Author Topic: Thoughts of Fancher in the Transfer Portal  (Read 2516 times)

Offline herd1990

Thoughts of Fancher in the Transfer Portal
« on: December 06, 2023, 12:11:54 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I know I will get a lot of heat for this but oh well.  I liked Cam.  Thought, when healthy, he showed flashes of being really good.  His athleticism and speed were definitely top tier.  His downfield passing was his biggest area of weakness but he still had 2 more seasons to grow.  Say what you want but we are a worse team with him leaving.  And I believe from what I saw, the kid was a fighter, great teammate and gave everything he had.  I'd say if we don't get immediate help through the portal with a proven, experienced D1 transfer, we are in big trouble this year.  I didn't see enough out of Cole to feel good about him next season.  If his name was Cole Fancher, most of the fans would have called for his head after his first appearance.

Here is the part I dislike the most.  Cassidy Wood reported speaking to Coach Fluff today and this was his response to Cam leaving:  "There isn't a lot of money for NIL and the fans HATE him.  The kid has been miserable".  All this for a kid who did everything he could (whether good or bad), suffered concussions and other injuries and that is how he felt about leading our team.  Sad.

The following users thanked this post: W0lfman, Stripeshrt, biggreenarms, ru4mu2, Collis P, herdorbust2, BigJimslade

HerdFans.com

Thoughts of Fancher in the Transfer Portal
    « on: December 06, 2023, 12:11:54 PM »

Offline goherd24

Re: Thoughts of Fancher in the Transfer Portal
    « Reply #1 on: December 06, 2023, 12:13:11 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Thank God.

Offline svherd

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2023, 12:15:46 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I know I will get a lot of heat for this but oh well.  I liked Cam.  Thought, when healthy, he showed flashes of being really good.  His athleticism and speed were definitely top tier.  His downfield passing was his biggest area of weakness but he still had 2 more seasons to grow.  Say what you want but we are a worse team with him leaving.  And I believe from what I saw, the kid was a fighter, great teammate and gave everything he had.  I'd say if we don't get immediate help through the portal with a proven, experienced D1 transfer, we are in big trouble this year.  I didn't see enough out of Cole to feel good about him next season.  If his name was Cole Fancher, most of the fans would have called for his head after his first appearance.

Here is the part I dislike the most.  Cassidy Wood reported speaking to Coach Fluff today and this was his response to Cam leaving:  "There isn't a lot of money for NIL and the fans HATE him.  The kid has been miserable".  All this for a kid who did everything he could (whether good or bad), suffered concussions and other injuries and that is how he felt about leading our team.  Sad.

Huff actually said the fans hate Cam? That's pretty bad. Even if that was true for the entire fans base, and it's not; why would he say that? Huff isn't winning any PR awards.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall, HerdEcon, miltonherdfan, s1uggo

Offline Always THE HERD

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2023, 12:17:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Are you positive that Coach Huff said "the fans HATE him"?

Offline herd2win

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2023, 12:19:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If Huff said that, he is just dumb.  Is he trying to get fired?

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, HerdEcon

Online MUfan08

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2023, 12:21:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

Offline muherd34

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2023, 12:23:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Well I will say this.  If a qb goes to any school that cares about their qbs as much as MU they will without a doubt catch alot of flak for their play if that's the numbers they put up.  It's not all Cams fault, he probably wasn't given all the tools to succeed here, whether it's God given talent or training.  He was given 2 years to run a team and looked pretty good sometimes and pretty bad most of the time. One thing I have noticed in life, is that when people fail its always someone else's fault. 

Offline MUinDE

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2023, 12:23:18 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I can?t believe Huff said that! What garbage for any head coach to say!

I agree with the poster above: even if it was true, the head coach shouldn?t be saying crap like that!!!

This is not the first time Huff has said stuff that puts Marshall in a bad light. On multiple occasions, he has bashed the lack of NIL money. While this is true, there?s no need to throw that out there in the media. It doesn?t do any good to do that! In addition, Huff has often talked about the shortcomings of either the fans, administration, players, whatever. As a head coach, you don?t give your team excuses not to excel! It seems he?s always baking in excuses.

