Author Topic: Women's basketball news!?  (Read 1162 times)

Offline MarshallSteve

Re: Women's basketball news!?
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2024, 12:18:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Congrats to Juli. Hope she continues the great career she has had so far.

Sent from my SM-A546U using Tapatalk

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, chris88, miltonherdfan, MicDrass1

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2024, 12:18:50 PM »

Offline MUther

« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2024, 12:44:22 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Looks like 70PPG vs 50ppg for opponents from that video linked.  Good margin.  Means she sets the pace and mires their opponents in mud with turnovers and rebounding. 

Offline herdfifteen

« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2024, 12:45:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I like the choice. I am beginning to think Christian Spears  the only one in a  leadership role at Marshall who has any capability. Can't imagine he will hang around much longer.
    « Last Edit: April 12, 2024, 02:13:57 PM by herdfifteen »

Offline chris88

« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2024, 12:59:35 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Why Transylvania?s Juli Fulks says 2024 Final Four loss will leave a wound that won?t heal

https://www.aol.com/why-transylvania-juli-fulks-says-110000550.html
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

Offline Flat Tire 2

« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2024, 01:05:45 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • A couple of observations.

Spears acted quickly with the hire. Kim was hired by UT on April 7 and in less than a week, he hired a new coach.

We hired a Division 3 coach for football, Stan Parish, who turned out to be a good coach. He was 42-3-1 at Wabash and then was at Purdue for one year before coming to Marshall.

I am not picking on Skidude, but hopefully he was partially correct with the below post.
    "UK fired their women's coach today - per a couple of well connected UK alum friends of mine - Kim Caldwell is one of 2 names already being mentioned for the position.  The other is the coach at Transylvania."

Like others said, if you can coach you can at any level. Jack Cook was a great coach at Cammack JR High and at HHS (he won a state baseball championship at HHS) and he was a great coach at Marshall.

One thing I like about the hire is that she has head coaching experience, nothing beats having experience of being in charge of a program. At least you know she can win.
    « Last Edit: April 12, 2024, 01:47:57 PM by Flat Tire 2 »

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, elginherd

Offline MicDrass1

« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2024, 01:14:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

We hired a Division 3 coach for football, Stan Parish, who turned out to be a good coach. He was 42-3-1 at Wabash and then was at Purdue for one year before coming to Marshall.

I am not picking on Skidude, but hopefully he was partially correct with the below post.
    "UK fired their women's coach today - per a couple of well connected UK alum friends of mine - Kim Caldwell is one of 2 names already being mentioned for the position.  The other is the coach at Transylvania."

Cammack Blue Streaks kick starts others coaching careers as well to D1 success.  Nice to hear about Cook starting there.  Go Blue Streaks!!
    Like others said, if you can coach you can at any level. Jack Cook was a great coach at Cammack JR High and at HHS and he was a great coach at Marshall.

Offline Flat Tire 2

« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2024, 08:30:02 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I like the choice. I am beginning to think Christian Spears  the only one in a  leadership role at Marshall who has any capability. Can't imagine he will hang around much longer.

Spears seem to be hiring good coaches. We should know how a couple of his newer picks will turn out in a few seasons. The changeover in MB was very strange. One would have to wonder who Spears would have hired if he could have made the decision? That said, I hope Corny turns out to be successful.

The following users thanked this post: chris88

Offline herdfifteen

« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2024, 08:57:09 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Agree we have ourselves a highly competent AD if people will stay out of his way.My fear is he will leave at the first good offer, he and DD were at odds and that cannot be a good position to be in.

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2024, 09:56:55 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    don't tell Sluggo
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

The following users thanked this post: MUfan08, mr_ash_1995

Offline elginherd

« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2024, 10:30:42 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Spears acted quickly with the hire. Kim was hired by UT on April 7 and in less than a week, he hired a new coach.

One thing I like about the hire is that she has head coaching experience, nothing beats having experience of being in charge of a program. At least you know she can win.

And regarding the Coach Jackson situation...
    The coach-in-waiting situation likely tied his hands. Even if it was only a handshake deal, Smith (and maybe Spears) realizes that not following through with agreements can damage the institution beyond the athletic dept.

Corny's relatively low compensation package doesn't hurt either. 
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

The following users thanked this post: horsrman

Offline herdorbust2

« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2024, 10:37:01 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • And regarding the Coach Jackson situation...
    The coach-in-waiting situation likely tied his hands. Even if it was only a handshake deal, Smith (and maybe Spears) realizes that not following through with agreements can damage the institution beyond the athletic dept.

Corny's relatively low compensation package doesn't hurt either.

Like I said before. It's all up to CJ now. He may be great and climb the coaching ranks to stardom. Or this may be the last D1 job he ever gets. I just hope he does it his way so he doesn't have any regrets. Don't be influenced because Danny is still in the background. Recruit who you want and coach the way you want.

The following users thanked this post: herdfan93, 2xBison, Collis P, Flat Tire 2, elginherd

HerdFans.com

« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2024, 10:37:01 AM »