Author Topic: Baseball Attendance  (Read 1390 times)

Offline THECHAMPISHERE

Re: Baseball Attendance
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2024, 01:24:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • So you spend $15 million, or whatever it was, for 1,500 fans. That?s $10,000 per attendee. That means we could drop $250,000,000 on a football stadium I guess.

Oh, as to the weather excuse - our weather will always be bad for a college baseball season.

Is the stadium only good for one game? Come on Banker. You usually make some very good, well thought out, and analytical posts. Are they tearing down the stadium after each game...or even at the end of the season? Of course not. The thing will be there for 60 years drawing 1-3k fans a game, used to recruit players who may one day give back to the university/baseball program, used for semi pro/miner league ball, used by the community, used by high schools, used by travel teams 13 and up for years and years and years to come.  There is no real accountant, financial adviser, or banker that would use the crazy math you used...or it would never have been built...no structure would ever be built by that math.....no stadium, no office building, no home...if we are trying to justify cost by one single day's use.
    « Last Edit: April 19, 2024, 01:37:03 PM by THECHAMPISHERE »

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2024, 01:24:29 PM »

Online JeremyBlake23

« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2024, 02:53:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 1,500 doesn't sound very good at all for a brand new stadium. Imagine once the hype dies down.. ouch.

The following users thanked this post: herdfan129

Online svherd

« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2024, 03:02:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The weather has not been great for many games - standard for our area this time of year.
    The team isn't great. SeatGeek sucks. Bought three reserved tix to the May3rd game. Total 107.90 including fees. I think that's a deterrent.  Standing room is the best deal. Jmo

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline Jbabbington

« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2024, 09:30:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The weather has not been great for many games - standard for our area this time of year.
    The team isn't great. SeatGeek sucks. Bought three reserved tix to the May3rd game. Total 107.90 including fees. I think that's a deterrent.  Standing room is the best deal. Jmo

SRO is awesome. I might catch some flack for this, but we have season tickets and have only sat in the seats twice. We much prefer standing at the bars or heading to the right field tables.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, mr_ash_1995, DC01HERD, svherd, puma

Online herdfan48

« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2024, 09:03:31 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    The fees that SeatGeek charges are ridiculous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The following users thanked this post: svherd

Online BigJimslade

« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2024, 07:38:14 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Oh here we go again. LOL. You are insane. Soccer at Marshall fresh off a National championship in 2021 averaged 1,446 fans a game. A below average Marshall baseball team lightyears away from a National Championship is averaging 1,500. So a national championship level college soccer team draws less on AVERAGE than the current 176 (rpi) below average baseball team here (and would anywhere else for that matter). That's how much interest in "baseball is dying" and how awesome soccer is.

I know since the NC you fell crazy in love with soccer. That's great. I'm really happy for you and soccer. I am. But before then even YOU didn't care. Your personal obsession with it doesn't make it relevant nationally. You screaming FACTS after an ignorantly false statement doesn't make what you say true.

Trump 101

HerdFans.com

« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2024, 07:38:14 AM »