Author Topic: 2016 schedule  (Read 11193 times)

Offline herdgameplan

Re: 2016 schedule
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2015, 09:17:20 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Dear lord go root for Alabama or some one if youre that unhappy with underperforming and still going 9-3

Yes I do like watching good teams win like the Tide and Marshall should strive to be like them! The problem with some Marshall fans is low expectations!

I was born in WV and I have a right to voice my objections to low expectations...WKU is good but we could have been better and I fault Doc for such a let down!

We do not need a 7th home game for fans who can not seem to stop drinking long enough to get their collective (@/:; back in the stadium after halftime! Hey I'm *&$#@* its a football game with young men & women who need our support that includes the Band! You don't see them needing to run out to the tailgates to get a drink! Are they there just to entertain empty seats? Hell No!

We need quality wins against G5 or P5 teams so maybe we deserve better fans who want to see better football played at the highest levels at Marshall!

I vote to keep your (@/:; in the Stadium so bring on the beer sales! We need the revenue!

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2015, 09:17:20 AM »

Offline Greg H

« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2015, 09:23:09 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Strive to be like Alabama. Hahahahahahaha.  What an utterly moronic post.  I'd suggest you do a little reading on Alabama.  That, or donate about five hundred million dollars

Offline herdgameplan

« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2015, 12:20:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Struck a cord did I hahahaha! Your so full of yourself! What if you just insulted one fan who could do that very thing of donating 500M or even 1B! How would you feel when I was to do that and then call you out to do the very same thing ....could you???

Offline herdfan429

« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2015, 01:48:31 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yes I do like watching good teams win like the Tide and Marshall should strive to be like them! The problem with some Marshall fans is low expectations!

I was born in WV and I have a right to voice my objections to low expectations...WKU is good but we could have been better and I fault Doc for such a let down!

We do not need a 7th home game for fans who can not seem to stop drinking long enough to get their collective (@/:; back in the stadium after halftime! Hey *&$#@* its a football game with young men & women who need our support that includes the Band! You don't see them needing to run out to the tailgates to get a drink! Are they there just to entertain empty seats? Hell No!

We need quality wins against G5 or P5 teams so maybe we deserve better fans who want to see better football played at the highest levels at Marshall!

I vote to keep your (@/:; in the Stadium so bring on the beer sales! We need the revenue!

Hmm adding an extra home game wouldnt mean more revenue?  And FYI I agree with the alcohol sales. 

Offline Greg H

« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2015, 02:39:35 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Struck a cord did I hahahaha! Your so full of yourself! What if you just insulted one fan who could do that very thing of donating 500M or even 1B! How would you feel when I was to do that and then call you out to do the very same thing ....could you???

You donate 1/2 billion, you have every right to pick the damned coach.   And I wouldn't criticize you choice.  But until you do, it might be better if you had sense enough to realize that we can't begin to pay for a coach who is guaranteed better than Doc.  Doc ain't perfect, but it would be a HUGE gamble to replace him.  That's probably true of Legg too.  Tell me where I'm wrong?

Online herdfifteen

« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2015, 03:22:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You are sure as hell wrong about Legg, you will find it difficult to find any O coordinator less imaginative than Legg. He will be the biggest obstacle in the development of Chase Litton. Did you watch the WKU game, comparing his play calling to what one sees in pee wee football as an observer from WKU did, was on target.

Offline Greg H

« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2015, 03:48:42 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You are sure as hell wrong about Legg, you will find it difficult to find any O coordinator less imaginative than Legg. He will be the biggest obstacle in the development of Chase Litton. Did you watch the WKU game, comparing his play calling to what one sees in pee wee football as an observer from WKU did, was on target.

Like he impeded CAto's development?

Offline herdfan429

« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2015, 04:34:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Cato ran 4 plays

Offline Greg H

« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2015, 05:42:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Cato ran 4 plays

So effing what?  It didn't work?

Offline OHIO1804

« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2015, 03:56:46 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • What happened to the days when the Ohio's, the Kent St's, etc were the cupcakes? Now we lose or fight for our lives against them. Now, it takes a Rhode Island, Nichols St, etc to be our cupcakes. Yes.....our expectations have fallen that far!

Those days never existed. Marshall is just 7-5 vs the MAC in non conference games since joining CUSA, avg margin of victory is +13pts, avg margin of defeat is -14pts. Non conference MAC games have been a good challenge for the Herd.

