Author Topic: Here?s a start Corny  (Read 1792 times)

Offline mubowhunter

Here?s a start Corny
« on: April 12, 2024, 09:43:51 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  

HerdFans.com

Here?s a start Corny
    « on: April 12, 2024, 09:43:51 AM »

Offline herd2win

Re: Here?s a start Corny
    « Reply #1 on: April 12, 2024, 09:59:10 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That kid looks great...

The following users thanked this post: mubowhunter

Offline Herdiowa

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2024, 10:59:05 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Is there any news on new players?

Offline Tim Hensley

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2024, 11:54:41 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I've heard that they are looking at a D II guard in Pennsylvania.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, mubowhunter

Offline jdonaccbus

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2024, 12:06:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

I think it is the kid from West Chester. His name is Robert Smith. He averaged 17 ppg.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, mubowhunter

Offline herd2win

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2024, 12:29:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Better quit looking and start signing some studs.

The following users thanked this post: svherd, mubowhunter, MicDrass1

Offline MicDrass1

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2024, 01:15:26 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • MEAC has the guards!

Offline mubowhunter

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2024, 04:11:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That kid looks great...

I?ve never heard of him until today but he checks several boxes on the offensive side of the ball.

Offline herdorbust2

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2024, 09:19:23 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Alec Oglesby from Stetson has narrowed his choices to Tulane, MTSU, Charlotte, Marshall and Mercer. 6'5 Guard avg 11 pts 4.4 RBs. 40% from 3 and 85% from the line. Looks like a good shooter from video.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall, Buffalo Bop, Collis P, mubowhunter

Offline MUfan08

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2024, 08:38:56 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

Offline MUfan08

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2024, 08:46:22 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall, mubowhunter, scope58, herdorbust2

Offline Flat Tire 2

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2024, 09:26:04 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • https://calvulcans.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster/kj-mcclurg/7158

Interesting article. He is from morganhole and went to UNH then transfer down to Division 2. He didn't show much at UNH and his first year in Division 2.  He was a D2 All-American this season and played against Charleston (Morris Harvey). He sounds like he may be a good player. It appears that he has two years to play in college.

"Former University High state champion KJ McClurg was recently voted to the 2023-24 NABC D-II All-American team following a strong sophomore season at California (Pa.) after transferring from New Hampshire last year."

"The 6-3 redshirt sophomore averaged 23 points, six rebounds, and three assists per game while shooting 54% from the field, including 45% from three-point range, and 83% from the free-throw line."

"Now, after an outstanding All-American season, McClurg is re-entering the portal and searching for a new home. Being familiar with the process is something he is glad to have but he says it still has its obstacles."

"McClurg said academics are in his sights also. In fact, he is on track to graduate with his degree in Finance and Accounting this spring as a sophomore, with the goal of obtaining a Master?s Degree from his future home."

https://www.dominionpost.com/2024/04/06/former-university-high-basketball-standout-kj-mcclurg-named-d-ii-all-american/
    « Last Edit: April 15, 2024, 05:05:06 PM by Flat Tire 2 »

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2024, 09:26:04 AM »

Offline bearmann64

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2024, 09:34:42 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Oglesby commited to MTSU last week
    Johnson commited to Montana

Offline herd2win

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2024, 10:04:27 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Corny better have something up his sleeve because the silence is not giving me any confidence he can get us competitive.

The following users thanked this post: svherd, miltonherdfan

Offline miltonherdfan

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2024, 10:41:33 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Corny better have something up his sleeve because the silence is not giving me any confidence he can get us competitive.

ditto.  we just asked DD to help CJ "ease the transition," so i guess i shouldn't expect much.  maybe instead of checking the portal for leftovers in July, they'll start looking in June?  🙄

Offline FilmJunky

« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2024, 11:34:44 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This turn around is not a 1 year thing. When Marshall fans get realistic. Marshall will probably start to succeed and have fan support.

Offline svherd

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2024, 11:56:36 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This turn around is not a 1 year thing. When Marshall fans get realistic. Marshall will probably start to succeed and have fan support.

No it's not, but he needs bodies who can produce for this season. We lose our 2 most productive players after this coming season, Martin and Oak. DD didn't leave him with much to work with. Years 2 and 3 should be better. jmho

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline herd2win

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2024, 11:57:00 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Many coaches turn teams around quickly because of the portal.  In basketball 1 or 2 players are difference makers.

The fact we see other players being signed out of the portal and nothing yet from Corny should be cause of concern. 

The following users thanked this post: svherd, herdfifteen, miltonherdfan, overherd1

Offline herdorbust2

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2024, 12:19:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Many coaches turn teams around quickly because of the portal.  In basketball 1 or 2 players are difference makers.

The fact we see other players being signed out of the portal and nothing yet from Corny should be cause of concern.

It's still early. If we don't see something by the end of the month then we can get concerned. They may be waiting on their higher prospects and don't just want to sign anyone. They may have 25 offers out there but have a ranking of who they want. It's a tricky situation. You want recruit A but may have to settle for recruit B or C. They can hold off on B and C for a while trying to get A. I believe actual signing day is this Wednesday.

Offline overherd1

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2024, 12:25:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm sure a lot of it is a wait and see situation.  You want player A and if they decide to go elsewhere, player B becomes a bigger target.  Lots of moving parts I'm sure.  Just gotta hope we get our share of player A's.

The following users thanked this post: herdorbust2

Offline MicDrass1

« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2024, 02:23:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

•  Del State receives a commitment from transfer 6?1 guard, Robert Smith.

This past season at West Chester University he averaged 17.2 ppg, 3.3 rebs & 2.0 asts. In his time at WCU he scored over 1,300 points.

Buckets

Offline Always THE HERD

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2024, 03:27:45 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I am quite confident that CJ, DD & any other coach we have had in the last 50 years or so, knows MUCH more than I do about coaching, scheduling, recruiting, game management, etc. than I do. Therefore, I will leave it up to CJ in this current situation.

The following users thanked this post: FilmJunky

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2024, 03:27:45 PM »

Offline herd2win

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2024, 03:55:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I am quite confident that CJ, DD & any other coach we have had in the last 50 years or so, knows MUCH more than I do about coaching, scheduling, recruiting, game management, etc. than I do. Therefore, I will leave it up to CJ in this current situation.

Are you sure?  We left it up to DD and look where our roster is now and the season we just had.

The following users thanked this post: Flat Tire 2, herdfan129, herdorbust2

Offline MUther

« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2024, 04:14:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Are you sure?  We left it up to DD and look where our roster is now and the season we just had.

As long as he recruits the best players he can get for the positions that need filled and reinforced, we'll be fine.  If he starts recruiting based on a body type he fancies, regardless of the needs on the court, we are probably in trouble.

Offline FilmJunky

« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2024, 04:19:17 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Many kid especially at smaller levels are the last ones to commit in the portal. They wait to see what higher level schools need certain spots filled and go from there. The kids Marshall goes after are not the same talent level as kids transferring from High major to High major. Those type kids know they'll get plating time.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2024, 04:19:17 PM »