Author Topic: Game Thread--North Texas  (Read 11084 times)

Offline ijw

Re: Game Thread--North Texas
« Reply #200 on: October 08, 2016, 10:28:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Our much talked about offensive line is terrible.

Center blocked no one on that play while a blitz unloaded on litton.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #200 on: October 08, 2016, 10:28:49 PM »

Offline Herd4U

« Reply #201 on: October 08, 2016, 10:30:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Litton didn't look at any other player. Just stared him down, like he did all night. I'm sorry, I hope we can beat Charlotte, but otherwise...1-11?

Offline Herd at Work

• Junior Varsity
    • Still wearin the green- and still winnin
    « Reply #202 on: October 08, 2016, 10:32:02 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The vaunted offensive line is getting beat badly
    "At Marshall we play for championships"-Bob Pruett

Offline pdunn

« Reply #203 on: October 08, 2016, 10:32:46 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Time to fire Doc. We are 3-9 it's time to stop the experiment. Hire a young guy and start over.

We've bought him for another four years I think, so not going to happen soon.
    "On rainy days, the early justices would enliven case conferences with wine. On other days, even if the sun was shining, Chief Justice John Marshall would order wine anyway, saying, 'Our jurisdiction is so vast that it must be raining somewhere.' "

Offline dshoe

« Reply #204 on: October 08, 2016, 10:32:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Sad state of affairs!!!!!!  Sad

Offline ought-three

« Reply #205 on: October 08, 2016, 10:33:17 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm just baffled at what is happening to this team.

Offline luvherd

« Reply #206 on: October 08, 2016, 10:33:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • They have no heart.
    MU Alum
    Big Green Member

Offline coalherd

« Reply #207 on: October 08, 2016, 10:34:19 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Like two ships passing in the night.  One captained by a young, energetic coach with innovative schemes, variations on offense and defense, etc., while the other led by aging, stoic, unenthusiastic coach with similar O coordinator, and perhaps D coordinator, who stubbornly cling to conservative, simplistic and outdated schemes.  If its obvious to the average Herd fan, then how can it NOT BE OBVIOUS to AD and administration?  And, more importantly, will said AD and administration have the GRAVITAS to take necessary action and make needed changes???

Offline dshoe

« Reply #208 on: October 08, 2016, 10:34:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 1-4

Unbelievable..... Best talent ever, quote from Doc......so what's wrong??

The following users thanked this post: Herdalum83

Offline muherd95

« Reply #209 on: October 08, 2016, 10:35:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Thankfully it's finally over. Miserable to watch.

Offline dshoe

« Reply #210 on: October 08, 2016, 10:38:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Litton didn't look at any other player. Just stared him down, like he did all night. I'm sorry, I hope we can beat Charlotte, but otherwise...1-11?

He didn't stare him down, he turned and threw without even looking at the coverage.....kid anticipated and jumped the route.....that one is on Chase, but not for staring down the receiver......but for not seeing the cover

The following users thanked this post: BSD

Offline Apollo

« Reply #211 on: October 08, 2016, 10:38:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • 1-4

You can either point to lack of talent or lack of coaching and since doc says best talent ever it must be the coaches you so vehemently defend every week. Wake up.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #211 on: October 08, 2016, 10:38:29 PM »

Offline pdunn

« Reply #212 on: October 08, 2016, 10:39:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 1-4

Apathy.  Too many dismissals.  QB's sophomore slump.  Complacent staff.  Finally scheduled some OOC teams with a pulse.  Regression to the mean.  Texas curse.  There are about a dozen other things that could be said.  Bottom line--this team is a turd.  And you can't polish a turd.
    "On rainy days, the early justices would enliven case conferences with wine. On other days, even if the sun was shining, Chief Justice John Marshall would order wine anyway, saying, 'Our jurisdiction is so vast that it must be raining somewhere.' "

Offline coalherd

« Reply #213 on: October 08, 2016, 10:44:17 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You can either point to lack of talent or lack of coaching and since doc says best talent ever it must be the coaches you so vehemently defend every week. Wake up.