I?m done with Huff!
    « Last Edit: December 06, 2023, 02:41:49 PM by MUinDE »

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall, herd33, miltonherdfan, Herdalum94

Offline puma

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2023, 12:28:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Judging by quite a few of the posts here and on Facebook, I'm not surprised that Cam feels like fans hated him. A lot of people clearly do hate him on a personal level. And not just game threads where things are known to get a little heated.

I still can't believe this site allowed the post with the title calling him trash to stay up as long as it did. It made this site and the whole fan base look bad.

The following users thanked this post: Stripeshrt, herd1990, Collis P, Flat Tire 2

Offline BigJimslade

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2023, 12:35:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

If true , Huff should not have said that. It?s a negative.
    I agree with your take on Fancher

The following users thanked this post: herd1990

Offline goherd24

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2023, 12:38:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Let me rephrase and add.

No one hates Fancher. We hate the coach that put a kid incapable of playing at the level we want to see our QB execute at. Fancher is by wpl accounts a good kid and played his heart out. He is not a D1, FBS, QB. He just isn't. People thinking when he was "healthy" line that Huff tried to sell, he was healthy when our offense still sucked and we won early in the year. He was healthy in the same game where he played the game of his life in the first half and went back to normal in the 2nd half, and we sucked. He showed a flash here and there, but it was 5% flash and 95% below average QB.

And Huff can not say things like he did and if you read that and still think he wasn't playing favorites just a little bit at least, then I don't know what to say. He had made up for and found excuses for Fancher for 2 years. Cole gets sacked by 3 guys as soon as the ball is snapped and fumbles and throws a pick through a receivers hands and Huff is all over him in the press conference. Fancher does it, then our Oline and receivers need to play better. Lol

In any case, i hope he finds an FCS that suits him and he finishes his education. I am super happy it's now Cole's ship, with a couple weeks of practice knowing you're the dude, and let's see what he can do and what he has learned.
    « Last Edit: December 06, 2023, 12:40:23 PM by goherd24 »

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall, miltonherdfan

Offline bbcard1

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #11 on: December 06, 2023, 12:40:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I still can't believe this site allowed the post with the title calling him trash to stay up as long as it did. It made this site and the whole fan base look bad.

As a rule, a lot of our fan base is pretty bad. I think Coach Huff could have played it differently all along the line with Fancher, but mostly I hate that the young man had a bad experience at the university. The timing of him entering the portal is just what we deserve. Honestly, I think our football program is in danger of dying an I think the "fans" are doing as much as anyone to kill it.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2023, 12:40:52 PM »

Offline MUsince96

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2023, 12:45:46 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Huff talks like a coach trying to recruit against us.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, HerdEcon, herdly4, GreenDaddy

Offline thelonderee

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2023, 12:47:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You do anything in life, some people will be critical. I don't believe anyone should be criticizing college athletes for their performance on the field. Point out obvious things that should be worked on, ok. Name calling and tearing down college athletes should never happen. And yet, there are some very immature and selfish people in the world. It comes out more now with social media. Not excusing it, just reality.

My main issue here is Huff's statement and his alienation of the fan base. He can communicate that he believes Fancher has been mistreated by SOME fans in a way that helps the situation rather than makes it worse. He chose not to do that. And that's a major problem.

I can tell you that without a sincere apology, this fan no longer wants Huff to be our coach. He is hurting my alma mater and my community and it's time for him to find his next stop.
    « Last Edit: December 06, 2023, 12:49:23 PM by thelonderee »

The following users thanked this post: W0lfman, Garbanjo, MUfan08, herd33, MUinDE, herdly4, miltonherdfan, Herdalum94

Offline MarshallSteve

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2023, 12:53:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Judging by quite a few of the posts here and on Facebook, I'm not surprised that Cam feels like fans hated him. A lot of people clearly do hate him on a personal level. And not just game threads where things are known to get a little heated.

