Author Topic: Chase Litton to declare for NFL draft  (Read 6256 times)

Offline Surbadger

Re: Chase Litton to declare for NFL draft
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2018, 01:50:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I saw good luck and I hope everything works out for him. If he were to become the next Tom Brady, I would be very happy. I think he gave us his all this year both on and off the field, that makes up for his mistakes. We all make them, so should always try to forgive and forget.

The following users thanked this post: yogiherd, Stripeshrt, kpimichael

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2018, 01:50:16 PM »

Online HoPPy785

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2018, 01:53:36 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall

Online Herdalum83

« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2018, 01:59:18 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Haha a first rounder... Got anymore jokes, this comedian is great.

Had Chase ever lived up to his potential he could have been. Had he not made this dumb move here, came back thrown for 3,800 yards, 35 TDs and less than 15 INTs while winning a CUSA championship he would have been at least a 3rd round pick. Now he'll go undrafted. What concerns me is how this could impact Tyre Brady's decision.

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man, goherd14562

Offline _sturt_

« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2018, 02:07:19 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Had Chase ever lived up to his potential he could have been. Had he not made this dumb move here, came back thrown for 3,800 yards, 35 TDs and less than 15 INTs while winning a CUSA championship he would have been at least a 3rd round pick. Now he'll go undrafted. What concerns me is how this could impact Tyre Brady's decision.

Good point.

Offline rvntx

« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2018, 02:16:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Wish him the best.....hopefully, he was given good advise.......Puzzling to me.

Offline Scottyo614

« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2018, 02:21:54 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He’s got a high (for him) draft grade guys. I tried telling y’all a couple weeks ago. This was expected if a few QBs came back to school and things broke a certai way. I can see him going 3-5 and best of luck to him. We need more Marshall in the NFL.

For clarity sake of my opinion this will be the first time he gets a lights out QB coach. Going middle rounds he will be able to sit and learn. It will be up to him to make the most of it. That will be the key.

Offline goherd24

« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2018, 02:28:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • One of the dumbest decisions ever. I defended this kid through thick and thin, but thats over now. He could have had a special year and actually had a chance at the NFL. He blew his future. Its a real shame. But that being said, i am extremely worried about next season now.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, ed swain

Offline TheTruth

« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2018, 02:32:08 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • I’ve been critical of Littons decision making in the past but I wish him well. He was at a disadvantage with a new OC coming in for next year. His body and arm strength will give him an opportunity to play at the next level and I hope he finds success.

Online HoPPy785

« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2018, 02:37:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He’s got a high (for him) draft grade guys. I tried telling y’all a couple weeks ago. This was expected if a few QBs came back to school and things broke a certai way. I can see him going 3-5 and best of luck to him. We need more Marshall in the NFL.

For clarity sake of my opinion this will be the first time he gets a lights out QB coach. Going middle rounds he will be able to sit and learn. It will be up to him to make the most of it. That will be the key.

I'm no QB analyst but I just don't see it. There are a lot of QBs in this draft. My guess would be FA and stick around on a team for development. I understand he is physically the type of guy the NFL wants but there's plenty of NFL body QBs probably ahead of him.

I have no insight but I suspect he has been told who the OC will be and it's someone that likes to run the QB. Leave now or possibly get benched and lose any stock you've created for NFL.

I should also add that I do hope he does well and would love him to be the next Tom Brady.

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2018, 02:46:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  

Offline Saberman84

« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2018, 02:47:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I wish Chase all the best. It takes a ton of work to be a college athlete. That being said, he has showed flashes of brilliance mixed with moments of sub-par play. If he is drafted, I hope someone is able to really develop him. He has a cannon for an arm, and if he can get consistent accuracy with it, he will be fun to watch. Thanks a bunch Chase for your hard work. Go Herd!

