Author Topic: Division I Council approves changes to transfer rules  (Read 382 times)

Offline MUfan08

Division I Council approves changes to transfer rules
« on: April 18, 2024, 10:36:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • https://www.ncaa.org/news/2024/4/17/media-center-division-i-council-approves-changes-to-transfer-rules.aspx

Well it looks like the NCAA is making a move to not lose their court case on transfer restrictions (lawsuit against the NCAA is that it is in violation of anti trust laws).

Believe I saw where the Division 1 Directors will vote on this Monday and if it is ratified would be effective immediately.

Overview, Immediately eligible after a transfer (regardless whether person has transferred previously) as an undergraduate as long as you are academically eligible, in good standing (no disciplinary suspension or dismissal) and meet progress towards degree at new school.

For graduate transfer student-athletes to be eligible, they would have to earn a degree from their previous school, leave while academically eligible and be enrolled as a full-time postgraduate student while continuing to satisfy minimum academic standards.
    « Last Edit: April 19, 2024, 02:57:38 AM by MUfan08 »

The following users thanked this post: HerdEcon

HerdFans.com

Division I Council approves changes to transfer rules
    « on: April 18, 2024, 10:36:43 PM »

Offline banker

Re: Division I Council approves changes to transfer rules
    « Reply #1 on: April 19, 2024, 02:49:04 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Really need player contracts.  College players have it better than the pros, all the perks with none of the responsibility.

The following users thanked this post: Johns1124, muherd34, chris88, miltonherdfan, HoPPy785

Offline Rockin Herd Fan

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2024, 08:13:52 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This is a such a farce.  There are going to be athletes that will play for four different schools in four years.  How are they going to be making "progress toward a degree at new school"?   

The following users thanked this post: Johns1124, miltonherdfan

Offline muherd34

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2024, 08:27:38 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Really need player contracts.  College players have it better than the pros, all the perks with none of the responsibility.

Couldnt agree more. College athletes have it way better than the pros when it comes to freedom to move about. When and where does it end?

Online Always THE HERD

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2024, 10:10:20 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • https://www.ncaa.org/news/2024/4/17/media-center-division-i-council-approves-changes-to-transfer-rules.aspx

Well it looks like the NCAA is making a move to not lose their court case on transfer restrictions (lawsuit against the NCAA is that it is in violation of anti trust laws).

Believe I saw where the Division 1 Directors will vote on this Monday and if it is ratified would be effective immediately.

Overview, Immediately eligible after a transfer (regardless whether person has transferred previously) as an undergraduate as long as you are academically eligible, in good standing (no disciplinary suspension or dismissal) and meet progress towards degree at new school.

For graduate transfer student-athletes to be eligible, they would have to earn a degree from their previous school, leave while academically eligible and be enrolled as a full-time postgraduate student while continuing to satisfy minimum academic standards.
    ~
    How can you be a graduate "without" earning a degree?

HerdFans.com

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2024, 10:10:20 AM »