Author Topic: Soccer  (Read 994 times)

Offline Skidude

Soccer
« on: April 13, 2024, 07:38:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I thought tonight's soccer match was going to streamed. 

The link sent out by the Big Green doesn't work for me.

Does anyone have a link that works?

HerdFans.com

Soccer
    « on: April 13, 2024, 07:38:12 PM »

Offline whf

Re: Soccer
    « Reply #1 on: April 13, 2024, 07:43:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I thought tonight's soccer match was going to streamed. 

The link sent out by the Big Green doesn't work for me.

Does anyone have a link that works?
    Ditto, would love to see this game.  SKidude, can you post the link that isn't working for you?

Offline Big City

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2024, 08:07:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 1-1 dumb mistake by the Herd
    IronMan & Multisport Athlete
    2 x American Triple T Finisher
    Celebrated beer drinker

Offline Skidude

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2024, 08:30:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Here's the link that's working for me.

Offline gochneaur645

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2024, 09:37:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Tough penalty call against us with under 2 minutes left gives Sparty the 2-1 win

Offline whf

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2024, 09:39:13 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Two really bad errors on the part of the Herd give MSU the 2 - 1 win,

With that being said, MSU was much faster, played with more visible energy, and trusted in each other much more than the Herd did.  We score the only true soccer play of the day; shot on goal, and lose by a penalty kick at the 1:30 mark.

Too bad, really too bad.
    « Last Edit: April 13, 2024, 09:53:42 PM by whf »

The following users thanked this post: svherd, Lord Haw-Haw

Online overherd1

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2024, 09:39:26 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Thought we seemed a bit slow.

The following users thanked this post: whf

Online svherd

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2024, 10:06:13 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Pretty poor effort I think. We were slow and not crisp in most phases. Certainly have work to do.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline Nicks Pizza

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Rookie
    • In this world there are no sides
    « Reply #8 on: April 13, 2024, 10:25:36 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Herd got cheated according to social media. But social media always thinks the Herd was cheated when they lose so I never know if it's fact or not.

The following users thanked this post: ed swain

Online svherd

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2024, 11:01:10 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Herd got cheated according to social media. But social media always thinks the Herd was cheated when they lose so I never know if it's fact or not.

The first goal we gave up was because of sloppy play on the back end and poor movement. Didn't clear, played around and gave it away inside our box.

This team may be Grassie's biggest work in progress in 3-4 years. They have work to do.
    Shout out to the fans, we guessed around 500 or more. Pretty cool.
    « Last Edit: April 14, 2024, 10:54:05 AM by svherd »

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Online chris88

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2024, 09:00:22 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We played pretty well for much of the match. We had way more scoring chances than they did in 1st half. I didn't see much of 2nd half. Pascal best player on field imo. Dos Santos was not much of a factor.  We have other players for fall who were not on spring roster. Stinks the way it ended but congrats to MSU. Best spring league we have had competition wise. Finishing second no shame. Looking forward to schedule coming out in next month or so along with season tix renewals.
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

Offline Big City

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2024, 10:24:21 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I am by no means an expert but early, Marshall controlled and dominated until the mental lapse to tie it up. MSU had some major speed that really surprised me. I hate blaming officials because typically it's part of the game but in the second half yesterday MSU got the benefit of a few calls.
    It was fun to actually see in person vs watching on the boob tube. Marshall has some mad ball handling skill.
    Celebrated beer drinker

The following users thanked this post: luckytoes99

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2024, 10:24:21 AM »

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2024, 10:37:49 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I?m glad we lost. We have won spring league championship last few years and didn?t help in regular season tournament. Maybe losing will show some of our weaknesses early and allow us to work on it.
    The right way is always the right way- Coach Huff

2020 National Soccer Champs!

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2024, 02:20:54 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The first goal we gave up was because of sloppy play on the back end and poor movement. Didn't clear, played around and gave it away inside our box.

This team may be Grassie's biggest work in progress in 3-4 years. They have work to do.
    Shout out to the fans, we guessed around 500 or more. Pretty cool.

Other teams figure it pressure pressure.  We like to give it away in goal box

The following users thanked this post: svherd

Offline Big City

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2024, 07:31:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I?m glad we lost. We have won spring league championship last few years and didn?t help in regular season tournament. Maybe losing will show some of our weaknesses early and allow us to work on it.