HerdFans.com

« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2018, 02:47:04 PM »

Offline CoachSkip

« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2018, 02:50:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Maybe he knows who the new OC is going to be , didn't think his play would jive with his . Really , what more can he prove here ? Next season would have probably been like this one . The NFL people can develop him better than anyone MU can hire . If they think he has a shot , they'll spend the time needed . I hope it works out , If he makes it , great for him .
    It takes considerable knowledge just to realize the extent of your own ignorance . --- Thomas Sowell
    If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. --- Ronald Reagan
    Character , not circumstances , make the man. --- Booker T Washington
    Bill Nye is an i d i o t
    Ive never killed a mountain lion with my bare hands but Ive choked a few cougars .

The following users thanked this post: _sturt_

Offline MUther

« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2018, 03:03:52 PM »
  • [Like]2
  • [Dislike]1
  • If I were in his shoes, I might be very selective in which fans I chose to thank, and would do so privately. Without any interest in pointing fingers, I can't really ever recall that degree of animosity between a college team's fans and the team's QB. Was all the more surprising after such a positive freshman year for him and his family here.

He didn't catch hell his Freshman year.  It wasn't until he put on the #1 and thought the world was going to fall into his lap that fans turned on him.  He forgot you have to earn it, still.  And breaking team rules etc, etc.  Last year was mostly fans upset with his mechanics but not his character.  In fact, I'd say more people were mad at the coaches for not preparing him better as a third year starter than at Chase for trying. 

I'll never forgive him, in 2016, sitting out Louisville and throwing Morrell to the wolves, while completely medically cleared to play and then creating the situation that kept him out of WKU game, where we received the worst beating in our stadium, in history.  You want to kiss his ass for those things? Pucker up, Sturt.  I don't need him to thank me or care if he does.  But it goes both ways.  He's an inconsistent average QB, at best, in Marshall's history.  And any game you can point to he won for us, I can point to two he lost for us pretty much single-handedly, meaning everyone else appeared to be doing their jobs.

The following users thanked this post: herd1990, parshall2marshall, sleeinwv, ijw

Offline _sturt_

« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2018, 03:12:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He didn't catch hell his Freshman year.  It wasn't until he put on the #1 and thought the world was going to fall into his lap that fans turned on him.  He forgot you have to earn it, still.  And breaking team rules etc, etc.  Last year was mostly fans upset with his mechanics but not his character.  In fact, I'd say more people were mad at the coaches for not preparing him better as a third year starter than at Chase for trying. 

I'll never forgive him, in 2016, sitting out Louisville and throwing Morrell to the wolves, while completely medically cleared to play and then creating the situation that kept him out of WKU game, where we received the worst beating in our stadium, in history.  You want to kiss his ass for those things? Pucker up, Sturt. I don't need him to thank me or care if he does.  But it goes both ways.  He's an inconsistent average QB, at best, in Marshall's history.  And any game you can point to he won for us, I can point to two he lost for us pretty much single-handedly, meaning everyone else appeared to be doing their jobs.

Um... excuse me? Where the hell did that come from?

Offline MUther

« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2018, 03:18:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Um... excuse me? Where the hell did that come from?

From the "selective in which fans to thank" post.   Forgot to quote it I guess.

Offline _sturt_

« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2018, 03:21:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • From the "selective in which fans to thank" post.   Forgot to quote it I guess.

Sorry, still don't follow you. How that offended you is a mystery to me.

Offline Scottyo614

« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2018, 03:21:46 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm no QB analyst but I just don't see it. There are a lot of QBs in this draft. My guess would be FA and stick around on a team for development. I understand he is physically the type of guy the NFL wants but there's plenty of NFL body QBs probably ahead of him.

I have no insight but I suspect he has been told who the OC will be and it's someone that likes to run the QB. Leave now or possibly get benched and lose any stock you've created for NFL.

I should also add that I do hope he does well and would love him to be the next Tom Brady.

He has iffy mechanics but most NFL QB coaches thrive on fixing that. That’s a challenge they want from a mid round QB. He should do well in a pro style system, but we all know sometimes he has issues with starring WRs down. Also to a fault of the OC previously we don’t have routes you throw the WR open. He will have to learn that. He won’t be expected to play right away. He’s got a long road to go but measurables are in his favor to at least get a start. He’s literally the exact opposite of Catos draft run.

