Author Topic: Gonna assume Stu Butler is gone.  (Read 31864 times)

Offline marshallz13

Re: Gonna assume Stu Butler is gone.
« Reply #75 on: May 06, 2015, 11:00:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Dumb move by Butler. If what we've read is true then Stew sounds like an @#*^! to me.

It's going to suck not having his speed but I think Pittman will benefit and so will Remi. Both can be solid options.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #75 on: May 06, 2015, 11:00:01 PM »

Offline herdfan2015

« Reply #76 on: May 07, 2015, 01:52:38 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Saw him walking around outside his apartment a few hours ago so he's out of custody for now at least. 

Offline Herd 90

« Reply #77 on: May 07, 2015, 02:22:03 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Nowdays?  If it was a sin 2000 years ago its a sin today and will be 2000 years from now.

not taking sides just pointing out a fact

So was wearing mixed clothing materials.  And children who talked backed to their parents were supposed to be put to death.    ::) ::) ::) ::)

Offline Herd 90

« Reply #78 on: May 07, 2015, 02:25:01 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If Marshall had not dismissed him the liberal media would have been stirring up the lgbt community and would have the US attorney General here before it was over charging bigotry of the University.If two gays had jumped a student and beat him up nothing would have come from it and no charges would have been filed.

Good lord.  The NOT FUN part of being a Herd fan.....so many freakish, right-wing tools.

Offline jt

« Reply #79 on: May 07, 2015, 02:56:45 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We not only continue to bastardize our laws and our Constitution, we are doing the same with our vocabulary.  What is "gay" about being homosexual?
    Go HERD!!!

Offline GoHerd2112

« Reply #80 on: May 07, 2015, 06:12:27 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Sounds like he was out there looking for trouble and found it.

Offline field pass

• Heisman
    • Member Since 08/2012
    « Reply #81 on: May 07, 2015, 06:32:02 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm surprised that some people would divert the conversation into the merits homosexuality. what a bunch of right-wing weirdos

Online clovenhoof

« Reply #82 on: May 07, 2015, 06:57:31 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm surprised that some people would divert the conversation into the merits homosexuality. what a bunch of right-wing weirdos

This.
    "Oh just calm down and write that check for the Vision Campaign..."  Thundering In MD

Offline yogiherd

« Reply #83 on: May 07, 2015, 07:25:16 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If it had been two lesbians kissing would Butler have beaten them or would he have molested them?
    In God We Trust.
    United We Stand.
    God Bless America.
    go herd!!!

Offline QuickStrike

« Reply #84 on: May 07, 2015, 07:35:41 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Saw him walking around outside his apartment a few hours ago so he's out of custody for now at least. 

(Shout) Who let the dog out!  ;D

Offline luvherd

« Reply #85 on: May 07, 2015, 07:57:57 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Next step will be expulsion from school. What a waste of talent.
    MU Alum
    Big Green Member

Offline wasbarryb

« Reply #86 on: May 07, 2015, 08:23:29 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Next step will be expulsion from school. What a waste of talent.

Sounds like his problems with the court system is far worse than any concerns he may have with MU actions.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #86 on: May 07, 2015, 08:23:29 AM »

Offline Ovaltine Jenkins

« Reply #87 on: May 07, 2015, 08:31:11 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I can guarantee that alcohol was more than likely involved.  Having said that, overt demonstrations of homosexuality are the norm in today's society. So if any of us who are heterosexual have a problem with Gay culture, restraint and tolerance are the operative words.  I recently stumbled across a show about guys prancing.  Speechless after 60 seconds of viewing, I raced to SportCenter to get my "Guy Cred" back.  

My takeaway from the Butler incident is that as we all navigate this new world, it's wise for each of us to act as if we're on camera 24/7.

Offline wasbarryb

« Reply #88 on: May 07, 2015, 08:39:18 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I can guarantee that alcohol was more than likely involved.  Having said that, overt demonstrations of homosexuality are the norm in today's society. So if any of us who are heterosexual have a problem with Gay culture, restraint and tolerance are the operative words.  I recently stumbled across a show about guys prancing.  Speechless after 60 seconds of viewing, I raced to SportCenter to get my "Guy Cred" back.  

My takeaway from the Butler incident is that as we all navigate this new world, it's wise for each of us to act as if we're on camera 24/7.

While the alcohol suspicion is creditable, what can't be ignored is what Butler did is unacceptable under any circumstance. You don't get out of a car and beat other people because you don't like what they're doing. No matter what they are doing.

A point that seems to be dropped from this discussion is there were two other football players in the car with Butler. Not only did they not get out of the car and join Butler, they apparently tried to talk Butler out of his act of stupidity. 