Never seen a Herd Fan happy to lose a championship. This is a new one.
    Celebrated beer drinker

Online CoachMaclid

« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2024, 07:53:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Just pointing out that we didn't win the Spring League last season, either.  We lost to Louisville in pool play last year and played in the 3rd place game.  The only time we've ever won the Spring League was 2022.

Offline Jbabbington

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2024, 08:22:42 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • After giving it a day to sink in, I think our defense actually played quite well. Outside of that blunder around our box, we only allowed 1-2 shots.

I'm a little worried about our offense, but at the end of the day this was only the Spring League. Let's not forget that we really weren't all that amazing in last years SL, yet look at what we accomplished in the fall.

Offline Skidude

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2024, 08:38:39 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm concerned that the team does not have a couple of players with really good speed.  The better teams we play always seem to have a few faster to the ball players than the Herd.

Offline MUther

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2024, 01:23:55 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Just wish I was reading these conversations after football and basketball games where we took down an elite field only to lose in the finals.  If you go back and read threads after the first few spring games, everyone was extremely high on the team and talking about how we reloaded.  Now we have a bad game vs a team we already beat and the sky has hit the ground.  It's comical.  We'll be fine.  We just came off a conference championship in one of the best soccer conferences in the country, a number one ranking most of the season, and a decent run in the NCAAT.  No other men's sport comes close for us.  Do we no longer have faith in our coach to adjust and tinker to get the formula just right?  Do we think this will be the same team we're looking at in 5 months of conditioning and practice?

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, sardistim, goherd73, 2xBison, chris88, elginherd

Online svherd

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2024, 08:31:26 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Just wish I was reading these conversations after football and basketball games where we took down an elite field only to lose in the finals.  If you go back and read threads after the first few spring games, everyone was extremely high on the team and talking about how we reloaded.  Now we have a bad game vs a team we already beat and the sky has hit the ground.  It's comical.  We'll be fine.  We just came off a conference championship in one of the best soccer conferences in the country, a number one ranking most of the season, and a decent run in the NCAAT.  No other men's sport comes close for us.  Do we no longer have faith in our coach to adjust and tinker to get the formula just right?  Do we think this will be the same team we're looking at in 5 months of conditioning and practice?

We have talent and some good pieces, just pointing out we have work to do to mesh everything together. This team has looked really good at times in the spring games but had lulls where we looked average at times. The problems giving up the ball on the back end has happened every year, we gotta get that fixed. :)
    We should be Ok come the regular season.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall, chris88, MUther

Offline Jbabbington

« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2024, 08:50:55 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

A couple of other things to keep in mind, Grassie was still "tinkering" with lineups even in the Championship Match. Dan is most certainly our starter this season, yet he didn't play the second half. I don't know how he looks against PK's, but maybe he blocks it if he is in. Also, Pinto wasn't playing (unless I completely missed him). That's one of our best defenders not playing. We also have probably 2-3 guys vying for a starting spot that aren't even with the team yet.

I agree that we didn't play good, but I think Grassie will get it worked out over these next 4 months.

I'm also not too worried about our speed, MSU was fast but it really didn't amount to much. We've also never been a fast team in my opinion. Sure we had Bell and Adjetey, but Adjetey didn't play too much and we'll be getting some speed in Adrian Mahoney who should be on campus this summer.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, svherd, MUther

Online jsbowen

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2024, 09:25:05 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Grassie played Nikola Sljivic instead of Pinto (I believe Pinto has been hobbled).  This was Sljivic's last match for Marshall.  He played well, but was the defender called for the foul that resulted in the PK.  I hate that for him.  What a way to end your career at Marshall.  I believe he is the last remaining player from the championship team.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall, svherd, whf, chris88, MUther

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2024, 09:25:05 AM »

Offline saherdfan

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2024, 06:31:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    Agreed MUther...  We did play really sloppy in the Championship, but we will be fine.  It is fun playing in a Championships!!!

The following users thanked this post: Flat Tire 2

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2024, 01:45:25 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Never seen a Herd Fan happy to lose a championship. This is a new one.

Just saying I would rather lose in the spring (which is just a glorified scrimmage) than to lose in the real season.

I?m confident Grassie will use this as a way to make us better.
    The right way is always the right way- Coach Huff

2020 National Soccer Champs!

The following users thanked this post: chris88

HerdFans.com

« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2024, 01:45:25 AM »