Offline SuperAnjario

« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2015, 09:34:53 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Those days never existed. Marshall is just 7-5 vs the MAC in non conference games since joining CUSA, avg margin of victory is +13pts, avg margin of defeat is -14pts. Non conference MAC games have been a good challenge for the Herd.

When's the last time Ohio won a Mac title?

Offline herdadreh

« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2015, 01:36:54 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    I'd rather play a 1-0 vs a big time program

I would too if I thought we had a greater than 10% chance to win. Next year first game is not 'the venue' for that game.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2015, 01:36:54 PM »

Offline OHIO1804

« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2015, 04:17:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • When's the last time Ohio won a Mac title?

And this is a team Marshall lost 4 out of the last 6 to in OOC play.

Offline HerdnClt

« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2015, 05:46:11 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

1968 😂😂😂
    "The Herd #1"

Offline Flat Tire 2

« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2015, 06:00:18 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Most MU fans don't realize how bad Ohio U has been since Bill Hess retired in the late 1960's or early 1970's. Only one OU coach has has a winning record in the last 40 plus years. Jim Grobe left as soon as he could get out of Athens with a .500 overall record. The current coach has done a very good job with one of the worst facilities in college football. Too many colleges playing in Ohio like YSU and the other Mac teams. Then you have Ohio's favorite team playing down the road in Columbus. Ohio U has been the graveyard for football coaches.

Offline _sturt_

« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2015, 06:52:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • No to FCS. Play any weakling FBS before playing an FCS. The golden ticket/big payday will never come if we're always handicapping ourselves with FCS games.

Hamrick historically has been going with two MAC schools... and looks like there's three MAC schools are looking for home dates.

If we want a gimme game, Eastern Michigan is there.

Plug them in as an away game for 2016, and as a home game in 2018 (currently with NC State at home, and MiamiU away).

Otherwise, Buffalo and Western Michigan are also available.

I could actually get a little excited about playing the Broncos for a series.

Offline coalherd

« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2015, 09:42:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Most MU fans don't realize how bad Ohio U has been since Bill Hess retired in the late 1960's or early 1970's. Only one OU coach has has a winning record in the last 40 plus years. Jim Grobe left as soon as he could get out of Athens with a .500 overall record. The current coach has done a very good job with one of the worst facilities in college football. Too many colleges playing in Ohio like YSU and the other Mac teams. Then you have Ohio's favorite team playing down the road in Columbus. Ohio U has been the graveyard for football coaches.

True that Peden may not be a show piece but certainly adequate for MAC games, etc.  Also, I believe, others can verify, that OU built and opened an indoor practice facility before we opened the Cline facility.  As for other athletic facilities, well Herd fans have no reason to talk.  They have a quality on campus baseball facility versus, uh, the Kennedy Center?  Get real.  And the real kicker is their 13,000 seat Convocation Center, built in late 60s for around 10 million $$$, which still is LIGHT YEARS ahead of the monstrosity we call the Henderson Center built over a decade later at around 20-22 million!  Its called having a quality plan and quality administration to implement said plan versus the half assed, do-it-on-the fly way that MU has traditionally done things!!

Offline OHIO1804

« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2015, 10:17:26 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • True that Peden may not be a show piece but certainly adequate for MAC games, etc.  Also, I believe, others can verify, that OU built and opened an indoor practice facility before we opened the Cline facility.  As for other athletic facilities, well Herd fans have no reason to talk.  They have a quality on campus baseball facility versus, uh, the Kennedy Center?  Get real.  And the real kicker is their 13,000 seat Convocation Center, built in late 60s for around 10 million $$$, which still is LIGHT YEARS ahead of the monstrosity we call the Henderson Center built over a decade later at around 20-22 million!  Its called having a quality plan and quality administration to implement said plan versus the half assed, do-it-on-the fly way that MU has traditionally done things!!

In the 20 seasons prior to Solich arriving in 2005 Ohio had a total of 61 wins. That's 3.05 wins/yr for 20 yrs ('85-'04). And 6 of those years ('95-'00) were with Grobe going 33-33-1. Remove his wins and you've got 28 wins in 14 seasons. Dark days for Bobcat football.