Right on Apollo.  Hell, if you question Doc vocally at a game, some numbnuts who thinks he "walks on water" may want to pound your ass.  I'm sure his post game comments will no doubt note his "chosen" QB's youth and inexperience, all the while ignoring fact that NTSU's QB was a true frosh who made our WHOLE D look like a bunch of slow thinking, poor tackling gaggle of Props!!

Offline HerdBlizz

« Reply #214 on: October 08, 2016, 10:46:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I just hope that everyone that yelled " we need to pony up a raise for Doc" a few years back are happy!!!!!

Offline elginherd

« Reply #215 on: October 08, 2016, 10:57:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He didn't stare him down, he turned and threw without even looking at the coverage.....kid anticipated and jumped the route.....that one is on Chase, but not for staring down the receiver......but for not seeing the cover

There is an egg-&-chicken argument here: Obviously, the QB is not prepped to play, either from film study or basic fundamentals. That could be on Coach Legg OR on Chase, if Chase isn't accepting the coaching he's getting, OR it's a combination of both Chase & Legg, plus the O-line whiffing on blocks.

In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

Offline dshoe

« Reply #216 on: October 08, 2016, 11:12:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You can either point to lack of talent or lack of coaching and since doc says best talent ever it must be the coaches you so vehemently defend every week. Wake up.

I don't defend them at all..........The simply say that no coach calls a play that he doesn't think will work and if everyone executes, will work most of the time..........  You totally mistake what I say.....  or you just don't read the posts........Offense lacks imagination, execution is  very poor, receivers get little to no separation........haven't run a toss or thrown to backs forever (one play vs. Louisville or Pitt that went for good yardage), but my issue is lack of discipline evidenced by way too many penalties and lack of execution.......we can argue scheme all we want, but not matter the scheme, you have to execute and we are sloppy at best.

Offline ThunderValley

« Reply #217 on: October 08, 2016, 11:12:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don't suppose our AD watched any of these games because he has his head stuck up coaching staff butt.

Offline Apollo

« Reply #218 on: October 08, 2016, 11:27:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don't defend them at all..........The simply say that no coach calls a play that he doesn't think will work and if everyone executes, will work most of the time..........  You totally mistake what I say.....  or you just don't read the posts........Offense lacks imagination, execution is  very poor, receivers get little to no separation........haven't run a toss or thrown to backs forever (one play vs. Louisville or Pitt that went for good yardage), but my issue is lack of discipline evidenced by way too many penalties and lack of execution.......we can argue scheme all we want, but not matter the scheme, you have to execute and we are sloppy at best.

I don't disagree with much of that but you have defended Legg like someone is holding a gun to your head. Instead you pawn the blame to Doc and Hamrick, which yes they are partly to blame for not stepping in to say get your head out of your ass or get out, but he is paid to do a job period and he's not. I guarantee if I decide not to teach and instead let my kids do crossword puzzles everyday, my principal won't be the one fired. He has a responsibility too. You can't pin it all on Doc and Hamrick.

Offline Flat Tire 2

« Reply #219 on: October 09, 2016, 07:13:49 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don't disagree with much of that but you have defended Legg like someone is holding a gun to your head. Instead you pawn the blame to Doc and Hamrick, which yes they are partly to blame for not stepping in to say get your head out of your ass or get out, but he is paid to do a job period and he's not. I guarantee if I decide not to teach and instead let my kids do crossword puzzles everyday, my principal won't be the one fired. He has a responsibility too. You can't pin it all on Doc and Hamrick.

The principal should be fired too, for accepting your poor performance.

Doc spent about 20 years coaching at wvu and they never even considered him for the head coaching position. That tells you something. The people that knew him the best would never hire him as a head coach.

I like Mike and he has done an outstanding job with building up the program., But you have to wonder about some of the head hires he has made at his previous schools.

