Author Topic: #1 priority IMO  (Read 1855 times)

Offline GCPCOLLINS7

Re: #1 priority IMO
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2018, 01:41:19 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Man...I feel like we just took a time machine back to when DD was hired. 

I guess not, this guy is really going to throw this out there after the continued upward direction of the program and last years final 32.

you go cowboy!!

I was simply responding to the decades of experience comment. I'm on board with what DD is doing and where the program is headed. But for someone to bash somebody's opinion on a player and your comeback is he has decades more experience than you is a unrealistic comparison. We should respect peoples opinions and create the conversation, not belittle someone.

So stay in ya lane cowgirl!

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2018, 01:41:19 PM »

Offline Herd2believe

« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2018, 02:20:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I hope you are right. Just very cynical of cartel.

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2018, 03:27:18 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I was simply responding to the decades of experience comment. I'm on board with what DD is doing and where the program is headed. But for someone to bash somebody's opinion on a player and your comeback is he has decades more experience than you is a unrealistic comparison. We should respect peoples opinions and create the conversation, not belittle someone.

So stay in ya lane cowgirl!

Please slow down and read slowly.  It will help you with your response.  I didn't bash anyone's opinion on a player.  I simply responded to your comments about experience developing HS players vs D1.  We heard that song before when he was hired, I was just surprised to hear someone sing it again in year 5 after the upward trend and last year's high point.

giddy up
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

Offline GCPCOLLINS7

« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2018, 04:44:42 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Please slow down and read slowly.  It will help you with your response.  I didn't bash anyone's opinion on a player.  I simply responded to your comments about experience developing HS players vs D1.  We heard that song before when he was hired, I was just surprised to hear someone sing it again in year 5 after the upward trend and last year's high point.

giddy up
    I was referring to Ty, not you. His response to ole buddy was your NOT the coach and I’m tired of you saying this and that. He holds DDs jock strap to such high standards, nobody else is allowed to have an opinion. I agree, def an upward trend, but we shouldn’t settle for mediocre play either JUST because we went to the tourney last year. Anybody with two eyes can see that DD likes to try and surprise people with a great recruit that doesn’t pan out. Specifically with big men. He has failed at all of them and has NOT developed any except Adjin. The rest sucked so bad they never played and left for D2 schools. Watching Bennett play and knowing he hasn’t been here two years a now and able to practice and all that should be well ahead of where he is right now. It’s not like he is fresh out of high school. He was in Prep school and two years college. Where is his development at? Was he just that bad coming in and he still sucks right now. I work in college athletics and watch our practice everyday and understand how much time these kids put in, but don’t hype them up so much because DD told you he will be this good eventually. If we spend 4 years developing players, we will never have consistency in our program. If it takes 3 years for you to even contribute it’s a waste. Jannson is a good example of what developing and using a RS year does. He works, improves and contributes and everyone can see it. Bennett redshirted after prep school and still doesn’t help us at all.

The following users thanked this post: Always THE HERD

Offline JReese

« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2018, 05:23:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Jannson is a good example of what developing and using a RS year does. He works, improves and contributes and everyone can see it. Bennett redshirted after prep school and still doesn’t help us at all.

Thanks for your kind words about Jannson. If I'm not mistaken, Bennett didn't redshirt. He was a non-qualifier and could not take the court with the team. I could be wrong.
    All I have ever truly wanted to be was a great dad.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, horsrman, Herd2believe

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2018, 05:57:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Actually bennett was able to practice the second semester last year from an appeal by marshall. The guy is 10 games into his college career and just got to practice half the year last year. The guy is 10 times ahead of adjin as a freshman. Adjin gave us nothing his freshman year and not much his soph year until second half of season. Bennett is already showing growth with 11 and 9 points along with a defensive presence in the last few games. If he keeps improving and working on weight, he is going to be a real force for his last 3 years.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall, wasbarryb, horsrman, herdfan129

Offline pembrook burrows III

« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2018, 06:30:22 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • James Kelly wasn't too bad. Danny took him from the doghouse at Miami to First Team All-CUSA in one year.

And I'll take Bennett after his first 10 games (5.4 ppg, 3.0 rpg) compared to Williams after his first 10 games last year (3.8 ppg, 1.9 ppg), and that is with less time spent practicing with the team than Jannson had. If Bennett improves over the course of the season like Jannson did last year, that would be a real plus for the program. For you to say that Bennett "sucks" tells us more about you than it does about him.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, horsrman, MidlandKnight, herdfan129

Offline Kwherd

« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2018, 09:21:18 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • Willing to eat my helping of crow if it is earned but I believe a large order will be in store for IB disciples and I will be the server rather than the eater.

