Author Topic: Kyre Allison commits?  (Read 28699 times)

Offline bigwormy

Kyre Allison commits?
« on: April 07, 2016, 12:30:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Per Twitter grant Traylor confirmed his commitment with the herd.
    if you want more oil at a cheaper price vote republican. if you want the same amount of oil in current supply at a higher price, vote democrat and for a windfall profit tax!

HerdFans.com

Kyre Allison commits?
    « on: April 07, 2016, 12:30:05 PM »

Offline TDHerd!

Re: Kyre Allison commits?
    « Reply #1 on: April 07, 2016, 01:05:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yes that's why all the social media outlets have reported, I don't know anything about him other than he is 6'2" and is a combo guard I believe.

Offline morpheus

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2016, 01:15:31 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  

Offline HerdKelly

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2016, 01:40:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Apparently he doesn't have a profile on Rivals/Scout/ESPN.  Anyone happen to know what other offers he may have had?

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2016, 01:58:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The kid is a baller!  He has quick crossovers, can beat his man off the dribble, and he can break down a defense with his penetration.

Offline wesnky

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2016, 02:13:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Apparently he doesn't have a profile on Rivals/Scout/ESPN.  Anyone happen to know what other offers he may have had?

I believe Wichita State

Offline MUonium

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2016, 02:19:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • can't recall...anybody else a lefty?

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2016, 02:54:45 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • According to Grant: In Allison, Marshall gets an athletic combo guard who will mostly play point. Great scorer who finds ways to make plays. Good get for MU.

https://twitter.com/GrantTraylor

Offline Herdfan2005

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2016, 03:18:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Marshall, Ohio and Wichita State were his offers.  I remember seeing this kid when he was in the seventh grade.  Honestly I think its a great get for Dan.

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2016, 03:20:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Herd extend offer to Allison

http://portsmouth-dailytimes.com/sports/6857/herd-extend-offer-to-allison

Pretty good story on him

Offline HerdKelly

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2016, 03:22:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • So he comes in next year?  Assume someone is leaving?

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2016, 03:49:13 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Marshall, Ohio and Wichita State were his offers.  I remember seeing this kid when he was in the seventh grade.  Honestly I think its a great get for Dan.

I agree with you a 100%.. I've been saying all year, we needed a guard who could penetrate and break down a defense. Elmore is a good guard for us, he's not as quick as Allison though. I think with Allison running the one and Elmore at the 2, we will be very very hard to defend just my opinion.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2016, 03:49:13 PM »

Offline iherdya

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2016, 03:57:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I agree with you a 100%.. I've been saying all year, we needed a guard who could penetrate and break down a defense. Elmore is a good guard for us, he's not as quick as Allison though. I think with Allison running the one and Elmore at the 2, we will be very very hard to defend just my opinion.

the thing is, stevie and cj are both REALLY good at penetrating and breaking down the defense, we just don't usually do that with our scheme, it's more of a pick and roll scheme from the point, instead of attacking from the wings.

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2016, 04:00:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • the thing is, stevie and cj are both REALLY good at penetrating and breaking down the defense, we just don't usually do that with our scheme, it's more of a pick and roll scheme from the point, instead of attacking from the wings.

Stevie and CJ are not as quick as this Allison kid and besides he can finish strong. I'm telling you, after watching film on this kid, he's the real deal and a steal for us. Go back and watch the film and study Allison's crossover, no one on the team can do it as quick as him.

Offline iherdya

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2016, 04:01:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Stevie and CJ are not as quick as this Allison kid and besides he can finish strong. I'm telling you, after watching film on this kid, he's the real deal and a steal for us.

i'm excited for allison, but i think you're vastly underselling cj and stevie. i hope he's the real deal, but we know stevie and cj are the real deal, they've proven themselves at this level.

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2016, 04:04:18 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • i'm excited for allison, but i think you're vastly underselling cj and stevie. i hope he's the real deal, but we know stevie and cj are the real deal, they've proven themselves at this level.

I'm very aware of Stevie and C.J. it is what it is, I'm not "underselling neither one" Did you ever play the game? if so, where? I've played with some of the best talent "during my time".
    « Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 02:56:38 PM by The E-Man »

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2016, 04:18:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • i'm excited for allison, but i think you're vastly underselling cj and stevie. i hope he's the real deal, but we know stevie and cj are the real deal, they've proven themselves at this level.

Go back and look at the (4:12 mark, and you will see Allison literally breaking number 12 legs)... Allison's quickness and his shake and bake is something you can't teach.

Offline MUonium

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2016, 04:37:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • DD is keeping his word.  the label mold is breaking on traditional player positions.  we have about a dozen of what used to be called guards and about 4 of something else, at least at the moment  :)

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2016, 04:52:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• [ Invalid YouTube link ]

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2016, 05:03:46 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Local Ohio seniors to take the floor in Ohio-Kentucky All-Star Classic

Basketball season isn't quite over yet for some senior standouts in Ohio.

Chesapeake's Gage Rhoades, Portsmouth's Ky're Allison, Ironton's Lexie Barrier, River Valley's Leia Moore and South Webster's Kacie Hall will all suit up for the Ohio side in the 2016 Ohio-Kentucky All-Star Classic scheduled April 9 at Thomas More College in Crestview Hills, Ky.

http://www.herald-dispatch.com/sports/high_school_sports/local-ohio-seniors-to-take-the-floor-in-ohio-kentucky/article_8ea94b59-9c1b-5b13-a774-285eadd32534.html

Offline HerdKelly

« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2016, 05:35:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This is a really late commitment (Kid will enroll in school in just a few months).  Hope it doesn't mean someone unexpected is gone.

Offline chris88

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2016, 05:53:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • MU was watching him for awhile....I think when the kid from Hawaii went pro, it opened something up.  DD will make scholly numbers work.

Allison is D3 Ohio Player of Year.  A lot of times kids outside the metro areas don't get the pub. His film is very impressive to me.  I think he'll help take pressure off Elmore and his ability will also help breaking teams that try to press us more...he can also get up to rebound.
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2016, 05:53:51 PM »

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2016, 05:56:28 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This is a really late commitment (Kid will enroll in school in just a few months).  Hope it doesn't mean someone unexpected is gone.

I don't like using the term, "a wasted scholarship"  however, there's a few players that lack the talent to compete at the D-1 level on our team.

Offline pembrook burrows III

« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2016, 06:01:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • National letter of intent day is not until next Wednesday.

Offline FlyHawk98

« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2016, 06:03:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I am very excited about this kid. He is local and it looks like he can ball.

When was the last time we got a kid who had an offer from Wichita St, or a team of that caliber?

I think he will play a lot next year as a true FR.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2016, 06:03:03 PM »