltonherdfan

« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2024, 09:39:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Assuming he is going there and the 40k is true than no I'm not kidding. Two types of players are scorers in basketball: 1) someone who can create their own shot off dribble or in an up tempo offense on break; and 2) someone with a great outside shot. He has shown neither.  I agree 100% he was playing out of position and being in right position will help him be better and more consistent, but he's never going to be a significant scorer unless he develops a great outside shot. There is no way his NIL would generate $40K for anyone so it should just go down as another bribe. If people want to light their money on fire like that it is up to them. Maybe it's a down payment to get his brother to come to Miami, OH. What would they offer to players with much better credentials than 26 mpg and 6pt/5 rebounds and is a huge liability on defense?  He seems like a great kid and will likely have a more defined role going forward but he's not likely to see the minutes he saw at MU this past year. My opinion.

after reading this, i misunderstood what you meant with your previous post, maybe whf did as well?  i agree with what you're saying here.  if all this info is true regarding $40K for JC, consider this exhibit A of why i'd never give to NIL.  what an absolute, complete waste of $!

The following users thanked this post: chris88

Online GoHerd35

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2024, 09:48:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: miltonherdfan, Herd2believe

Offline Nicks Pizza

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Rookie
    • In this world there are no sides
    « Reply #17 on: April 18, 2024, 02:03:11 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He lacks the aggression for this level. We may have had him out of position but I don't expect to see him fill up the stat book at Miami either.

Admittedly, I don't follow the stats closely - but how many players that we've lost to transfer have gone on to put up numbers that make you say "damn, I wish he had stayed because those numbers would have really pushed us to the next level"? Are there any? I ask this genuinely because I'm not sure.

Offline Collis P

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2024, 07:26:33 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He is close to his home...  Good luck Jacob hopefully playing another position!!
    S M I L E -

The following users thanked this post: chris88, wlf

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2024, 07:33:15 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Well that's two of our non D1 players to D1 schools for our resident talent scouts here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

The following users thanked this post: Thundering In MD, Lord Haw-Haw

Online chris88

« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2024, 07:48:09 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Well that's two of our non D1 players to D1 schools for our resident talent scouts here

True and both are D1 in my mind but JC a role player not a 25-30 minute guy he was here and the other guy was never given a real chance. My opinion.

Side note: I did not realize Miami hasn't had a non-Covid winning season since 2008-09

The following users thanked this post: HoPPy785

Online herd2win

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2024, 07:49:07 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Then that is an even bigger indictment of coaching.  The players were not out in a position to succeed.

The following users thanked this post: chris88, miltonherdfan, Lord Haw-Haw

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2024, 07:49:07 AM »

Online miltonherdfan

« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2024, 09:21:36 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Then that is an even bigger indictment of coaching.  The players were not out in a position to succeed.

that's exactly what i was thinking when i read that.  IF they are a legit DI player but they're looking like DII in our scheme...

Offline SuperAnjario

« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2024, 09:41:41 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • There are about 14 people on earth who care about this news.

Offline MUther

« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2024, 10:49:30 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • There are about 14 people on earth who care about this news.

I admit I was morbidly curious to see where they end up considering where most thought they were.  But yeah, beyond that IDGAF.  But what else is there to talk about?  We have zero news on our own front about basketball prospects.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2024, 10:49:30 AM »