Author Topic: Women's Basketball: Any Updates With Coach Juli's Program?  (Read 1857 times)

Offline Daherdboy

Women's Basketball: Any Updates With Coach Juli's Program?
« on: April 19, 2024, 09:11:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm wondering how the progress of building Coach Fulks' staff is coming along?

Also, how is the recruiting of new players going?

I know it's early, but being a big fan and backer, I'm hoping for the best and am waiting for the additions for Women's Basketball.
    « Last Edit: April 24, 2024, 10:21:19 AM by Daherdboy »
    Retired 10 years early to follow Herd sports.
    Those 10 years have been marvelous.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, usedcars1

HerdFans.com

Women's Basketball: Any Updates With Coach Juli's Program?
    « on: April 19, 2024, 09:11:33 PM »

Offline Herd Shadow

Re: Women's Basketball: Any Updates With Coach Juli's Program?
    « Reply #1 on: April 23, 2024, 04:30:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Heard a rumor that Coach Juli has chosen her assistant coaches and are waiting for the paperwork to
    finalize before announcing the staff.

Also heard she is out on the recruiting road looking for those diamonds.

Good luck and good hunting.  Look for those "bigs."
    « Last Edit: April 24, 2024, 10:23:00 AM by Herd Shadow »
    Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
    The Shadow knows!

Offline chris88

Re: Women's Basketball: Any Updates With Coach Judi's Program?
    « Reply #2 on: April 23, 2024, 08:07:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Her name is Juli I believe. I made a similar mistake with sb coach by calling her Merkle of something like that:) 

She said during her opening presser that the staff was coming together.   There is still very little movement in the portal as most of the players are still uncommitted (about 6 of 7). UT has had a player join the portal, a UK player signed with Pitt, and two Appy players signed at Wright State. Other than that not much happening. Of the 147 who have found new homes only about 40 average 10 pts or over.
    « Last Edit: April 24, 2024, 12:50:20 PM by chris88 »
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

Offline MUther

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2024, 11:35:39 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Her name is Juli I believe. I made a similar mistake with sb coach by calling her Merkle of something like that:) 

She said during her opening presser that the staff was coming together.   There is still very little movement in the portal as most of the players are still uncommitted (about 6 of 7). UT has had a player join the portal, a UK player signed with Pitt, and two Appy players signed at Wright State. Other than that not much happening.

I believe it was Megan Zerkle, the softball coach, you contracted into Merkle :D

The following users thanked this post: chris88

Offline MUonium

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2024, 07:31:09 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I believe it was Megan Zerkle, the softball coach, you contracted into Merkle :D

it's Morgan.  you contracted (whatever that means :D) into Megan

The following users thanked this post: chris88, miltonherdfan, MUther

Offline chris88

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2024, 01:57:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 360 players reportedly committed as of now but I suspect many others are committed but the school will wait and announce the entire class at one time (FR, transfers etc).  I think spring signing period runs through May 15.
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

Offline MUfan08

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2024, 07:04:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • https://x.com/BConnellysports/status/1784982359764345001

Apparently had an offer from canisius as well.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, herdfan93, parshall2marshall, svherd, chris88

Offline MUfan08

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2024, 07:07:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • « Last Edit: April 30, 2024, 08:25:48 PM by MUfan08 »

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, chris88

Offline MUfan08

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2024, 08:53:26 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • https://x.com/HerdZone/status/1785466714777383342

Marshall Women's Basketball Coach Juli Fulks announced the finalized coaching staff for her first season at the helm of the Thundering Herd on Tuesday.

Fulks' additions for the 2024-25 staff includes assistant coaches Stephanie Gehlhausen, Sacha Santimano and Mykasa Robinson.

Can click on the link to read the profiles.
    « Last Edit: April 30, 2024, 09:17:23 PM by MUfan08 »

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, svherd, chris88

Offline herdman22

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2024, 09:11:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Looks like an impressive staff. I think this was a great hire for the Herd. Excited for the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, chris88

Offline coalherd

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2024, 10:27:28 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Now let's start rounding up some PLAYERS for BOTH of our Basketball Programs!!!!!!!!!

The following users thanked this post: Flat Tire 2

Offline goherd73

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, chris88

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2024, 10:35:24 PM »

Offline MUonium

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2024, 11:14:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Ingram looks like a solid HS guard.  saw a listing as a shooting guard but looks like she's every bit a point guard too.  no hesitation getting up and down the floor.  natural shot/threes, high % free throw shooter.  good size at 5-10/11.  busy player who gets steals, rebounds and putbacks.  overall, i think she's a good pick.

team is short on FR so i wouldn't be surprised to see HS heavy recruiting but i have no clue if that really matters or if it'll really happen.  hope to get another busy guard or two like Beeman, but we also need an athletic/skilled big, 6-3, 6-4 or taller if possible.

Offline svherd

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2024, 08:25:10 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Marshall Women's Basketball Coach Juli Fulks announced the finalized coaching staff for her first season at the helm of the Thundering Herd on Tuesday.

Fulks' additions for the 2024-25 staff includes assistant coaches Stephanie Gehlhausen, Sacha Santimano and Mykasa Robinson.