It's true that Ohio had some of the worst football facilities in the country 10 years ago, but that's not the case today. Frank accepted the job on the condition that Ohio would invest in their facilities, since then Ohio has extensively remodeled Peden Tower to provide updated and expanded offices and team meeting rooms, built a new locker room, updated the weight room, built an indoor facility, and are currently fundraising for an academic center that will be built into the north endzone. A new, and much larger scoreboard will replace the one on the south hill next year.  These investments don't give the football program elite facilities but they do get them out of being the worst in the country and are on pace with most G5 programs. Also worth mentioning is that a small, but charitable group of Nebraska donors have been contributors to man of these projects in support of Solich.

Peden itself is a problem and will always be unless they knock it down and start from scratch (not happening). Ohio's fanbase is now big enough that selling out the Saturday home games is becoming routine but 24K is still 24K. I think realistically Athens would never need something bigger than 32K, 35K tops, but I don't see an expansion happening any time soon.

As for Ohio's bball facilities, the Convo is old, but it has spririt. 13K new seats were installed this summer and rumor is that a center hung scoreboard is finally on its way. Ohio has top 100 attendance in bball, much different situation than fball.

Offline SuperAnjario

« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2015, 10:21:53 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Keep hanging your hat on that.  I'll hang mine on 5 MAC titles and one CUSA title since 1997. 

How many times has OU finished the season ranked in football?

Offline Greg H

« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2015, 10:32:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Keep hanging your hat on that.  I'll hang mine on 5 MAC titles and one CUSA title since 1997. 

How many times has OU finished the season ranked in football?

The rankings didn't exist that far back.

Offline svherd

« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2015, 08:17:00 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • In the 20 seasons prior to Solich arriving in 2005 Ohio had a total of 61 wins. That's 3.05 wins/yr for 20 yrs ('85-'04). And 6 of those years ('95-'00) were with Grobe going 33-33-1. Remove his wins and you've got 28 wins in 14 seasons. Dark days for Bobcat football.

It's true that Ohio had some of the worst football facilities in the country 10 years ago, but that's not the case today. Frank accepted the job on the condition that Ohio would invest in their facilities, since then Ohio has extensively remodeled Peden Tower to provide updated and expanded offices and team meeting rooms, built a new locker room, updated the weight room, built an indoor facility, and are currently fundraising for an academic center that will be built into the north endzone. A new, and much larger scoreboard will replace the one on the south hill next year.  These investments don't give the football program elite facilities but they do get them out of being the worst in the country and are on pace with most G5 programs. Also worth mentioning is that a small, but charitable group of Nebraska donors have been contributors to man of these projects in support of Solich.

Peden itself is a problem and will always be unless they knock it down and start from scratch (not happening). Ohio's fanbase is now big enough that selling out the Saturday home games is becoming routine but 24K is still 24K. I think realistically Athens would never need something bigger than 32K, 35K tops, but I don't see an expansion happening any time soon.

As for Ohio's bball facilities, the Convo is old, but it has spririt. 13K new seats were installed this summer and rumor is that a center hung scoreboard is finally on its way. Ohio has top 100 attendance in bball, much different situation than fball.

I'll give you that OU has our number and Solich has done a great job at OU. Your team plays hard the whole game. But you may have won the battle with MU but you lost the war. OU seems to put so much energy into our game that it zaps your club and you notoriously fall flat in October and November. Solich does a great job prepping for Marshall and plays it up. Maybe he should take more of an even keel and focus on the 9-10 games after MU. jmo.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline iherdya

« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2015, 08:59:35 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The rankings didn't exist that far back.

the ap poll has been run every year since 1936.

edit: but yeah, the last time ohio u finished the season ranked in the ap poll was #20 in 1968
    « Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 09:01:54 AM by iherdya »

HerdFans.com

« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2015, 08:59:35 AM »

Offline wasbarryb

« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2015, 09:03:28 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • the ap poll has been run every year since 1936.

edit: but yeah, the last time ohio u finished the season ranked in the ap poll was #20 in 1968

Greg never lets reality interfere with an opportunity to insult someone.

Offline SuperAnjario

« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2015, 10:18:21 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • My point is, despite their recent run of success against us, in what I consider modern Marshall Football history (1997 to present), our program is much much better than OU's.  They've not been ranked.  They can't win a conference title.  Their facilities and fan support aren't like ours. They've played us tough recently.  Big deal.

Offline thunderingon

« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2015, 11:04:15 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I love my school and watching college athletics so that keeps me engaged with Herd sports.  If I was as miserable as some of you folks, there is no way I would waste my time or money. 

HerdFans.com

« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2015, 11:04:15 AM »