Author Topic: FAU is proof...  (Read 2416 times)

Offline goherd24

FAU is proof...
« on: October 21, 2017, 07:20:36 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • That a good coach can dominate cusa, regardless of talent.

The following users thanked this post: THECHAMPISHERE

HerdFans.com

FAU is proof...
    « on: October 21, 2017, 07:20:36 PM »

Offline banker

Re: FAU is proof...
    « Reply #1 on: October 21, 2017, 07:51:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Slipping that crown on a little early, aren't you?  Texas teams traveling east usually have a hard time of it.   We beat Middle and ODU worse than they did and they lost to Buffalo.  They travel to WKU next week, let's see how that goes. 

The following users thanked this post: 2xBison, Flat Tire 2

Offline Apollo

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2017, 08:03:08 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Slipping that crown on a little early, aren't you?  Texas teams traveling east usually have a hard time of it.   We beat Middle and ODU worse than they did and they lost to Buffalo.  They travel to WKU next week, let's see how that goes.
    I crown nothing but they aren't the same team that lost to Buffalo. ESPN's FPI predictor has our FAU and UTSA games as toss ups. I'm not taking either lightly. ODU took WKU to the wire and led quite a bit so I doubt WKU will test them.

Offline goherd24

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2017, 08:20:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1

This team is not the same team. Teams with new systems and new coaches, especially, take a little time to find their groove. FAU now is exponentially better than the team you saw  earlier in the season. FAU going to wipe their (@/:; with us. I am sorry, but Doc isn't capable of beatiny Kiffin, and we have better talent, but Doc is 5 levels below Kiffin on the coaching scale. 

Offline MUther

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2017, 08:33:25 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This team is not the same team. Teams with new systems and new coaches, especially, take a little time to find their groove. FAU now is exponentially better than the team you saw  earlier in the season. FAU going to wipe their (@/:; with us. I am sorry, but Doc isn't capable of beatiny Kiffin, and we have better talent, but Doc is 5 levels below Kiffin on the coaching scale.

Heater isn't.  They haven't faced a stifling defense yet, all season. We can force mistakes and throw them off their tempo.  It's doable but we have to run like clockwork on D.

The following users thanked this post: biggreenarms, herdfan129

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2017, 08:36:28 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • Heater isn't.  They haven't faced a stifling defense yet, all season. We can force mistakes and throw them off their tempo.  It's doable but we have to run like clockwork on D.

I hope our D steps up bigtime in this game. But our D hasn't faced  an  offensive team like this, this year.

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2017, 08:37:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I hope our D steps up bigtime in this game. But our D hasn't faced  an  offensive team like this, this year.

This game will be more on our offense. We are definitely going to have to control the clock and score points.

The following users thanked this post: herdfifteen, herdfan129

Offline MUther

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2017, 08:46:14 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I hope our D steps up bigtime in this game. But our D hasn't faced  an  offensive team like this, this year.

We're the only ones in this conference playing any kind of defense.  And NCState had plenty of O to go around.  We would have done better against them but the refs killed any momentum on either side of the ball any time we got some.  They had enough offense to beat top ACC teams.  FAU would not do that, I don't care how much they've improved in a month.

All we need is to be disruptive.  Take them out of their gameplan.  They've not recovered when things weren't going right.  Pretty sure we can make things not go right for them. 

I'd also add that the west is much weaker than it seemed.  They have no marquis wins except Baylor which is not really that special in the grand scheme.   They've been beating the piss out of each other and talking about how good they are.  Well they finally hit a good east team and got smacked in the mouth.  And UNT has already beat 3 out of the 4 other top west teams.  I don't see them having a problem with LATech later on.

The following users thanked this post: RVCJJ3J

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2017, 09:16:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We are gonna know how good our D is in 2 weeks.

Offline Bob25526

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2017, 09:47:44 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • We are currently dominating as well?

Offline MrRobertPruett

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2017, 10:11:44 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • Lol I’m enjoying all the Lane Kiffin coaching love on here tonight, who knew he was such an incredible head coach? He’s always done so much with so little🙄. I give FAU props for a couple good weeks, but the CUSA West is awful and they still have to play us, I can’t wait!

The following users thanked this post: jstherd, 2xBison, Herdfan2005, RVCJJ3J

Offline pdunn

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2017, 10:18:12 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • Lol I’m enjoying all the Lane Kiffin coaching love on here tonight, who knew he was such an incredible head coach? He’s always done so much with so little🙄. I give FAU props for a couple good weeks, but the CUSA West is awful and they still have to play us, I can’t wait!

