Author Topic: Big 12 to add 4 teams in 2017  (Read 14729 times)

Offline Flat Tire 2

Re: Big 12 to add 4 teams in 2017
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2016, 06:32:55 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • I love you brother, but i am not sure I agree. Would being the lowest of the low man on AAC...not in terms of competitiveness but in terms of pecking order and budget be better than being the bellcow of CUSA? A better thought...have a backroom meeting of the best of CUSA and AAC eastern oriented schools and form a new conference, those not invited to the grown up table. These would include possibly Marshall, Southern Miss, MTSU, WKU, ECU, UCF, USF, Temple, Cincy, Memphis, ODU, UConn and possibly UAB. We might also pick up App or GA Southern from the Sunbelt and possibly see if OU would be interested, though I doubt they would. This would also liberate the western schools to form a more realistic conference for travel and rivalry purposes. I know it is not the way it has been done, but we are not getting where we want to go by doing thing the way they have always been done.

I am surprise you didn't add Liberty; EKU; Morehead and Morris Harvey to your list.  ;D

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2016, 06:32:55 PM »

Offline GoGreen1980

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2016, 06:46:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You must be suffering from heat stoke.  No herd fan can be that dumb.

You would rather stay in a conference that will be on par with the Sunbelt rather than swallow your pride and play regional schools that we have a history with? Not to mention make more money...yeah call me crazy

Offline FlyHawk98

« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2016, 08:39:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We better be doing all we can to get into the AAC.

Everyone needs to email/tweet Hamrick and make sure he knows thats how we feel.

Offline DJdaHERDfan

« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2016, 09:27:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • I hate to burst everyones AAC bubble but i hate to tell y'all that this administration ain't gonna do squat. They are very content in cusa and feel that they are in the best situation of the have nots and only see another move if it was for a power conference.
    They see the AAC as a lateral move at best and not warranted especially the millions of dollars involved for a said move.
    This is it, fellows.
    Its CUSA until a miracle invite to a power conference
    IT'S TAILGATING SEASON!

Offline FlyHawk98

« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2016, 10:45:59 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • The day we stay content in CUSA as So Miss, ODU and others move on is the day I drop my season tickets.

If we try and just don't get in, that will be one thing. We have to at least try.

Offline bbcard1

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #30 on: July 20, 2016, 11:02:19 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • All things aside, I am glad Mike is the AD right now.

Offline Thunders

« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2016, 11:56:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Poll just taken of B12 coaches and they favor Houston and BYU (both received 5 votes out of 10).

Never thought I'd see the day Houston wins a big bowl and then gets a Big 12 invite. Quite the opposite of where I pictured that school

Marshall can take Houston's place...
    Yoda says:    Blow the Mountaineers do!!

Offline Thunders

« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2016, 12:00:24 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I hate to burst everyones AAC bubble but i hate to tell y'all that this administration ain't gonna do squat. They are very content in cusa and feel that they are in the best situation of the have nots and only see another move if it was for a power conference.
    They see the AAC as a lateral move at best and not warranted especially the millions of dollars involved for a said move.
    This is it, fellows.

How is over $1 million more in TV revenue a lateral move? How is playing almost all power conference teams in bowl games a lateral move. This would be a no brainer
    Yoda says:    Blow the Mountaineers do!!

The following users thanked this post: FlyHawk98

Offline coalherd

« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2016, 12:29:25 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Poll just taken of B12 coaches and they favor Houston and BYU (both received 5 votes out of 10).

Marshall can take Houston's place...

If this coaches poll is accurate and followed by the decision makers in the B12, then WVU had better pray hard that more than 2 schools are added.  Cause these 2 schools do NOTHING to the issue of giving WVU a closer in conference rival, travel partner, etc.  Cincy and maybe Memphis or UConn do, but the B12 will have to add at least 4 schools.  Let the speculation, the wheelin and dealin, back room deals, cash and other offers, and politickin begin!!!!!

Offline MUalumni0912

« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2016, 12:30:03 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
    This is it, fellows.

Pessimism is strong with this one...

Glad that we have someone direct from the AD staff and not some bellowing idiot who heard from their cousins boyfriend's uncle's grandfather's barber...that the AD isn't doing anything...
    Oh wait.

Ditch the pessimism man...its bad for you.

Offline MUalumni0912

« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2016, 12:32:22 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If this coaches poll is accurate and followed by the decision makers in the B12, then WVU had better pray hard that more than 2 schools are added.  Cause these 2 schools do NOTHING to the issue of giving WVU a closer in conference rival, travel partner, etc.  Cincy and maybe Memphis or UConn do, but the B12 will have to add at least 4 schools.  Let the speculation, the wheelin and dealin, back room deals, cash and other offers, and politickin begin!!!!!

I said the exact same thing...thats why I am hoping Air Force throws their name in...along with USF, and BYU or even Colorado State...cause wvu will just halfway put their arms up then drop them in the 'I surrender/what are you doing?' Pose...tear up, and realize their life REALLY sucks.