Obviously, defense will be the priority. Hope they can continue the success from last season. Year one may be an adjustment period.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline chris88

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2024, 08:50:14 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Ingram looks like a solid HS guard.  saw a listing as a shooting guard but looks like she's every bit a point guard too.  no hesitation getting up and down the floor.  natural shot/threes, high % free throw shooter.  good size at 5-10/11.  busy player who gets steals, rebounds and putbacks.  overall, i think she's a good pick.

team is short on FR so i wouldn't be surprised to see HS heavy recruiting but i have no clue if that really matters or if it'll really happen.  hope to get another busy guard or two like Beeman, but we also need an athletic/skilled big, 6-3, 6-4 or taller if possible.

Very versatile player it seems.  Not sure what position she will play but I think she has ability to play either guard spot or forward as she has size and inside moves. Not sure quick enough to guard a pg on defensive end but at 5'10 could match up with bigger guards or forwards. Impressive 41% from 3 and 84% from line. Third team D1 in Ohio is impressive.

Wonder if any of those who have entered portal from last season are considering staying.  I would say some have committed just not announced. Either way it's time to make a decision so Coach Juli knows how many scholly's she has.

Offline chris88

« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2024, 08:56:09 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

"Prior to her first season, Gehlhausen brought in 10 players to fill out the roster, which paid dividends in year two as the Bearcats produced the Peach Belt Conference's 2023-24 Player of the Year and All-Region team member, as well as a Second-Team All-Peach Belt selection while making it into the top-10 in every NCAA Division II Region Poll.

Before leading the program at Lander, Gehlhausen spent four seasons as the associate head coach at Ashland University where she implemented Ashland's defensive system, which helped lead the team to an undefeated 2019-20 season at 31-0. That season earned Gehlhausen the WBCA Division II National Assistant of the Year award."

Perhaps she can convince that D2 conf POY to come to MU...although not sure what year or position

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall

Offline MUfan08

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, mu79grad, luckytoes99, MicDrass1

Offline goherd73

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, svherd, Collis P, horsrman, overherd1, Herdalum83, MicDrass1

Offline jdonaccbus

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2024, 09:44:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I didn't realize Maier went into the portal.

I was really hoping Matthews would come back.

The following users thanked this post: Collis P

Offline chris88

« Reply #19 on: Yesterday at 06:02:34 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Latest from portal tracker (some lag time expected). Looks like Mathews only one still out there.

Terah Harness, 5?9, G, Jr. (0.6 ppg)  → Buffalo

Alasia Hayes, 5?8, G, Soph. (2.2 ppg)

Meredith Maier, 6?0, F, Soph. (7.3 ppg)

Sydni Scott, 5?8, G, Soph. (8 ppg) → Fairfield

Mahogany Matthews, 6?1, F, Sr. (8 ppg, 4.8 rpg)

Aislynn Hayes, 5?8, G, Jr. (14.5 ppg, 4.6 rpg) → WITHDRAWN

Roshala Scott, 5?8, G, Sr. (21.0 ppg, 3.8 rpg ? 6 games) → James Madison

Offline MUfan08

« Reply #20 on: Yesterday at 07:10:48 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Latest from portal tracker (some lag time expected). Looks like Mathews only one still out

Matthews' committed to Georgia State

Offline FilmJunky

The following users thanked this post: svherd

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: Yesterday at 08:55:42 AM »

Offline svherd

« Reply #22 on: Yesterday at 09:07:01 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Be interesting to see who she can pull in and how aggressive she is in the portal.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline MUonium

« Reply #23 on: Yesterday at 09:42:02 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • keeping Maier and Hayes takes a lot of pressure off team makeup.  if Tudor and Redman work really hard in the off-season, if Ilderton continues to improve (she's got shooting potential) as well as CC Mayes and the rest, they've got a chance to be competitive again.

maybe the new HS FR will be a contributor right from the start- hope her good motor translates to D1 quickly.

Is this a factor or not? >>> to repeat, we have by far, mostly JRs and SRs, so will we see mostly HS FR and SO transfers come in?  or will coach go for the best available regardless of class (years-to-play)?

The following users thanked this post: whf

Offline wasbarryb

« Reply #24 on: Yesterday at 10:01:57 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • keeping Maier and Hayes takes a lot of pressure off team makeup.  if Tudor and Redman work really hard in the off-season, if Ilderton continues to improve (she's got shooting potential) as well as CC Mayes and the rest, they've got a chance to be competitive again.

maybe the new HS FR will be a contributor right from the start- hope her good motor translates to D1 quickly.

Is this a factor or not? >>> to repeat, we have by far, mostly JRs and SRs, so will we see mostly HS FR and SO transfers come in?  or will coach go for the best available regardless of class (years-to-play)?

Given the current rules allowing as many transfers as a student wants to make, I'd say take the best available.  The days of recruiting for the long term are over unfortunately.

The following users thanked this post: MUfan08, parshall2marshall, miltonherdfan, MUonium, herdfan129

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: Yesterday at 10:01:57 AM »