Author Topic: Watching MST3K on Pluto the other day and  (Read 281 times)

Offline MUther

Watching MST3K on Pluto the other day and
« on: March 19, 2024, 10:14:55 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • A movie called "Teen Age Strangler" was on being parodied.  I tuned in about halfway through it and a news report in the movie was talking about the happenings in Cabell County.  I thought "interesting coincidence."  Must be a Cabell County in Cali or something.  Then the dad was talking to his son about being in trouble and he said he moved them all the way to Huntington to keep him out of trouble and I realized the movie was set here.

Looked like a mid-60s to early 70s production.  They were also using a bit of a West Virginian accent but seemed more acted than genuine.  Just wondered if anyone knew anything about this or recalled the movie being mentioned around here.  I was either not born or very young when this came out.  Don't know if actually filmed here or not.

*feel free to move this, I just wanted it to be seen first.

HerdFans.com

Watching MST3K on Pluto the other day and
    « on: March 19, 2024, 10:14:55 AM »

Offline MUther

Re: Watching MST3K on Pluto the other day and
    « Reply #1 on: March 19, 2024, 10:23:44 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Found this on it from Wikipadia:

"Teen-Age Strangler is a 1964 American independent crime drama film directed by Ben Parker.[1] It was made in Huntington, West Virginia.[2] It was re-released in black & white in 1990, resulting in local screenings, newspaper writeups, and cast reunions.[3] It has become a cult film ever since it was featured on an episode of the TV series Mystery Science Theater 3000.[4]"

Offline marshallmark

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2024, 10:26:29 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • A movie called "Teen Age Strangler" was on being parodied.  I tuned in about halfway through it and a news report in the movie was talking about the happenings in Cabell County.  I thought "interesting coincidence."  Must be a Cabell County in Cali or something.  Then the dad was talking to his son about being in trouble and he said he moved them all the way to Huntington to keep him out of trouble and I realized the movie was set here.

Looked like a mid-60s to early 70s production.  They were also using a bit of a West Virginian accent but seemed more acted than genuine.  Just wondered if anyone knew anything about this or recalled the movie being mentioned around here.  I was either not born or very young when this came out.  Don't know if actually filmed here or not.

*feel free to move this, I just wanted it to be seen first.

Teen-Age Strangler is a cult classic around Huntington.  It was shot in Huntington (lots of scenes around the old Huntington High).  Central City Cafe still has one of the premier posters on its wall.  You can find the entire movie on YouTube, btw. 
    "Tell your friends, I can confirm you held your own against the brothers. :)"

- E-Man

The following users thanked this post: MUther

Offline MUther

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2024, 10:44:45 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Teen-Age Strangler is a cult classic around Huntington.  It was shot in Huntington (lots of scenes around the old Huntington High).  Central City Cafe still has one of the premier posters on its wall.  You can find the entire movie on YouTube, btw.

It was 5 years before I was born.  Never knew of it.  It's a really bad movie but it was fun watching the guys poke fun at it.  I don't think I'd watch it just to watch it.  I just figured a lot of people here are the right age to know the story of it.

Offline coalherd

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2024, 12:49:08 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It was 5 years before I was born.  Never knew of it.  It's a really bad movie but it was fun watching the guys poke fun at it.  I don't think I'd watch it just to watch it.  I just figured a lot of people here are the right age to know the story of it.

Which means it was BEFORE the number of vagrants and homeless, druggies, and others seeking "free needles", etc., etc., OUTNUMBERED the rest of the other ever dwindling population of the "We Will" City!!!

Offline parshall2marshall

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2024, 06:25:17 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I have posted on here about this 1964 movie, (a.k.a. Teenage or Teen-age Strangler) either directly or indirectly.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0059786/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1 ( rated 2.3 / 10 )

Many of the actors were local. The movie is in color but my understanding is that it was also later re-released in B&W for some reason.

I have the MST3K version also. There was a DVD released  with a double feature of this movie with the (somewhat, for a B-movie) critically acclaimed "Teenage Gang Debs" as in debutants (1966, B&W).

His only acting role, John Humphries passed away a few years ago. I have used his line on here :
    "... and I didn't steal no bike neither!"

The climatic scene involves the fold-out windows of the old Huntington High School.

The forever FREE way to Build Sales Funnels and sell Digital Products online. Build free web sites of all kinds without programming. No credit card needed. Limited time.

https://groovepages.groovesell.com/a/gD4OhvmchDoe

Offline Skidude

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2024, 06:29:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • One of my best friends' sister is in the movie.  Marlene L. - she when to Huntington East and played the part of one of the "good looking" girls of the group hanging out in the diner and dancing.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, MUther

Offline bbcard1

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #7 on: March 19, 2024, 08:16:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Which means it was BEFORE the number of vagrants and homeless, druggies, and others seeking "free needles", etc., etc., OUTNUMBERED the rest of the other ever dwindling population of the "We Will" City!!!

While they may have had fewer homeless people, they seemed to have more teenaged stranglers.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2024, 08:16:15 PM »