Author Topic: question for those going to the hole  (Read 1209 times)

Offline W0lfman

question for those going to the hole
« on: August 10, 2012, 09:16:42 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • where you tailgating? 

HerdFans.com

question for those going to the hole
    « on: August 10, 2012, 09:16:42 AM »

Offline Big City

Re: question for those going to the hole
    « Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 09:34:41 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Not sure yet. Is the Big Green hosting a tailgate? I usually park near that tailgate so I can continue my tailgating after I visit the BG. Prob near the basketball facility- either walk it or ride a bus to the stadium.
    IronMan & Multisport Athlete
    2 x American Triple T Finisher
    Celebrated beer drinker

Offline biggreenarms

• Global Moderator
    • Franchise Owner
    • Smokin' Thunder, Blues Guitar, Hillbilly Chef
    « Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 09:39:01 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Not sure yet. Is the Big Green hosting a tailgate? I usually park near that tailgate so I can continue my tailgating after I visit the BG. Prob near the basketball facility- either walk it or ride a bus to the stadium.

The coliseum is where we were last year and there were plenty of spaces available. Looking forward to meeting up with as many as we can.

Offline HerdBlizz

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 12:12:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Chick-Fil-A  parking lot beside Krogers.   Back rows are tree lined and a big field behind it...

Offline mutink

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2012, 10:55:31 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Chick-Fil-A  parking lot beside Krogers.   Back rows are tree lined and a big field behind it...
    +1

Offline HerdBlizz

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2012, 11:39:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • +1

Mutink     They tore down the old building in the lot that looked like a old school....

Offline W0lfman

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2012, 08:48:00 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • How far away from the stadium is Chick Fil A?  Do you ride a shuttle bus over to the stadium?  How much does it cost?  How early do you have to get there?  I think thats all I need to ask...

Offline HerdBlizz

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2012, 01:08:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It was $10.00 last year to park.  You walk over and it takes about 15 min to get to stadium.  There is a Krogers that you can run into and pick up anything you might have left off the menu.  Plus we use the bathrooms in Chick-Fil-a   Its a easy place to get to as well.   

Offline whf

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2012, 04:07:18 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Going up for the first time, and maps that folks have used to learn the area before would be appreciated ....post em all for those newbees like us can learn the area.

Offline biggreenarms

• Global Moderator
    • Franchise Owner
    • Smokin' Thunder, Blues Guitar, Hillbilly Chef
    « Reply #9 on: August 11, 2012, 04:43:35 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Going up for the first time, and maps that folks have used to learn the area before would be appreciated ....post em all for those newbees like us can learn the area.

+1 whf

W0lf, I tried to find the post this time last year from a very cordial eer fan that provided a map of the area and recommended places to tailgate but I cannot locate it. Would be good to post again if it can be found in the archives. I believe the poster that posted the information may have been faculty and lived on campus. Don't recall his moniker.

Offline Thunders

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2012, 07:50:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Wolf,

I highly recommend the lot beside the coliseum. I parked there for the 1st time last year and had a great time. You don't deal with all the crazy fans there. More family oriented plus the lot is free parking. They bus you over and back after the game and by doing that we avoided the drunk (@/:; and had a great time. The other times when I walked a distance is when you hear the mouths start running. An added plus is you can walk into the coliseum and use the restrooms as well. If I get tickets this year I will be there.
    Yoda says:    Blow the Mountaineers do!!

HerdFans.com

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2012, 07:50:07 PM »