Author Topic: Cam Crawford  (Read 808 times)

Online MUfan08

Cam Crawford
« on: April 24, 2024, 06:45:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Always THE HERD, herdthatandrew

HerdFans.com

Cam Crawford
    « on: April 24, 2024, 06:45:44 PM »

Offline herdthatandrew

Re: Cam Crawford
    « Reply #1 on: April 24, 2024, 06:56:55 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • https://x.com/camcrawford0/status/1783239562824720866

Seems like a step up for Cam. Good for him. Could have been much better here if used properly

The following users thanked this post: MUfan08, parshall2marshall, svherd, Always THE HERD, Flat Tire 2, miltonherdfan

Online MUfan08

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2024, 07:03:35 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Best of luck unless he is playing the herd.

Thought he was the most talented on last years team, but was erratic and just wanted to play ISO ball and hero ball on defense (which would lose his man).

Was always in Dan's doghouse, but not sure how much coaching he got besides Dan blasting him on interviews.

Offline Flat Tire 2

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2024, 07:15:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Seems like a step up for Cam. Good for him. Could have been much better here if used properly

Correct, it is called coaching and Dan didn't have that skill. I hope it works out for Cam. No player should have to undergo what Dan did to Cam. Dan's behavior was classless.
    « Last Edit: April 24, 2024, 07:18:10 PM by Flat Tire 2 »

The following users thanked this post: svherd

Online whf

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2024, 07:40:13 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Well, I don't know about all the DD bashing, seems I remember a time when Crawford's mother agreed with DD and told her son to stick with it and learn.

The following users thanked this post: horsrman

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2024, 07:40:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Best of luck unless he is playing the herd.

Thought he was the most talented on last years team, but was erratic and just wanted to play ISO ball and hero ball on defense (which would lose his man).

Was always in Dan's doghouse, but not sure how much coaching he got besides Dan blasting him on interviews.

Agree about ISO ball. But Danny benches him and lets everyone else do it? Curfman, Voyles and Obinna invented ISO ball yet they didn't sit. Maybe he will see more consistant coaching and discipline at Duquesne.

The following users thanked this post: MUfan08, Always THE HERD

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2024, 08:37:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He was more inefficient around the rim than Rondale Watson

Offline MUonium

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2024, 06:07:01 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • he's athletic enough of a player to have a breakout year sometime during his career.  i honestly don't understand (detailed) how or why it didn't happen with the Herd.  anyway, he seems like one of those players we've had where an opportunity was wasted.  then again, there  were players like Kinsey who was sort of a slow burn over 5 years as opposed to Penava who was more of a flip of the switch.

The following users thanked this post: svherd

Offline chris88

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2024, 08:04:17 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • he's athletic enough of a player to have a breakout year sometime during his career.  i honestly don't understand (detailed) how or why it didn't happen with the Herd.  anyway, he seems like one of those players we've had where an opportunity was wasted.  then again, there  were players like Kinsey who was sort of a slow burn over 5 years as opposed to Penava who was more of a flip of the switch.

In my opinion Crawford would do much better in a system that is more structured. DD's system too open for a guy like that. Becomes easily wreckless and out of control (just like what Taylor became before he left). Sort of like getting a first time teenage driver a Corvette.
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

Offline FilmJunky

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2024, 08:20:01 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Holy Crap a Marshall player moved to a better program? Thought all we had were D2 players besides 2-3 guys. A10 > SBC by a large margin. Good for him.

Offline Flat Tire 2

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2024, 08:47:11 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  Over the last few seasons we have players transferring to Frostburg State (Williams); Glenville State (Collins); Charleston AKA Morris Harvey (Meredith) . We have one player (McKey) going to WCU and Crawford to Duquesne. Conner and Toussaint are still out there and they don't have any offers per Verbal Commits which is based on their posts on their X accounts.

Mixed bag to say the least. It will be interesting to see how the players who end up D1 schools contribute to those programs.

https://www.verbalcommits.com/schools/marshall
    « Last Edit: April 25, 2024, 08:50:08 AM by Flat Tire 2 »

The following users thanked this post: chris88

Offline MUonium

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2024, 10:02:17 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Over the last few seasons we have players transferring to Frostburg State (Williams); Glenville State (Collins); Charleston AKA Morris Harvey (Meredith) . We have one player (McKey) going to WCU and Crawford to Duquesne. Conner and Toussaint are still out there and they don't have any offers per Verbal Commits which is based on their posts on their X accounts.

Mixed bag to say the least. It will be interesting to see how the players who end up D1 schools contribute to those programs.

https://www.verbalcommits.com/schools/marshall

interesting that Williams and Collins were both in the top three in scoring for their respective teams.  all three bettered themselves as far as playing time which would be the number one goal if i were in their shoes (or any prefious practice squad player's shoes). 

D. Early at TN Tech was tops in several team categories (maybe MVP?).  if i'm not mistaken, he was the only D1 of these guys, but he excelled, at least as an individual.  J. Dillon bettered himself somewhat at Pikeville. 

The following users thanked this post: Always THE HERD, chris88

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2024, 10:02:17 AM »

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2024, 10:34:08 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Holy Crap a Marshall player moved to a better program? Thought all we had were D2 players besides 2-3 guys. A10 > SBC by a large margin. Good for him.

He will be a bench warmer.  It?s his 3rd school.  It will be the 3rd coach to find out he is a D2 player.

The following users thanked this post: Lord Haw-Haw

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2024, 11:59:04 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He will be a bench warmer.  It?s his 3rd school.  It will be the 3rd coach to find out he is a D2 player.

I wouldn't go so far as to call him D2, but I didn't care for his game and I think many that think he was something good are just confusing their dislike for DD with positives for his game.  I won't miss him at all and don't expect him to be anything but a role player there at best.
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

The following users thanked this post: horsrman

Offline Rockin Herd Fan

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2024, 12:11:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I wouldn't go so far as to call him D2, but I didn't care for his game and I think many that think he was something good are just confusing their dislike for DD with positives for his game.  I won't miss him at all and don't expect him to be anything but a role player there at best.

When he was hitting his shots, he provided value.  When he wasn't, he was a liability on both ends of the court. 

The following users thanked this post: Lord Haw-Haw

HerdFans.com

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2024, 12:11:20 PM »