Author Topic: Chuck Landon: Huggins keeps taking recruits from Marshall  (Read 10571 times)

Offline FlyHawk98

Re: Chuck Landon: Huggins keeps taking recruits from Marshall
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2016, 07:47:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Our "marketing" is absolutely pathetic.

I lived in the Wheeling area for 5 years or so and NEVER saw Marshall promotions.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2016, 07:47:38 PM »

Offline lexkyherdfan

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Heisman
    • GKI Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #26 on: March 27, 2016, 10:01:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Thank our own Chris cline for the WVU BBall facility

Just as you can thank him for our Indoor Facility.  I believe it was said he wanted to do something for both but between the Facility and his sky box plus things we don't know we have done quite well with Chris Cline. I get it that he is one of us but like a lot of others in WV he probably followed those up North as well.  I don't like it but he has been good to us so I don't hold it against him.
    « Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 10:02:46 PM by lexkyherdfan »

Offline kjh

« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2016, 10:36:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Just as you can thank him for our Indoor Facility.  I believe it was said he wanted to do something for both but between the Facility and his sky box plus things we don't know we have done quite well with Chris Cline. I get it that he is one of us but like a lot of others in WV he probably followed those up North as well.  I don't like it but he has been good to us so I don't hold it against him.
    So has JJ.

Offline thunderingon

« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2016, 10:50:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Seriously? You don't think WV high school athletes can't figure out on their own which school is ranked and goes to the NCAA tournament virtually every year and which one doesn't?

Not the point.  What they could have seen though is DD recruiting more and more WV kids...and then beating and/or competing against WVU every year.  Huggins is smart enough to see good basketball and know that his "dynasty" in WV could have been chipped away and he stopped it before it could happen. 

Offline jocktalker

« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2016, 11:20:42 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Not the point.  What they could have seen though is DD recruiting more and more WV kids...and then beating and/or competing against WVU every year.  Huggins is smart enough to see good basketball and know that his "dynasty" in WV could have been chipped away and he stopped it before it could happen. 

So let me get this straight. In your opinion, Huggins is more concerned with what Marshall is doing in West Virginia and is focused on stopping that than he is recruiting kids good enough to beat Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas or any other Top 25 program on their schedule each year? Makes sense to me.

Offline QuickStrike

« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2016, 12:37:25 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • So let me get this straight. In your opinion, Huggins is more concerned with what Marshall is doing in West Virginia and is focused on stopping that than he is recruiting kids good enough to beat Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas or any other Top 25 program on their schedule each year? Makes sense to me.

First goes the liver, next goes the brain.

Offline MarshallGrad

« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2016, 09:00:56 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This is the primary reason that Huggins doesn't want to play.  He can tell recruits how much better they are without ever having to prove it. 

In the end, if a recruit has a choice of either program, and they see MU has not been in the big dance for 30 years and WVU is there pretty regularly, there is likely very little thought to the WVU-MU game. That game is not nearly a player game as it is a fan game. Players want a path to big games, national attention, and the big dance. The choice for those options is not hard for a player. When the day comes that that choice becomes hard, we will know we have made it to where we have wanted to be for decades.

Online chris88

« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2016, 09:08:21 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Isn't the recent commitment Bledsoe from Wheeling area?

Agree, more/better exposure is always helpful.

But it depends on kid and situation and always will.  Why do 4-star RB's sign with a school that has just signed 5 other 4-star RB's in last 2 recruiting classes?  Doesn't seem to make sense but kids do it all the time for a variety of reasons.  Just like KY kids going to KY schools.  Kash Daniel may never see a winning record at UK but he is going there.  There are plenty of good players out there....most will be out of range of MU's radio reach (in state and out of state)
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

Online bbcard1

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #33 on: March 28, 2016, 09:26:23 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Let me expand on that one......They have a 25 million dollar, state of the art, practice facility just for basketball that is basically brand new...So they can recruit against Kansas and those type programs...

It is in Morgantown, however.

Online The Right Stuff

« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2016, 10:30:20 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I thought something else went first Quickstrike.  ;)

Online wasbarryb

« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2016, 10:54:30 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I thought something else went first Quickstrike.  ;)

From your previous posts I think you're old enough to know the answer to that question.

But then maybe you're forgotten the answer. :P

Online The Right Stuff

« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2016, 01:07:25 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I was just trying to see if Quickstrike knew what he was talking about. ::)

TRS
    MU 71

HerdFans.com

« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2016, 01:07:25 PM »

Online 2xBison

« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2016, 02:23:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Regarding Kash Daniel--a friend of mine knows an ex Herd FB player who knows Daniel---he says Doc wouldn't recruit him
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

Online chris88

« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2016, 03:24:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Regarding Kash Daniel--a friend of mine knows an ex Herd FB player who knows Daniel---he says Doc wouldn't recruit him

I don't know how that is possible as I'm pretty sure he had verballed to MU at one time
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

Online 2xBison

« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2016, 04:14:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don't know anything about him but do know my friend knows unnamed ex MU player.  He said it was because Daniel was white.  He also said he(ex player) told Daniel MU puts more in NFL than uk.

I'm just passing on what I'm certain was told to my friend, I know nothing about it or Daniel in fact when I got the text a few weeks back I had no idea who Daniel was
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

Offline FlyHawk98

« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2016, 05:26:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I have talked to Daniels family, and work with his uncle from time to time. Marshall definitely recruited him. He is excited to go to UK and play in the SEC while staying close to home. Simple as that from what I have been told.

Offline Big Ol' Hillbilly

« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2016, 10:06:19 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He said it was because Daniel was white.

So your friend says doc didn't recruit this cat because he's white? LOL! I think somebody may be full of crap. I'm pretty sure Doc isn't racist towards white kids. Tell me, has your friend said anything about Doc rioting and looting at a certain presidential candidate's rallies? HAHAHA
    « Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 10:09:26 AM by Big Ol' Hillbilly »

Online 2xBison

Chuck Landon: Huggins keeps taking recruits from Marshall
    « Reply #42 on: March 30, 2016, 11:11:13 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm sure that was opinion and it wasn't my friend it was the ex MU FB player saying it to him.  Don't get excited it's nothing
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

Online 2xBison

« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2016, 11:20:11 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I just looked at text.  I misquoted friend, he said Cash (who I'd never heard of until this 3/22 text) was a lock to MU until UK offered.  The rb that he OPINED doc wouldn't recruit is from Phelps.  Is there a rb from phelps that is good?

Wolf was on same group text.
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

Offline Thundering In MD

« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2016, 11:01:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I like Chuck, but I am not buying into some of his columns lately.  A kid choosing a Big-ish 12 school over a C-USA school really isn't news.  The bigger story is the kid who decides to come to Marshall from a larger school because he realizes that Danny's system will help their future career.  I am waiting for Chuck to write that one.
    Twitter:  @ThunderingInMD

Online The Right Stuff

« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2016, 09:36:45 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Very true Thundering In MD.  Now he has written a column shouting out to the world that Jankovick is not coming.  It is almost like he relishes in the fact. >:(

TRS
    MU 71

Offline FlyHawk98

« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2016, 11:05:46 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It's why I try not to click on anything he writes.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2016, 11:05:46 AM »