Offline svherd

« Reply #89 on: May 07, 2015, 08:58:43 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Good thing Butler didn't play football for San Francisco University.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline yogiherd

« Reply #90 on: May 07, 2015, 09:32:15 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Good thing Butler didn't play football for San Francisco University.

Or for Missouri during the 2013 season with Michael Sam.
    In God We Trust.
    United We Stand.
    God Bless America.
    go herd!!!

Offline Apollo

« Reply #91 on: May 07, 2015, 09:42:50 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • While the alcohol suspicion is creditable, what can't be ignored is what Butler did is unacceptable under any circumstance. You don't get out of a car and beat other people because you don't like what they're doing. No matter what they are doing.

A point that seems to be dropped from this discussion is there were two other football players in the car with Butler. Not only did they not get out of the car and join Butler, they apparently tried to talk Butler out of his act of stupidity. 

They should have got out and thrown his ass back in the car.

Offline wasbarryb

« Reply #92 on: May 07, 2015, 09:47:14 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Or for Missouri during the 2013 season with Michael Sam.

Wouldn't have been a problem.

We all know we'd have never learned how good Rockhead was if Butler had been willing to hit a defensive end.

Offline HerdKelly

« Reply #93 on: May 07, 2015, 10:57:18 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This thing may take on a life of its own....

Now there is this article....  http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/05/07/football-player-claimed-gay-bashing-was-self-defense-until-cops-went-to-the-videotape.html

Which alleges the football program wouldn't cooperate with police...

Already armed with the video, Sperry says he listened to Butler’s version of events before cutting him off. “I said, ‘Hold on right there. Sir, it’s on video.’”

According to the detective, Butler began gasping for an out.

“He said ‘What?’ and then he started backpedadaling,” the detective recalls. And name-checking. He allegedly told the detective that he was a Marshall University football player and that he needed to talk to his coaches.

That didn’t impress the cop.

But the detective believes the football program wasn’t willing to play ball with the police investigation and that they stonewalled him at almost every turn.

“They looked at the video and they definitely could tell who it was but they wouldn’t tell me,” Sperry says. “That’s the kind of cooperation I got there.”

As for the mystery driver, “one of the coaches who gave me his name and card told me 11 days ago that that man was getting ready to be drafted in the NFL,” Sperry says.

The driver remains unknown. Sperry said he pressed the Marshall coaches but they remained mum. “They said he didn’t do anything and they wouldn’t tell me who he is,” he said. 

Offline wasbarryb

« Reply #94 on: May 07, 2015, 11:19:03 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This thing may take on a life of its own....

Now there is this article....  http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/05/07/football-player-claimed-gay-bashing-was-self-defense-until-cops-went-to-the-videotape.html

Which alleges the football program wouldn't cooperate with police...

The following are quotes from the article.
    When the detective reached the car owner, he says she gave up both the driver and Butler.

They looked at the video and they definitely could tell who it was but they wouldn’t tell me,” Sperry says. “That’s the kind of cooperation I got there.”

The driver remains unknown. Sperry said he pressed the Marshall coaches but they remained mum. “They said he didn’t do anything and they wouldn’t tell me who he is,” he said.  

I call BS on the writer. At one point he claims the owner of the car identified the driver and the passenger.  Then he writes the cop doesn’t know the name of the driver and the coaches wouldn’t say anything.

Either the cop or the writer is a liar and is pursuing a very tainted agenda.
    « Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 11:21:46 AM by wasbarryb »

Offline Marshall Matters

• All American
    • Member Since 12/2009
    « Reply #95 on: May 07, 2015, 11:31:37 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • ^^^
    It's not a well researched and written article, the writer also refers to the team as the Marshall University Bisons.

Offline HerdKelly

« Reply #96 on: May 07, 2015, 11:44:34 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The article is pretty poorly written but the concerning part is the quotes from the Huntington Detective.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #96 on: May 07, 2015, 11:44:34 AM »

Offline BHFIOHIO

« Reply #97 on: May 07, 2015, 12:14:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • who is prob an eerdiot

Offline FlyHawk98

« Reply #98 on: May 07, 2015, 12:15:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I do not blame our coaches for not giving up his name. He didn't do anything wrong, other than just being around Butler.

Offline HerdKelly

« Reply #99 on: May 07, 2015, 12:32:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Not giving up the driver is debatable although he would be an eye witness to a crime and naturally someone who needed to be interviewed by police.  The way I read it, and what I thought was most concerning, was the coaches also wouldn't tell the Detective who Butler was.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #99 on: May 07, 2015, 12:32:41 PM »