Mike Hamrick is the current athletic director of the Marshall Thundering Herd. He previously served as AD for the UNLV Rebels, East Carolina Pirates and UALR Trojans.[1] He is a Marshall University alumnus. At the conclusion of the 2013 season, Hamrick's head football coach hires have a combined record of 46-87.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Hamrick

And Hamrick did hire Tom Herrion. I hope Danny's hiring turns out well.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 07:23:41 AM by Flat Tire 2 »

Offline dshoe

« Reply #220 on: October 09, 2016, 09:29:41 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don't disagree with much of that but you have defended Legg like someone is holding a gun to your head. Instead you pawn the blame to Doc and Hamrick, which yes they are partly to blame for not stepping in to say get your head out of your ass or get out, but he is paid to do a job period and he's not. I guarantee if I decide not to teach and instead let my kids do crossword puzzles everyday, my principal won't be the one fired. He has a responsibility too. You can't pin it all on Doc and Hamrick.

Apollo,  I simply put the onus on the people who control the evaluations..... The fact that Bill Legg is still the OC tells you that his supervisor/s have been satisfied with his performance for quite sometime.  It's the job of administrators to assess skill sets, put people in the positions to be successful, make sure they have the resources they need to be successful and to evaluate them in accordance to their performance with respect to those criterion.  On the whole, few would argue that he (Bill Legg) has been at least moderately successful.......when he/they made the decision several years ago with Rakeem Cato to go to the most up-tempo offensive scheme in the country, MU and BL (as well as Doc) were seen as innovative and it set the stage for what has happened since (more than moderate success), however, there is no question we have seen a definite drop in "creativity" and innovation in the past 2 years, despite being told that the talent level has improved each year.......(I'd argue that point with respect to Cato and the 2 QB's that have followed, as well as RB's that have followed DJ, Butler and others), but none the less, that has been the evaluation of "resources" by the guys in charge.

The following users thanked this post: Apollo

Offline The Right Stuff

« Reply #221 on: October 09, 2016, 12:54:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The "guys" in charge.  That says a lot dshoe.

TRS
    MU 71

HerdFans.com

« Reply #221 on: October 09, 2016, 12:54:40 PM »

Offline QuickStrike

« Reply #222 on: October 09, 2016, 01:19:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The "guys" in charge.  That says a lot dshoe.

TRS
    MU 71

The "guys" in charge are long time buddies. (Hamrick, Doc, Legg, Heater)

I've got a similar situation in my company where 2 old goofballs get big pay, and provide little results or value.  I want to get rid of them, but they are long time buddies with the CEO.

Offline coalherd

« Reply #223 on: October 09, 2016, 04:02:36 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The principal should be fired too, for accepting your poor performance.

Doc spent about 20 years coaching at wvu and they never even considered him for the head coaching position. That tells you something. The people that knew him the best would never hire him as a head coach.

I like Mike and he has done an outstanding job with building up the program., But you have to wonder about some of the head hires he has made at his previous schools.

Mike Hamrick is the current athletic director of the Marshall Thundering Herd. He previously served as AD for the UNLV Rebels, East Carolina Pirates and UALR Trojans.[1] He is a Marshall University alumnus. At the conclusion of the 2013 season, Hamrick's head football coach hires have a combined record of 46-87.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Hamrick

And Hamrick did hire Tom Herrion. I hope Danny's hiring turns out well.

If anything, Flat Tire, Hamrick's hiring record is probably WORSE IN BASKETBALL.  Remember, he had hired Herrion's brother Bill at ECU and that was a major bust according to Pirate fans.  Plus, we had people come on these message boards WARNING Herd fans about the disarray, discipline, off the court issues that TH had had at the College of Charleston.  Just like at MU, Herrion used the players left by the previous staff to have a couple of good seasons but then the program quickly went down the toilet.  Hamrick made a good hire, Lon Kruger, at UNLV, I believe, but his BB hires as a whole haven't been very good.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #223 on: October 09, 2016, 04:02:36 PM »