By the way, the standard is being a D-1 player by 3/4 point of year not 4 years out.

Offline MicDrass1

« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2018, 09:41:03 PM »
  • [Like]-1
  • [Dislike]2
  • Bennett will be in the NFL playing for the Seattle Seahawks

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2018, 09:46:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Willing to eat my helping of crow if it is earned but I believe a large order will be in store for IB disciples and I will be the server rather than the eater.

By the way, the standard is being a D-1 player by 3/4 point of year not 4 years out.

Lol what a tool!!!!

The following users thanked this post: 2xBison, parshall2marshall, horsrman

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2018, 08:39:05 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Have you not heard DD say we need to have players here 4-5 years to be a good program?
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

The following users thanked this post: Herdmeister

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2018, 09:12:00 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Have you not heard DD say we need to have players here 4-5 years to be a good program?

For Danny, it's all about a program, not 1 year! When he leaves, he wants to know that the program is on solid ground. He wants to be able to come to games and have an enjoyable experience watching exciting, good Herd hoops!
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

The following users thanked this post: herdfan129

HerdFans.com

« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2018, 09:12:00 AM »

Offline Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #37 on: December 13, 2018, 11:51:33 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • For Danny, it's all about a program, not 1 year! When he leaves, he wants to know that the program is on solid ground. He wants to be able to come to games and have an enjoyable experience watching exciting, good Herd hoops!

I think it's great and the way we should be going. The big question is will Corny have learned enough from DD to carry on in a way that continues our upward rise in BBall

Go Herd!

The following users thanked this post: Herdmeister, HoPPy785

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2018, 12:53:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think it's great and the way we should be going. The big question is will Corny have learned enough from DD to carry on in a way that continues our upward rise in BBall

Go Herd!

I surely hope so
                   ----Lou Gehrig

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, HoPPy785

Offline whf

« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2018, 12:58:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • IMHO, Marshall should be focused on John Brannen, who is averaging as many points as Marshall, getting tourney experience, finding great recruits in the weeds, and building a program at the D1 level with expedience.

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2018, 01:07:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I love that DD is building an actual program. I honestly think we will be fine next year. We might be different but I think we will still have a good team and could possibly have a great team.

For now I am going to enjoy this year and I think we are going to be really good by end of the year. Hopefully we start clicking sooner, and I think we have gotten much better last game and a half. I would love to win the regular season conference to guarantee an NIT bid before we even get to conference tournament.

I hope we can continue to improve over the next few games leading up to conference play.
    The right way is always the right way- Coach Huff

2020 National Soccer Champs!

The following users thanked this post: Herdmeister, horsrman, goherd14562

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2018, 01:08:26 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • IMHO, Marshall should be focused on John Brannen, who is averaging as many points as Marshall, getting tourney experience, finding great recruits in the weeds, and building a program at the D1 level with expedience.

If Danny or Dr Gilbert have anything to do with it at the time Danny steps down, Corny will be the coach.
    If we went outside I would look more closely at AW than Brannen. He has tons of contacts and he is doing a great job in his first year at EKU (he beat Brannen and NKU last week). Of course having the greatest player in EKU history hasn't hurt either.  lol
                   ----Lou Gehrig

The following users thanked this post: horsrman, herdfan129

Offline Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #42 on: December 13, 2018, 01:50:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I surely hope so

We don't want a Calipari to Bruiser Flint transition, so let's hope he is soaking in the system like a sponge and then Corny puts his own signature on it

Go Herd!

The following users thanked this post: horsrman, herdfan129

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2018, 03:19:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

I think AW may be even better. I think he just beat brannen and AW is in his first year.

Offline pembrook burrows III

« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2018, 05:25:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'll take Mike D. His contract expires after the 2019-2020 season.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, Always THE HERD, MicDrass1, herdfan129

Offline MicDrass1

« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2018, 05:25:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• I think AW may be even better. I think he just beat brannen and AW is in his first year.

Hamilton has been HC in an elite Hs program.  College coaching isn't any harder.  Good hs coaches easily can make the transition to college coaching.  Too easy coach too easy   

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2018, 07:35:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • NKU basketball also has much better facilities and priority than EKU basketball.
    The right way is always the right way- Coach Huff

2020 National Soccer Champs!

HerdFans.com

« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2018, 07:35:52 PM »