Author Topic: Division 2 Portal  (Read 956 times)

Online Flat Tire 2

Division 2 Portal
« on: April 17, 2024, 09:32:09 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Does anyone have a link to D2 MB portal list? I am just curious as to the players that might be possible targets for Marshall. bearmann64 seems to know where some of the D2 portal players Marshall offered committed to other schools. I am curious about KJ McClurg's status since he was a D2 All American.

HerdFans.com

Division 2 Portal
    « on: April 17, 2024, 09:32:09 AM »

Online svherd

Re: Division 2 Portal
    « Reply #1 on: April 17, 2024, 10:32:34 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We still have time, but the lack of news on signing kids is a little concerning. Was Corny the right man for the job? Let's hope.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: miltonherdfan, MUonium

Online muherd34

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2024, 10:36:43 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We still have time, but the lack of news on signing kids is a little concerning. Was Corny the right man for the job? Let's hope.

That?s what I?m wondering.  I asked people why he was a good hire and I just kept being told he can recruit athletes. We shall see and I hope so!  But so far it has been more of the same. 

The following users thanked this post: svherd, miltonherdfan

Offline bearmann64

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2024, 10:38:51 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Website "Verbal Commit" has info on D1 and D2

I have heard that NIL $$  might be an issue , or the lack thereof.

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2024, 10:42:09 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Way to early to be concerned.

The following users thanked this post: horsrman

Offline MUonium

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2024, 11:42:23 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • i'd be interested to hear when fans should start to become concerned.  imho every day that goes by 2 or 3 weeks after the NCAA tourney ends should be worrisome to some degree.  we have at least five to give, right?  time to at least see one or two of that five?

it's difficult to watch teams from lesser-budget schools and from conferences that were ranked below the SBC sign players in which MU had an interest in or offered a scholarship.  granted, there probably is some strategy in the info you choose to release and the info you choose not to release (and when). 

The following users thanked this post: miltonherdfan

Online Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #6 on: April 17, 2024, 12:44:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Website "Verbal Commit" has info on D1 and D2

I have heard that NIL $$  might be an issue , or the lack thereof.

Yep

The "DD effect" of not adapting to changing circumstances.

😬

Online svherd

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2024, 12:51:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If NIL is the issue, you would think Corny and staff would make a pitch to the Tipoff club to help and to other donors who have season tix about possibly throwing in an extra dollar or two. Our school is in a tough spot. Not a lot of wealthy donors, and not many who can give piles of cash to multiple programs. I hope the NIL meeting held a few weeks ago garnered a few more business supporters.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2024, 12:52:10 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • i'd be interested to hear when fans should start to become concerned.  imho every day that goes by 2 or 3 weeks after the NCAA tourney ends should be worrisome to some degree.  we have at least five to give, right?  time to at least see one or two of that five?

it's difficult to watch teams from lesser-budget schools and from conferences that were ranked below the SBC sign players in which MU had an interest in or offered a scholarship.  granted, there probably is some strategy in the info you choose to release and the info you choose not to release (and when).

If we haven't got any commits by May 1st then I will start getting a little concerned. But it's still very early at this time. You could hear of 2-3 in the next week and this whole concerned thing goes out the window. There are still tons of players out there.

The following users thanked this post: herdfan129

Online miltonherdfan

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2024, 01:56:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • isn't TODAY spring signing day?

The following users thanked this post: herdorbust2

Online MUfan08

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2024, 02:16:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yeah there are currently close to 2,700 players in the portal from both D1 and D2.
    That number does not even include JUCO/CC players or prep/high school players that are still available.

Couldn't imagine trying to go through all the players available.

Still, should be a lot of good players for the staff to focus and get on.

The following users thanked this post: herdfan129, herdorbust2

Online miltonherdfan

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2024, 09:40:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

so, did we sign anybody?

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2024, 09:40:12 PM »

Online GoHerd35

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2024, 09:52:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Today was the first day we could have signed players for the 2025 class. No, we did not sign anyone.

The following users thanked this post: miltonherdfan

Offline Scottyo614

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2024, 04:03:42 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This is terrible business. We should be moving the NIL money to basketball not football. You can easily build a basketball team for way less. Further, you can make significant revenue off the tournament. Then run that money into football to build that after. Then build everything from there.

The following users thanked this post: herdorbust2

Offline bearmann64

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2024, 08:03:11 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Have been unable to sign anyone, no NIL money my understanding Dan did not believe in it, or the portal. Imo left the program in horrible in horrible shape for Corny to clean up. How do you proclaim how much you love the school, the program and community but to stubborn, hard-headed at set in his ways to conform to the current times. Probably take a few yrs to fix.

The following users thanked this post: Flat Tire 2, herdorbust2

Offline VA Herd Fan

« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2024, 08:50:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Have been unable to sign anyone, no NIL money my understanding Dan did not believe in it, or the portal. Imo left the program in horrible in horrible shape for Corny to clean up. How do you proclaim how much you love the school, the program and community but to stubborn, hard-headed at set in his ways to conform to the current times. Probably take a few yrs to fix.
    I agree it may take a while but Corny only has 3 years. If he doesn't, we aren't any better off IMO.
    Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions.  Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.  Mark Twain

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2024, 09:04:45 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Lots of these transfers are waiting trying to get big offers. Once they see that may not happen then the midmajors like Marshall will be waiting. I'm glad Corny isn't just throwing out the scholarships to anyone. Remember we got Voyles really late. He will sign some good ones. Tons and tons out there from D2, Juco and D1.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, Always THE HERD

Online Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #17 on: April 18, 2024, 09:34:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Yep 😬

Online MUfan08

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2024, 09:30:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yeah there are currently close to 2,700 players in the portal from both D1 and D2.
    That number does not even include JUCO/CC players or prep/high school players that are still available.

Couldn't imagine trying to go through all the players available.

Still, should be a lot of good players for the staff to focus and get on.

https://x.com/TP4PT/status/1781145119871193093

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

HerdFans.com

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2024, 09:30:49 PM »