Kiffin is a good coach.  His problem always has been that if you look up the word d....bag in the dictionary there's a picture of Lane Kiffin.
    "On rainy days, the early justices would enliven case conferences with wine. On other days, even if the sun was shining, Chief Justice John Marshall would order wine anyway, saying, 'Our jurisdiction is so vast that it must be raining somewhere.' "

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2017, 10:18:12 PM »

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2017, 11:05:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Kiffin is a good coach.  His problem always has been that if you look up the word d....bag in the dictionary there's a picture of Lane Kiffin.

That's why USC athletic director Pat Haden fired Kiffin at L.A.X. airport, didn't even allow Kiffin to ride the team bus back to campus, lol.

Offline banker

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2017, 11:10:55 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Their offense is a sideline to sideline attack.  That plays right into the strength of our defense.

The following users thanked this post: 2xBison, The E-Man, Herdfan2005

Offline HERDFAN1999

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2017, 11:43:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Their offense is a sideline to sideline attack.  That plays right into the strength of our defense.

Agree.  I also believe Kiffin is arrogant and doesn't respond well to adversity.  We need to punch them early.

First things first though......FIU.

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.  The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - - Thomas Jefferson

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man, Herdfan2005

Offline coalherd

« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2017, 12:08:09 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Speaking of D-bags, did anyone see Hungoveragain's boys nearly pulling the choke of the season at Baylor?  Held on and stopped 2 point PAT with seconds to go.  "Baylor! . . . .Baylor! . . .Man, we talkin bout Baylor! . . ."  (Apologies to A. Iverson, I'm sure).   :D
    « Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 12:11:17 AM by coalherd »

Offline MUther

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2017, 08:34:06 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Agree.  I also believe Kiffin is arrogant and doesn't respond well to adversity.  We need to punch them early.

First things first though......FIU.

Like they say, every boxer has a plan till he gets hit.  Put that QB on the ground a few times early and he's gonna second guess everything.

Offline Herd-nficent

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2017, 08:38:25 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If Kiffen is so good, why has he progressively gone down hill over the years in the coaching ranks?
    "What we see depends on what we look for"

The following users thanked this post: Herdfan2005, RVCJJ3J

Offline jstherd

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2017, 08:53:14 AM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]4
  • The basketball first boys, many of them on this thread, are always going to question the ability of our FB coaching staff and build up others, i.e., Lane Kiffen.....and downplay our wins. As I stated a few days ago, the FB team is setting the bar hih for BB. We'll see how well they do with their cupcake schedule. Quite honestly, I hope they do well, because driving 3 hours to see a BB game, as I do, and then losing, makes for a long, long tyip!

Offline THECHAMPISHERE

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2017, 09:48:04 AM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]4
  • It's not that some of us are "basketball fans", or are "haters", or are always "so doggone negative". It's that some of us have eyeballs and a brain.

1. We haven't beaten 1 team with a winning record all year. The team's records that we have beaten are atrocious, and I won't take the time to look them up (ok I will, it's 13-34...13-34!!! The teams we have beaten on average are 2-6 right now). Our BEST win came against AAC (who many of you like to belittle as a crap conference) LAST PLACE in the East Division 2-6 Cincinnati. That's our best win. Attention, attention...that's our best win. 2-6 Cellar Dweller Cinci.

2. Kiffin has turned that program around in one year. They are rolling. I don't see how anyone can deny that. And like the OP said, it shows just how decent (look I didn't even say GREAT, just decent) coaching can instantly turn a team around in a league like this. Say what you want about him, but there is a reason he has got a shot at coaching in the NFL and at various P5s. Just like there is a reason that Doc hasn't.

3. The game against them will be at THEIR PLACE.

4. We may be ranked by then. Adding more fuel to FAU's fire.

5. As a fan, player, or coach...I would go into the game with some humility and respect for what they are doing...because if not, you're going to be humbled after the game.