Offline goherd24

« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2016, 01:14:16 AM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • This is it, boys and girls. If we don't get out of this dumpster they call cusa in this round, we are stuck forever. The AAC is the old cusa, and thats honestly where we need to be. It would be an absolute disaster if we end up in CUSA 4.0. Cusa is already bad enough but you take USM, and  WKU, MTSU, or La Tech away, and its worse than the sunbelt.

Its AAC or the MAC for us. Cusa 4.0, we want no part of.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2016, 01:14:16 AM »

Online gochneaur645

« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2016, 01:22:05 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If you think C-USA to the AAC right now is a lateral move, you're wrong.

If you think C-USA to the AAC is a lateral move after they poach 3 or 4 C-USA teams, you're insane.

Offline Pinetree

• Rookie
    « Reply #38 on: July 21, 2016, 05:48:43 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Let's not forget Boise St. Could be thrown into the mix

Offline Ovaltine Jenkins

« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2016, 06:52:04 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If the landscape changes, I believe that the MWC won't stand pat and could add a couple of schools as well.

Offline MUalumni0912

« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2016, 12:07:31 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If the landscape changes, I believe that the MWC won't stand pat and could add a couple of schools as well.

Let them...the CUSA West schools absolutely suck.

Offline MUalumni0912

« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2016, 12:12:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • However,

Damn wouldn't be hilarious if the Big 12 said,

"We are adding Marshall and Cincy, to accomodate wvu and their geographic location as well as travel issues."

I would seriously lose my mind at wvu's reaction to that, lol.

Offline svherd

« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2016, 04:42:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Pessimism is strong with this one...

Glad that we have someone direct from the AD staff and not some bellowing idiot who heard from their cousins boyfriend's uncle's grandfather's barber...that the AD isn't doing anything...
    Oh wait.

Ditch the pessimism man...its bad for you.

Classy!

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline Huffnagel

« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2016, 06:00:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    This is it, fellows.
    I hope this information that had been shared with you turns out to be false.
    It's Great Being a Thundering Herd Football Fan!!!

Follow Us on Twitter!
    Follow HerdFans on Twitter @HerdFans_

Follow Us on Facebook!
    Follow HerdFans on Facebook @realHerdFans

Offline DJdaHERDfan

« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2016, 07:40:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Hey I love drinking the green kool-aid as much as anyone.

I personally would love for Marshall to go to the AAC or better yet, a power conference.

What my post states is that Marshall's Adminstration feels that a conference move from one have not conference to another have not conference, is a lateral move at best.
    They have stated this in the past about conference jumping with the last realignment.

So before you go full retard on me and accuse me of being negative or whatever, read and understand the post.
    IT'S TAILGATING SEASON!

Offline NewfieHerdFan

« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2016, 05:45:29 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    This is it, fellows.

Unfortunately, I feel this is true. Financially speaking, I don't think Marshall will pull the trigger if asked. I know it's early, but I'm curious as to what the exit and entrance fees would be? Given what I've read about Marshall's athletic budget, etc., could it pull off a conference change? And this is all based on if the AAC would even want Marshall, which I'm not sure is the case. Again, given what I've read, it appears the AAC prefers like-minded schools (budgets, facilities, no props).
    Depending on the number of schools that will be leaving the AAC (2-3), you'd think Southern Miss and Old Dominion would be the front runners. If Houston leaves, there is a lot of talk that Rice would move up so the AAC would still have a foot (albeit a small one) in the Houston market.
    Overall, I'd love to see Marshall go the the AAC. I'm just nervous that it won't happen...

Offline FlyHawk98

« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2016, 07:21:30 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Exit fee couldn't be that much with our current TV deal the way it is.

Entrance fees can be paid out of over time with a percentage of AAC payout covering the cost for a few years.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2016, 07:21:30 AM »

Offline herdgameplan

« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2016, 07:52:41 AM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • How much money do we need to get into a P5 conference? Were it possible such funding became available to throw our hat into the ring for even an ACC spot? I would like to see a Bus Plan both for academics & sports ...soup to nuts! Who has it and where can I get it? Because no one on any Marshall website gives us a chance at anything much these days! Thank God, the youth at Marshall has not been beaten down with life like a lot of us koolaid drinkers! We owe it not only to the 75 also, in reality the future of Marshall to dream bigger and not give up! Do not give up because of money! You have one of the best fan bases around not all that wealthy for our wealth is in the quality of our people, our family!

Offline FlyHawk98

« Reply #48 on: July 22, 2016, 09:36:10 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We have some very deep pockets with some of our alumni.

No idea if they would throw serious money to see us move to a P5 or not though.

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #49 on: July 22, 2016, 10:24:05 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • P5 is not an option at all can we stick to possible AAC?
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

HerdFans.com

« Reply #49 on: July 22, 2016, 10:24:05 AM »