Author Topic: Kari Pickens  (Read 2165 times)

Offline MUtim

• Benefactors of HerdFans
  • All American
  • Member Since 08/2009
Re: Kari Pickens
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2024, 04:00:36 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • i'm just looking for a coach that's good at what he does & wins games

up-tempo caldwell fit that description, up-tempo DD not so much
    I wish they?d hire Jenna.  I?d take the Ashland coach too.  Her team average around 85 with about 10 3?s a game.  I don?t care if it?s football or basketball.  I?m most interested in coaches with high scoring offenses.  Best move huff made was bringing in the air raid. If I?m going to get beat?at least make it exciting.  You couldn?t pay me to watch a whole season of Virginia men?s basketball.  I don?t care how much they win.

The following users thanked this post: svherd, horsrman

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2024, 04:00:36 PM »

Offline GoHerd35

« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2024, 08:23:31 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I wish they?d hire Jenna.  I?d take the Ashland coach too.  Her team average around 85 with about 10 3?s a game.  I don?t care if it?s football or basketball.  I?m most interested in coaches with high scoring offenses.  Best move huff made was bringing in the air raid. If I?m going to get beat?at least make it exciting.  You couldn?t pay me to watch a whole season of Virginia men?s basketball.  I don?t care how much they win.

Jenna is too far down the list when it comes to the candidate pool. That being said, I wouldn't expect Pickens to leave Ashland. 🤷‍♂️

Offline herdman22

« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2024, 09:04:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Word I got today on Tom Jessee and why Marshall likes him:

Career Record of 636-273

But he has gone 100-15 since the inception of the transfer portal for a 87% winning percentage.

He was able to lure quality transfers to a D2 school from such places as : South Florida, JMU, Charleston Southern, New Mexico, Bowling Green, Hampton Delaware, Loyola, Samford, etc......along with D2 transfers and freshmen.

He is a native of the state of WV and was at one time Bluefield State women's coach with a record of 170-89 which is not an easy place to win at since during that time they had no on-campus housing for athletes.

That is what I was told. I don't know much else other than this guy is known to be real active with the transfer portal and won with it by embracing it. He also lost to Caldwell by 10 points a few years ago in the Elite Eight.

I am not advocating the guy; just going by what someone I trust told me this morning.
    His wife is also a head coach in Florida.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline jdonaccbus

« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2024, 10:04:00 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • His wife is also a head coach in Florida.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correct at NAIA Warner where she has gone 44-91 in five years.

Offline FilmJunky

« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2024, 10:53:56 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Averaged 67 points a game last year.  I like the uptempo game.  I?m not interested in this coach

Not interested in a coach that wins in the most Marshall thing ever lol

The following users thanked this post: miltonherdfan

Offline elginherd

« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2024, 02:11:31 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Not interested in a coach that wins is the most Marshall thing ever lol
    Will winning alone attract a paying audience to women's basketball?
    I have my doubts. The 2nd half of the past season, the Herd became an event. Boring-ass Bball won't do that.
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

The following users thanked this post: svherd, horsrman, herdorbust2

Offline MUonium

« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2024, 02:39:35 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • i think a new coach, regardless of why we have a new coach, is always exciting for fans.  maybe even more so when following a great coach.  i'd almost bet there won't be much drop-off in attendance unless they lose a few too many early.  i also think the AD/Smith want an up-tempo, balls to the walls style and that's who they are going to hire

Offline miltonherdfan

« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2024, 03:42:31 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • a lotta the excitement/support -- & the reason for MOST of it, IMO -- of last yr's team had a lot to do with beating FL, starting out 10-0 SBC, & finishing up 17-1.  the style of play added to the excitement, but i, for 1, would've been a lot happier going 17-1 winning 60-55 than going 9-9 scoring 90 win or lose.  fortunately, we had both the winning & the pace going for us.  but i'm not gonna go watch a .500 SBC WBB team, i don't care how many points they score.

Offline svherd

« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2024, 04:58:13 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • i think a new coach, regardless of why we have a new coach, is always exciting for fans.  maybe even more so when following a great coach.  i'd almost bet there won't be much drop-off in attendance unless they lose a few too many early.  i also think the AD/Smith want an up-tempo, balls to the walls style and that's who they are going to hire

Whoever comes on board will have the recruit their guts out. We've lost 7 players from last years team, 3 graduated and 4 are in the portal. Would like to get a few of those gals back, but doubt we will. I do think the style of play will be a big draw for fans, up tempo, exciting is what we like. Sorta like I am ready to see the air raid in football over the snooze fest we've had the last 2-3 years on offense for football.

Get a successful coach who knows how to use the portal and hope they can build on what Kim started.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline Collis P

« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2024, 05:04:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Will winning alone attract a paying audience to women's basketball?
    I have my doubts. The 2nd half of the past season, the Herd became an event. Boring-ass Bball won't do that.

I believe next years schedule has all the away games from last year will be home next year - which is great!!   
    S M I L E -

Offline elginherd

« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2024, 05:06:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Whoever comes on board will have the recruit their guts out. We've lost 7 players from last years team, 3 graduated and 4 are in the portal. Would like to get a few of those gals back, but doubt we will. I do think the style of play will be a big draw for fans, up tempo, exciting is what we like. Sorta like I am ready to see the air raid in football over the snooze fest we've had the last 2-3 years on offense for football.

Get a successful coach who knows how to use the portal and hope they can build on what Kim started.

The offense has been a snooze fest a lot longer than the past 2-3 years, lol....
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2024, 05:06:21 PM »