Author Topic: FAU is proof...  (Read 2418 times)

Re: FAU is proof...
« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2017, 10:42:18 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • So who has FAU beaten that has you all so afraid of them? UNT? Other than that they have beaten two opponents the Herd has beaten, and lost to a make school in WEEK 4. Not the first week when they were still learning the system and things were new. I don’t doubt they’ll play tough and have talent, and being that it’s at home, but I think you’re giving them far too much credit. Kiffin has gotten the NFL and P5 jobs riding daddy’s coat tails and that’s it. He’s not great or USC wouldn’t have canned him. FIU is coming off a decent win over a much improved Tulane. UTSA is still going to be a tough one ad I wouldn’t count WKU out just yet either. But FAU is no world beater. They have one high scoring win over a 4-3 cusa west team.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2017, 10:42:18 PM »

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2017, 11:33:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • So who has FAU beaten that has you all so afraid of them? UNT? Other than that they have beaten two opponents the Herd has beaten, and lost to a make school in WEEK 4. Not the first week when they were still learning the system and things were new. I don’t doubt they’ll play tough and have talent, and being that it’s at home, but I think you’re giving them far too much credit. Kiffin has gotten the NFL and P5 jobs riding daddy’s coat tails and that’s it. He’s not great or USC wouldn’t have canned him. FIU is coming off a decent win over a much improved Tulane. UTSA is still going to be a tough one ad I wouldn’t count WKU out just yet either. But FAU is no world beater. They have one high scoring win over a 4-3 cusa west team.

Nobody said anyone "feared them". But let me turn the question around for you, and be honest. Who have we beat that would make them fear us? And they may have only one high scoring win. But who else has rushed for 400 yds avg the last 3 weeks. Not counting passing yardage. If we had of avg 400 yds the last 3 weeks we would be hearing how we are the best rushing team in America hands down. Any team should get credit for what they do instead of pretending 400yds rushing and 900 yds of offense is no big deal. Gaurantee if we were racking up those numbers we would be saying this offense is better than Pennington, Leftwich and Moss teams especially since they can't do anything for us now?

« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2017, 08:33:52 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • And those yards came against who? They run a vastly different style of offense than we do. If they aren't racking up huge numbers they lost. And often when they do they still lose. They gained 412 yards of offense against Buffalo and lost because they gave up 458. They had 326 against Navy and gave up 526. They gained 248 against Wisconsin and gave up 564. They gained 439 against MTSU and still gave up 454. They gained 550 against ODU and still gave up 411. In the big win over NT they still gave up 402 yards of offense. They're offense is supposed to be their defense. If they aren't out gaining you then they lose. That is the style of offense they play. Our offense is predicated on scoring points, while maintaining TOP and keeping the other offenses off the field. I don't believe their offense is good enough to put up those types of numbers on our defense. Anytime they've run into a team that plays good defense they've lost. Our offense could put up the same numbers if we played in the style they play in. And with the amount of Herd supporters on here already calling the game a loss for us, then yes I would say that some of you FEAR them.

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2017, 11:40:33 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don't fear tem at . I fear us. Until we play someone with a pulse I will fear us. Once we prove we can beat good teams I will fear Doc and Legg. The problem is we wo' ge that chance because all that is left is mediocre teams lie FAU, WKU and UTSA. None of those teams are feared around the college football world. But the problem is they are better than the little sisters of the poor we have played so far.

Offline bighat

« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2017, 02:40:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Respect everyone, fear no one.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2017, 02:40:33 PM »