Author Topic: Another Big Green beer survey  (Read 10517 times)

Offline W0lfman

Another Big Green beer survey
« on: February 22, 2016, 05:24:31 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Just received

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HerdFans.com

Another Big Green beer survey
    « on: February 22, 2016, 05:24:31 PM »

Offline Pinkerton99

Re: Another Big Green beer survey
    « Reply #1 on: February 22, 2016, 06:17:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This problem is being looked at incorrectly.  I believe it's a false premise that most people are leaving at half-time to go drink.  The majority of people leaving are going out to socialize, eat, or otherwise get refreshed.  The current concourse design prevent that from happening in the stadium.  The wait at the food lines for a crappy Sodexo food also encourages people to leave the stadium.  Two additional reasons people are leaving is because they either have children who can't make it through a game, or because they are old and can't muster through a whole game in the heat or the cold.  I myself have run out to the car at the half to try and dry out.

Perhaps we could institute a small re-entry fee after the half to discourage people leaving.  

As it stands I don't really like the forced choice between re-entry and alcohol sales.  I think the two are not mutually exclusive; and are an attempt to maximize revenue at the expense of customer choice.  The problem isn't the people; it's a problem with the product.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 06:45:29 PM by Pinkerton99 »
    Note: I'm not Eric Pinkerton.

Offline Big City

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2016, 06:34:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Waste of time.

Make a decision and act on it.
    IronMan & Multisport Athlete
    2 x American Triple T Finisher
    Celebrated beer drinker

Offline breckjimison

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2016, 07:01:17 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Waste of time.

Make a decision and act on it.
    Can yo post the new survey for everyone to see?

Offline lovetheherd2

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2016, 07:19:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Can yo post the new survey for everyone to see?

All Big Green members got the survey as I understand....

Offline herd2win

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2016, 07:21:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It was 1 question.

1. Beer sales and no pass outs

2.  No beer and pass outs

Offline Big City

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2016, 09:02:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • How many members are there currently in the Big Green?
    IronMan & Multisport Athlete
    2 x American Triple T Finisher
    Celebrated beer drinker

Offline MrRobertPruett

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2016, 09:17:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Totally agree, silly to have that question because it will make very few happy with the end result. Most fans just want to buy a beer or 2 and also go out to their spot if need be. The food is beyond awful and the concourse is not equipped to handle large crowds.

Offline Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #8 on: February 22, 2016, 09:47:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Totally agree, silly to have that question because it will make very few happy with the end result. Most fans just want to buy a beer or 2 and also go out to their spot if need be. The food is beyond awful and the concourse is not equipped to handle large crowds.

If there is a no return policy then the food at a bare minimum needs to
    be upgraded. Concourses need to be expanded as well but might be too much to ask by this Fall

Offline Bison87

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2016, 10:45:22 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Well said Pinkerton99. Agree completely. I simply hit the done button and answered neither choice. Then basically emailed back basically what you stated.

Offline MUther

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2016, 11:29:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Is it really that difficult to eat prior to the game and then afterwards a mere 3.5 hours later?  I mean are people really starving mid-game?  Something doesn't jibe with that argument.  Right now as it is, you are either eating at a tailgate/restaurant or planned to eat in the stadium.  If doing the former you're going to do that before the game anyway and if doing the latter what does it matter?  And since most of the crowd doesn't seem to fill in till almost 2nd quarter you're talking 2.5 to 3 hours for the bulk of the attendance.

As to socializing, you've got all day, except for 3.5 hours.  And it's not impossible to do during the game with seating or meeting in designated area at halftime or whatever.

I very seriously doubt people are going to go walk through the cold or rain to sit in their car and dry out or warm up only to walk back in the weather and negate their efforts.  I'm sure it happens, but not on a scale that warrants creating policy for it.

The only valid reason I see for complaints is people want to go reload on liquor or cheap/free beer.  The rest of it is BS that will disappear in a couple seasons once it is the norm to do otherwise.  You can counter this with a thousand situations that are exceptions to the rule but that will be what they are and nothing more.  In those cases you miss half a game.  Tough %^&*.

PS a basketball game is 2 hours.  Same food available.  No beer available.  I don't see people leaving the arena to run and get food or beer during halftime.  I'm sure some do but it's obviously not common. 

« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 11:33:51 PM by MUther »

Offline herd2win

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2016, 06:50:17 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don't understand the large amount of people that leave at half either...no other place have I gone to a game where the third quarter crowd is so much different then the 2nd quarter...tailgate before and after like every other school in the nation and give your team your support in between.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2016, 06:50:17 AM »

Offline Marshall Faithful

• Junior Varsity
    • Member Since 01/2010
    « Reply #12 on: February 23, 2016, 07:03:04 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don't understand the large amount of people that leave at half either...no other place have I gone to a game where the third quarter crowd is so much different then the 2nd quarter...tailgate before and after like every other school in the nation and give your team your support in between.

I was just thinking the same. Where is everyone going that's so much better than Marshall Football?

Offline W0lfman

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2016, 07:21:30 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If there is a no return policy then the food at a bare minimum needs to
    be upgraded. Concourses need to be expanded as well but might be too much to ask by this Fall
    Spot on.  There has to be something done with the food if they want to do this right.  And please for the love of it don't just do it for the sake of doing it.  Implement only when all things are considered with food being the most important.  If you can't get the policy organized before this season starts then don't do it.  Start it in 2017. 

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2016, 07:24:00 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • How many members are there currently in the Big Green?

Around 3000+
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2016, 07:28:57 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Is it really that difficult to eat prior to the game and then afterwards a mere 3.5 hours later?  I mean are people really starving mid-game?  Something doesn't jibe with that argument.  Right now as it is, you are either eating at a tailgate/restaurant or planned to eat in the stadium.  If doing the former you're going to do that before the game anyway and if doing the latter what does it matter?  And since most of the crowd doesn't seem to fill in till almost 2nd quarter you're talking 2.5 to 3 hours for the bulk of the attendance.

As to socializing, you've got all day, except for 3.5 hours.  And it's not impossible to do during the game with seating or meeting in designated area at halftime or whatever.

I very seriously doubt people are going to go walk through the cold or rain to sit in their car and dry out or warm up only to walk back in the weather and negate their efforts.  I'm sure it happens, but not on a scale that warrants creating policy for it.

The only valid reason I see for complaints is people want to go reload on liquor or cheap/free beer.  The rest of it is BS that will disappear in a couple seasons once it is the norm to do otherwise.  You can counter this with a thousand situations that are exceptions to the rule but that will be what they are and nothing more.  In those cases you miss half a game.  Tough %^&*.

PS a basketball game is 2 hours.  Same food available.  No beer available.  I don't see people leaving the arena to run and get food or beer during halftime.  I'm sure some do but it's obviously not common. 

You are saying exactly what I have said all along. I usually eat at home before leaving for the stadium then have dinner plans with friends after the game. There is no need for me to eat at the stadium. In the very few times I have, I find that a hot dog or nachos are adequate. I'm a guy that enters the stadium, goes to my seat and sit there watch the game incuding halftime activities and then get up and leave when the clock hits 0:00.
                   ----Lou Gehrig

Offline svherd

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2016, 07:57:58 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Well said. Don't understand it either. It's better for the team and program that people stay in the stadium, cheer for the Herd and buy a brew or three. End of story.
    The mass exodus at halftime has to be discouraging to the team, coaches and potential recruits.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline herdtown

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Practice Squad
    • Member Since 08/2012
    « Reply #17 on: February 23, 2016, 08:03:25 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Unless or until there are infrastructure upgrades to the Joan in terms of restrooms, concourse expansion with well appointed food and beer vending options, then as a BG member, I voted to leave the current policy as is.

The issue is multi-facted, not just a simple beer/no beer, passout/no passout choice.

I have attended a number of games at Louisville PJCS and I cannot tell you if they allow re-enty passsouts or not b/c there are plenty of food and drink choices and vendors willing to serve.  I know its on a bit larger scale money -wise, etc. but they seem to have gotten it right.

All Herd... All the Time

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2016, 08:27:09 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Unless or until there are infrastructure upgrades to the Joan in terms of restrooms, concourse expansion with well appointed food and beer vending options, then as a BG member, I voted to leave the current policy as is.

The issue is multi-facted, not just a simple beer/no beer, passout/no passout choice.

I have attended a number of games at Louisville PJCS and I cannot tell you if they allow re-enty passsouts or not b/c there are plenty of food and drink choices and vendors willing to serve.  I know its on a bit larger scale money -wise, etc. but they seem to have gotten it right.