I still can't believe this site allowed the post with the title calling him trash to stay up as long as it did. It made this site and the whole fan base look bad.
    Yeah, I just never understood all the hate and vigor toward Cam by some people on this board and others. He's not perfect. Nobody is. I feel for the kid and his family to have to read garbage like that.

I'm sure all those arm chair QB's (and you know who you are) are now happy that he is gone. Be careful what you wish for. Things could be worse. Much worse.

IMO...he's a talented kid with a lot of good qualities. I think a lot of people that bashed on him are fans of other schools (Not true Marshall fans) or people that simply doesn't know or understand the game (arm chair qb's that think they know it all)

Sent from my SM-A546U using Tapatalk

The following users thanked this post: W0lfman, 2xBison, Big City, HerdMan84

Offline bbcard1

• Assistant Coach
    « Reply #15 on: December 06, 2023, 12:55:14 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This fan no longer wants Huff to be our coach.

Doubt you have to worry about that. I will be surprised if we keep him until the bowl game.

Offline BuckHerd

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2023, 01:04:17 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Doubt you have to worry about that. I will be surprised if we keep him until the bowl game.
    You may be right. I was thinking he'll leave AFTER the bowl game. I'm still thinking that Spears knows or suspects he has another job lined up. Why for him now and pay $750k when you could use that for a new HC. It's all gamesmanship.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2023, 01:10:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Let me rephrase and add.

No one hates Fancher. We hate the coach that put a kid incapable of playing at the level we want to see our QB execute at. Fancher is by wpl accounts a good kid and played his heart out. He is not a D1, FBS, QB. He just isn't. People thinking when he was "healthy" line that Huff tried to sell, he was healthy when our offense still sucked and we won early in the year. He was healthy in the same game where he played the game of his life in the first half and went back to normal in the 2nd half, and we sucked. He showed a flash here and there, but it was 5% flash and 95% below average QB.

And Huff can not say things like he did and if you read that and still think he wasn't playing favorites just a little bit at least, then I don't know what to say. He had made up for and found excuses for Fancher for 2 years. Cole gets sacked by 3 guys as soon as the ball is snapped and fumbles and throws a pick through a receivers hands and Huff is all over him in the press conference. Fancher does it, then our Oline and receivers need to play better. Lol

In any case, i hope he finds an FCS that suits him and he finishes his education. I am super happy it's now Cole's ship, with a couple weeks of practice knowing you're the dude, and let's see what he can do and what he has learned.

he's gone now you can stop blathering on about him.  not really interested in your talent evaluation either.
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

The following users thanked this post: W0lfman, MUfan08, Big City, biggreenarms, ru4mu2, Flat Tire 2, andy31

Offline puma

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2023, 01:13:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You may be right. I was thinking he'll leave AFTER the bowl game. I'm still thinking that Spears knows or suspects he has another job lined up. Why for him now and pay $750k when you could use that for a new HC. It's all gamesmanship.

Wouldn't a new HC want to pick his own OC though?

Offline andy31

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2023, 01:21:36 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I liked him.  He seemed like a good kid.  He showed potential and I think with a better OC and a better supporting cast things would have looked different for him here.  I do think many in the fan base were unnecessarily awful towards him. 

The following users thanked this post: ABSHERD

Offline GreenDaddy

« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2023, 01:21:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Huff talks like a coach trying to recruit against us.

He really does despise us doesn't he? LoL.

Offline MUsince96

« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2023, 01:22:18 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Wouldn't a new HC want to pick his own OC though?

He would. I'd imagine Huff would take Doege with him.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2023, 01:22:18 PM »

Offline NewfieHerdFan

« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2023, 01:26:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Wow. Crazy Huff said that. Makes me think there's a good bit of tension/animosity between he and Spears.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall

Online Garbanjo

• Assistant Coach
    « Reply #23 on: December 06, 2023, 01:33:46 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He would. I'd imagine Huff would take Doege with him.

To where?

Hampton?

Lmao

The following users thanked this post: BigJimslade

Online Garbanjo

• Assistant Coach
    « Reply #24 on: December 06, 2023, 01:35:17 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0