Author Topic: Gonna assume Stu Butler is gone.  (Read 31863 times)

Offline _sturt_

Re: Gonna assume Stu Butler is gone.
« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2015, 04:22:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I fully expect the facts will support the decision made. (Or, I sure hope so.) Important, I think, to get in front of the situation enough that, when the news programs talk about it tonight, at least it can be said that Marshall University in Huntington, West Virginia showed integrity in how it was handled. Not the kind of reason you want to be featured on national news, though. Apologies to Capt. Obvious for that last comment.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2015, 04:22:33 PM »

Offline Greg H

« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2015, 04:43:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Fake hate crimes and rapes are rampant in college campuses.  It sounds legit, and very bad, but let's be sure. Presumption of innocence and all that %^&*.

Offline Killer Buffalo

« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2015, 04:44:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He be gone. Dismissed according to WSAZ.

Offline Huffnagel

« Reply #53 on: May 06, 2015, 04:55:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Not trying to justify anything, but is anyone else curios as to why and how they were able to get this on video on their phone? It would seem that they were in a very public location trying to draw attention to themselves for some reason. Still, Butler should have stays in his car and went on his way, but to me it appears they were looking for some negative attention.
    It's Great Being a Thundering Herd Football Fan!!!

Follow Us on Twitter!
    Follow HerdFans on Twitter @HerdFans_

Follow Us on Facebook!
    Follow HerdFans on Facebook @realHerdFans

Offline BipolarFan

« Reply #54 on: May 06, 2015, 05:10:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Even if they were trying to bait someone into a reaction, I don't want someone that immature, stupid, and angry enough to take that bait on my football team.

No excuses for this type of behavior.

He probably wished he was the meat in that gay sandwich and got really mad and lashed out because it isn't acceptable behavior in the testosterone fueled world of a college football locker room. 

Offline 36thunder

« Reply #55 on: May 06, 2015, 05:15:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Not trying to justify anything, but is anyone else curios as to why and how they were able to get this on video on their phone? It would seem that they were in a very public location trying to draw attention to themselves for some reason. Still, Butler should have stays in his car and went on his way, but to me it appears they were looking for some negative attention.

Not to mention this isn't the first incident with these two gay guys.

Offline muherd41

• Rookie

Offline ed swain

« Reply #57 on: May 06, 2015, 05:47:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 36 Thunder what other incidents are you talking about.Nowdays anyone who calls this immoral is a bigot and is completely politically incorrect.

Offline TenThunder

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Junior Varsity
    • Member Since 08/2011
    « Reply #58 on: May 06, 2015, 05:58:02 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 36 Thunder what other incidents are you talking about.Nowdays anyone who calls this immoral is a bigot and is completely politically incorrect.

Nowdays?  If it was a sin 2000 years ago its a sin today and will be 2000 years from now.

not taking sides just pointing out a fact

Offline 36thunder

« Reply #59 on: May 06, 2015, 05:58:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Honestly can't remember where I read it I've read so much stuff regarding this but I believe it was detective Sperry that said this isn't the first incident with these two and they said the next time they would be ready to capture it on video. Ironically I can't find that statement anymore.

Offline HerdKelly

« Reply #60 on: May 06, 2015, 06:31:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Nowdays?  If it was a sin 2000 years ago its a sin today and will be 2000 years from now.

not taking sides just pointing out a fact

Please stop before you go further and give all Christians a bad name.

Offline herdfan429

« Reply #61 on: May 06, 2015, 07:17:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Please stop before you go further and give all Christians a bad name.

Hate the sin not the sinner. I don't see how his comment is that bad.

The statement about this type of incident happening with these two guys before was either in an hd update are wsaz update. They were told to try to video it if it happened again and apparently they were able to get video.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #61 on: May 06, 2015, 07:17:29 PM »

Offline BHFIOHIO

« Reply #62 on: May 06, 2015, 07:22:25 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don't get your drift. I'm not a believer but the Bible is plain about homosexuality being wrong. Noah banned his son for looking upon his nakedness after being warned. And they don't call it sodomy for nothing...as the Sodom  story in the Bible is about gay folks too. I've heard that preached about Lot offering his womenfolk but the people outside wanted the men. That's prob why Clinton said "don't ask" because he knew the services were full of gay men and women. I don't feel threatened by gay folks and my motto is live and let live. The only qu-eers I cant abide are north of here and wear blew and yeller.
    « Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 07:25:09 PM by BHFIOHIO »

Offline parshall2marshall

« Reply #63 on: May 06, 2015, 07:55:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I posted a long time ago that some MUFB incident "smacked of a hate crime".

