Author Topic: 2016 Univ of Louisville at Marshall  (Read 1791 times)

Offline Big City

2016 Univ of Louisville at Marshall
« on: July 27, 2016, 04:58:34 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • http://www.cardchronicle.com/2016/7/26/12282240/2016-university-of-louisville-football-preview-marshall-thundering

Many have tabbed this game as a trap game since it lies between the matchups against Florida State and Clemson. While it does make sense to view this as a trap game, I'm not too worried about it. The Herd's defense is going to be highly inexperienced despite still having a couple good players on that side of the ball. Losing two linebackers and 3 of some of your more experienced D-linemen could lead to a big day of rushing from Lamar. On the offensive side of the ball, Litton is going to be a very good quarterback, but there's just too much inexperience after losing your top two receiving targets and leading rusher. The Cardinals defense is going to be too experienced and talented for Marshall's offense. While this could be a trap game and the Cards come out sluggish in the opening half, I don't envision
    « Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 06:41:50 AM by Big City »
    IronMan & Multisport Athlete
    2 x American Triple T Finisher
    Celebrated beer drinker

HerdFans.com

2016 Univ of Louisville at Marshall
    « on: July 27, 2016, 04:58:34 AM »

Offline goherd24

Re: 2016 Univ of Louisville at Marshall
    « Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 08:20:24 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • They must have forgotten how we have slayed them the last 5 or 6 times we have played. Can't wait to spank em.

Offline coloradoherd

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 09:12:56 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yeah, I'm surprised they didn't mention the last 4 meetings. 

Also, people said the same thing about our defense last year.  They said too many people had graduated and that there would be a defensive drop-off.  There wasn't. 

People don't realize the kind of athletes and depth that Doc has been recruiting, and also the consistency of having Heater back for his 4th year now. 

Offline herd2win

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2016, 09:15:09 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I hope our fans understand that UL is going to be a top 10 team when this game happens...their QB is big time and can make plays... Going to be the most difficult game home or away that the Herd has played in a long time.

Offline QuickStrike

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2016, 09:15:46 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Their taking us lightly could be our biggest advantage.

Offline MUonium

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2016, 09:33:02 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yeah, I'm surprised they didn't mention the last 4 meetings. 

Also, people said the same thing about our defense last year.  They said too many people had graduated and that there would be a defensive drop-off.  There wasn't. 

People don't realize the kind of athletes and depth that Doc has been recruiting, and also the consistency of having Heater back for his 4th year now.

i agree.  in addition, it was a fair and balanced general critique, seemingly without arrogance.  we want them at their best.  we've stepped up scheduling for a reason.  i believe we'll see improvement running the O/Chase.  since its a bit unknown...if i have a worry, it would be special teams/K.  every D1 knows not to take Marshall lightly no matter what.  finally, football is getting fun again.  i do sincerely believe with a little luck of the Herd variety of green, when can absolutely hit the 10w mark for the 4th consecutive year.

Offline BHFIOHIO

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2016, 10:58:40 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Players like CJ Reavis and Davon Durant don't show up on the recruiting networks and those two alone will make a big diff. Yulee eligible added to those negates the losses off the 2015 D. I also hope Hames comes out a diff maker but admittedly I don't know much about him. The fr CB is also gonna help smooth things over. More worried about WRs than the D.

Offline QuickStrike

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2016, 11:49:58 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • More worried about WRs than the D.

Same here......with Reaves & Allen gone, and McManus regressing last season the WR position becomes a worry until the group proves it is not a worry.

Offline BHFIOHIO

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2016, 03:25:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • and Lang being back is a huge plus also. K Gant, Reavis and Lang aces in the hole. Placing my bet right now.

Offline MarshallGrad

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2016, 08:47:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Their taking us lightly could be our biggest advantage.

Or maybe just Jeremy Keown, the blogger who wrote that, is. The 8 comments to his blog don't sound like they are taking us too lightly.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2016, 08:47:32 PM »