Author Topic: Chuck Landon: MU players trying to cope with referees  (Read 509 times)

Offline biggreenarms

• Global Moderator
  • Franchise Owner
  • Smokin' Thunder, Blues Guitar, Hillbilly Chef
Chuck Landon: MU players trying to cope with referees
« on: February 01, 2018, 06:08:40 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    Stuart, for example, is known for calling technical fouls on Marshall's players and coaches.

He also has called an NCAA tournament national championship game.

But, most recently, Stuart tagged both Marshall star point guard Jon Elmore and Herd head coach Danny D'Antoni with technical fouls early in an eventual 112-87 loss to Western Kentucky in the Henderson Center.

What makes this even more relevant is Stuart is scheduled to officiate Marshall's game against UTSA at 8 p.m. Thursday in San Antonio.

The Herd Universe will be watching.

The same will be true of Gattis the next time he calls a Marshall game. During Marshall's 85-74 loss at Western Kentucky last Saturday, Gattis called a technical foul on Elmore and whistled a couple of questionable fouls on MU's Ajdin Penava.

So, does that make Stuart and Gattis bad people?

http://www.herald-dispatch.com/sports/marshall_sports/chuck-landon-mu-players-trying-to-cope-with-referees/article_971923a7-0fc8-5cba-ac5c-6bb0af3f769b.html

HerdFans.com

Chuck Landon: MU players trying to cope with referees
    « on: February 01, 2018, 06:08:40 AM »

Offline GreenWhite

Re: Chuck Landon: MU players trying to cope with referees
    « Reply #1 on: February 01, 2018, 08:13:28 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We need to be on our best behavior. Stuart is very thin skinned when it comes to being a referee. Coaching staff needs to tell the players they will handle the officials and for them not to say anything to them. I am hoping that Stuart got a good talking to by those who monitor officiating. I am not going to hold my breath.

Offline herdfan48

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2018, 04:33:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If they breathe the wrong way he’ll T them up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HerdFans.com

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2018, 04:33:09 PM »