I don't know of any other college venues that allow pass outs. I'm sure there most likely are some but I'm not aware.
                   ----Lou Gehrig

Offline MUonium

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2016, 09:29:49 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  

Offline korun

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2016, 09:34:00 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Jesus Christ people..... this time last year we all b1tched about how we needed to sell beer for extra revenue ( some even mentioned to use the extra revenue to fix up the Joan) with very few people opposing it. Now it appears they have heard the demands and are actually listening and you all are b1tching about that. What is wrong with you all???? Never seen a fan base like this. Last I checked, this is a free country and if people buy a ticket, go into the game and immediately leave, its none of your business why. It doesn't affect you in any way, shape or form. If we get the money from the ticket sales, its doesn't matter is there is 3 people in the stands in the 3rd quarter, its their decision to leave, not yours. We really need to come together as a fan base and stop this constant crying about everything. Its very disheartening. Im not really sure why I even bother. With the state of this area and taxes shooting up and jobs leaving, we will be lucky to average 20k this year.

Offline bighat

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2016, 09:51:40 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Korun agree with you.  Let's have beer and then work out the other things.  If we have people buying beer they will have a demand for snack foods and other things.
    We will create a demand for other foods and drinks.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2016, 09:51:40 AM »

Offline marshallmark

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2016, 10:07:59 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You are saying exactly what I have said all along. I usually eat at home before leaving for the stadium then have dinner plans with friends after the game. There is no need for me to eat at the stadium. In the very few times I have, I find that a hot dog or nachos are adequate. I'm a guy that enters the stadium, goes to my seat and sit there watch the game incuding halftime activities and then get up and leave when the clock hits 0:00.

And, as much as I LOVE Stewart's generally, the "thunderdogs" are gawd-awful.  Tastes like spam.
    "Tell your friends, I can confirm you held your own against the brothers. :)"

- E-Man

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2016, 10:28:15 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • And, as much as I LOVE Stewart's generally, the "thunderdogs" are gawd-awful.  Tastes like spam.

Must agree with that. But as I said, I usually eat before and after the game.
                   ----Lou Gehrig

Offline MUonium

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2016, 11:45:50 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • i've always hated surveys with only two stark, uncompromising choices and these posts are why...good posts.  however cringeworthy, for economic health, at least try and simply modify or go back to status quo if it doesn't work out: 1. Beer sales and no pass outs

This problem is being looked at incorrectly.  I believe it's a false premise that most people are leaving at half-time to go drink.  The majority of people leaving are going out to socialize, eat, or otherwise get refreshed.  The current concourse design prevent that from happening in the stadium.  The wait at the food lines for a crappy Sodexo food also encourages people to leave the stadium.  Two additional reasons people are leaving is because they either have children who can't make it through a game, or because they are old and can't muster through a whole game in the heat or the cold.  I myself have run out to the car at the half to try and dry out.

Perhaps we could institute a small re-entry fee after the half to discourage people leaving. 

As it stands I don't really like the forced choice between re-entry and alcohol sales.  I think the two are not mutually exclusive; and are an attempt to maximize revenue at the expense of customer choice.  The problem isn't the people; it's a problem with the product.

Is it really that difficult to eat prior to the game and then afterwards a mere 3.5 hours later?  I mean are people really starving mid-game?  Something doesn't jibe with that argument.  Right now as it is, you are either eating at a tailgate/restaurant or planned to eat in the stadium.  If doing the former you're going to do that before the game anyway and if doing the latter what does it matter?  And since most of the crowd doesn't seem to fill in till almost 2nd quarter you're talking 2.5 to 3 hours for the bulk of the attendance.

As to socializing, you've got all day, except for 3.5 hours.  And it's not impossible to do during the game with seating or meeting in designated area at halftime or whatever.

I very seriously doubt people are going to go walk through the cold or rain to sit in their car and dry out or warm up only to walk back in the weather and negate their efforts.  I'm sure it happens, but not on a scale that warrants creating policy for it.

The only valid reason I see for complaints is people want to go reload on liquor or cheap/free beer.  The rest of it is BS that will disappear in a couple seasons once it is the norm to do otherwise.  You can counter this with a thousand situations that are exceptions to the rule but that will be what they are and nothing more.  In those cases you miss half a game.  Tough %^&*.

Unless or until there are infrastructure upgrades to the Joan in terms of restrooms, concourse expansion with well appointed food and beer vending options, then as a BG member, I voted to leave the current policy as is.

I have attended a number of games at Louisville PJCS and I cannot tell you if they allow re-enty passsouts or not b/c there are plenty of food and drink choices and vendors willing to serve.  I know its on a bit larger scale money -wise, etc. but they seem to have gotten it right.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2016, 11:45:50 AM »