My response on the boards was ...

Puh-leeeze...

Just sayin'.

Still say 1 game suspension would have taught Stew a lesson ...

p2m
    The forever FREE way to Build Sales Funnels and sell Digital Products online. Build free web sites of all kinds without programming. No credit card needed. Limited time.

https://groovepages.groovesell.com/a/gD4OhvmchDoe

Offline FlyHawk98

« Reply #64 on: May 06, 2015, 09:03:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Its right here. Just scroll down to where it says "Original Story"

http://www.wsaz.com/news/headlines/MU-Football-Player-Arrested-on-Battery-Charges-Against-Gay-Couple-302767091.html

Huntington Police Detective Chris Sperry tells WSAZ one of the victims recorded the whole incident on his cell phone.

Sperry says the couple had been in a similar situation previously and said if they ever were in that situation again, they would video it for proof.

"If it wasn't for the video, it would have been his word against theirs and we wouldn't have had anything. But luckily, they videoed it and that's why we're here today," Sperry said.

According to Sperry, in the video, you can hear Steward using derogatory comments to the couple. "It's not a pleasant thing to watch," he said.

Offline Huffnagel

« Reply #65 on: May 06, 2015, 09:06:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It's Great Being a Thundering Herd Football Fan!!!

Follow Us on Twitter!
    Follow HerdFans on Twitter @HerdFans_

Follow Us on Facebook!
    Follow HerdFans on Facebook @realHerdFans

Offline ed swain

« Reply #66 on: May 06, 2015, 09:15:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If Marshall had not dismissed him the liberal media would have been stirring up the lgbt community and would have the US attorney General here before it was over charging bigotry of the University.If two gays had jumped a student and beat him up nothing would have come from it and no charges would have been filed.

Offline IH8WVU

• All American
    • Member Since 04/2012
    « Reply #67 on: May 06, 2015, 09:15:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

•  

Offline wasbarryb

« Reply #68 on: May 06, 2015, 09:20:23 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • There is a link on the front page of CNN now too.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/06/sport/marshall-university-player-arrest/index.html

I think this link and the ESPN article has been entirely fair to Marshall itself. Both showed Marshall cutting Butler off without hesitation, which was the right to do on Marshall's part.

Offline elginherd

« Reply #69 on: May 06, 2015, 09:53:02 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • "On 5th Ave & 9th St" is where the incident happened according to the CNN video. If that's correct, it is true testimony to what a f'ing idiot that Butler is.
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

Offline clovenhoof

« Reply #70 on: May 06, 2015, 09:58:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If Marshall had not dismissed him the liberal media would have been stirring up the lgbt community and would have the US attorney General here before it was over charging bigotry of the University.If two gays had jumped a student and beat him up nothing would have come from it and no charges would have been filed.

Good Lord Ed, can you be any more Fox news? Why don't you try thinking for yourself a little.
    "Oh just calm down and write that check for the Vision Campaign..."  Thundering In MD

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #71 on: May 06, 2015, 10:02:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Damn, I'm pissed! The whole news media is eating this sh*t up like candy. I've read articles from CNN, FOXNEWS, ESPN, USA TODAY, SPORTING NEWS, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED, YAHOO NEWS FRONT PAGE, and many, many, more. This is a black eye for Marshall football and it's fans.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #71 on: May 06, 2015, 10:02:15 PM »

Offline herdfan429

« Reply #72 on: May 06, 2015, 10:28:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Damn, I'm pissed! The whole news media is eating this sh*t up like candy. I've read articles from CNN, FOXNEWS, ESPN, USA TODAY, SPORTING NEWS, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED, YAHOO NEWS FRONT PAGE, and many, many, more. This is a black eye for Marshall football and it's fans.

No it's not. Marshall cut ties with him. The institution did what it should have done.  Sure it's bad news but it would be worse if we took a wait and see approach.

Offline backontrack

« Reply #73 on: May 06, 2015, 10:37:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He, like Grooms, knew that he was on a short leash...sorry to see it, but it was absolutely the right call...

Offline ed swain

« Reply #74 on: May 06, 2015, 10:39:08 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The school did what it had to do.Why not now discuss who now will be the one to take his spot,I think it should be Pittman.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #74 on: May 06, 2015, 10:39:08 PM »