Offline W0lfman

« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2018, 03:25:25 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Sorry, still don't follow you. How that offended you is a mystery to me.
    where do you get he was offended?  i think he simply responded making his point.  obviously, i dont speak for MUther or any other poster, but why do you think he is offended?

Online herd1990

« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2018, 03:25:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • So Pennington was here 5 years, Leftwich 4 years, Cato 4 years but Chase is ready after 3?  What intrigues the scouts the most:  his side arm delivery, his 14 pics this year against CUSA talent, his leadership abilities displayed during his sophomore season, or his immense ego?  Just when I thought Litton was done with the pipe, he does this.  One more season would have helped him IMO.  Oh well, let’s hope Isaiah Greene is everything that CL wasn’t.
    « Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 03:27:21 PM by herd1990 »

The following users thanked this post: Flat Tire 2, The E-Man, SuperAnjario

Offline ijw

« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2018, 03:29:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He didn't catch hell his Freshman year.  It wasn't until he put on the #1 and thought the world was going to fall into his lap that fans turned on him.  He forgot you have to earn it, still.  And breaking team rules etc, etc.  Last year was mostly fans upset with his mechanics but not his character.  In fact, I'd say more people were mad at the coaches for not preparing him better as a third year starter than at Chase for trying. 

I'll never forgive him, in 2016, sitting out Louisville and throwing Morrell to the wolves, while completely medically cleared to play and then creating the situation that kept him out of WKU game, where we received the worst beating in our stadium, in history.  You want to kiss his ass for those things? Pucker up, Sturt.  I don't need him to thank me or care if he does.  But it goes both ways.  He's an inconsistent average QB, at best, in Marshall's history.  And any game you can point to he won for us, I can point to two he lost for us pretty much single-handedly, meaning everyone else appeared to be doing their jobs.
    This is exactly how I feel about him.  Peace out Chase.

The following users thanked this post: herd1990

Offline bbcard1

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #46 on: January 14, 2018, 03:32:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We once had a back-up QB go get some strong consideration in Seattle as a FA... what was his name?
     (?).

That's sort of an urban legend among herd fans. Derek Devine was a good kid and went to a few camps as a thrower, but I don't think ever had any serious consideration as a QB at a professional level, even CFL. His family was connected and he was happy enough to spend the summer on the roster. Got in a couple of preseason games with the Redskins. Some posters would try to use it as an argument of the quality of our bench players, the incorrectness of starting some other quarterback or some such nonsense.  There's no denying he was on some NFL trading rosters, he never had a real opportunity to make any roster.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2018, 03:32:58 PM »

Offline _sturt_

« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2018, 03:33:08 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • where do you get he was offended?  i think he simply responded making his point.  obviously, i dont speak for MUther or any other poster, but why do you think he is offended?

Yeah, you're right. I'm too sensitive. Shouldn't take "YOU want to kiss his ass for those things? Pucker up, STURT." as-if there's any antagonism intended.

Hell, Wolf, how do you miss the obvious question... how did my casual observations get interpreted as-if "I want to kiss his ass"... ? ? ?

Stupid silliness.

If you'd like to pursue it further, I'm open to discussing this via PM per the so-called rules.

Offline _sturt_

« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2018, 03:34:13 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That's sort of an urban legend among herd fans. Derek Devine was a good kid and went to a few camps as a thrower, but I don't think ever had any serious consideration as a QB at a professional level, even CFL. His family was connected and he was happy enough to spend the summer on the roster. Got in a couple of preseason games with the Redskins. Some posters would try to use it as an argument of the quality of our bench players, the incorrectness of starting some other quarterback or some such nonsense.  There's no denying he was on some NFL trading rosters, he never had a real opportunity to make any roster.

Put it this way... didn't he play in preseason for them? That's a whole lot more than I think any of us ever would have anticipated, no?

Offline bbcard1

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #49 on: January 14, 2018, 03:41:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Put it this way... didn't he play in preseason for them? That's a whole lot more than I think any of us ever would have anticipated, no?

He got a couple of late game series as a reward for being a good soldier. Not sure he threw a pass. He was not a Bernie Morris level talent.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2018, 03:41:00 PM »