The upcoming stretch of below average teams on this pitiful schedule scares me. We'll see if we are actually average to good. We've played nobody so far and have struggled with some of those nobodies...like Charlotte and ODU. Now we are going to take a step up to the below average part of our schedule.
    « Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 09:55:56 AM by THECHAMPISHERE »

Offline MUtim

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • All American
    • Member Since 08/2009
    « Reply #20 on: October 22, 2017, 09:51:28 AM »
  • [Like]3
  • [Dislike]0
  • The basketball first boys, many of them on this thread, are always going to question the ability of our FB coaching staff and build up others, i.e., Lane Kiffen.....and downplay our wins. As I stated a few days ago, the FB team is setting the bar hih for BB. We'll see how well they do with their cupcake schedule. Quite honestly, I hope they do well, because driving 3 hours to see a BB game, as I do, and then losing, makes for a long, long tyip!
    Hello pot...meet kettle.  That's twice you have referred to the basketball teams "cupcake schedule", but it's no surprise as you tend to take pot shots against anyone who is a D'Antoni fan.  You do realize our ootbsll schedule is currently ranked 103 out of 130 don't you? If you lack the math skills, that places us with 79% of D1 football teams as having a tougher schedule than us.  I will bet you right now our basketball schedule won't rank as low. 
    As for your potshot at herdorbust...how can any college football fan not be impressed with the 60 some points that FAU put up against UNT.  I thought that would be a close game.  Anyone using logic would think that will be a tough test for our D.  He didn't say anything negative but as usual you want to throw basketball under the bus in a football thread. 
    Our football team is doing great.  Better than I had hoped for and I had us pegged at 8-4.  You don't have to downgrade our basketball team to build up what our football team has accomplished so far.  You are exactly what you profess to being against.

The following users thanked this post: 2xBison, wasbarryb, horsrman, Apollo, The E-Man, herdfan129

Offline BHFIOHIO

« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2017, 10:03:19 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]2
  • yeah but maybe you missed the part where he said he drives 3 hrs to watch BB? And we do have a couple BB fans so tough on FB they might be trolls..just the way it is. True we haven't played anyone but 6 and 1 still great after last yr and nothing wrong with saying so.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2017, 10:03:19 AM »

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2017, 10:50:47 AM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • I look at it as I'm a fan of each sport the same....I'm also happy where each program is right now.  Honestly, with all objectivity if I had a pick a coach/staff from each sport as the over achiever and one as the under achiever it's a pretty easy choice.
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

Offline SuperAnjario

« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2017, 11:11:44 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]4
  • It's not that some of us are "basketball fans", or are "haters", or are always "so doggone negative". It's that some of us have eyeballs and a brain.

1. We haven't beaten 1 team with a winning record all year. The team's records that we have beaten are atrocious, and I won't take the time to look them up (ok I will, it's 13-34...13-34!!! The teams we have beaten on average are 2-6 right now). Our BEST win came against AAC (who many of you like to belittle as a crap conference) LAST PLACE in the East Division 2-6 Cincinnati. That's our best win. Attention, attention...that's our best win. 2-6 Cellar Dweller Cinci.

2. Kiffin has turned that program around in one year. They are rolling. I don't see how anyone can deny that. And like the OP said, it shows just how decent (look I didn't even say GREAT, just decent) coaching can instantly turn a team around in a league like this. Say what you want about him, but there is a reason he has got a shot at coaching in the NFL and at various P5s. Just like there is a reason that Doc hasn't.

3. The game against them will be at THEIR PLACE.

4. We may be ranked by then. Adding more fuel to FAU's fire.

5. As a fan, player, or coach...I would go into the game with some humility and respect for what they are doing...because if not, you're going to be humbled after the game.

The upcoming stretch of below average teams on this pitiful schedule scares me. We'll see if we are actually average to good. We've played nobody so far and have struggled with some of those nobodies...like Charlotte and ODU. Now we are going to take a step up to the below average part of our schedule.

Worst poster on any Herd site right here.

The following users thanked this post: tradebait, 2xBison, horsrman

Offline MUonium

« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2017, 11:17:03 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I look at it as I'm a fan of each sport the same....I'm also happy where each program is right now.  Honestly, with all objectivity if I had a pick a coach/staff from each sport as the over achiever and one as the under achiever it's a pretty easy choice.

that's how i see it.  nothin wrong with constructive or any criticism based of FACT (which i'm learning to do), nothing wrong with guarded praise.  can't neatly box every game or every fan or supposed trolls for that matter.  we might have that down to the wire finish with anybody left on schedule...isn't that what everybody sort of wants...a strong Herd and strong cusa/opponents? i won't bitch if it's a nail biter, win or lose

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2017, 11:17:03 AM »