Author Topic: Terrance Thompson to Marshall  (Read 11270 times)

Offline coalherd

Re: Terrance Thompson to Marshall
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2015, 09:41:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Just curious, does anyone know if Kane is playing ball somewhere- - -overseas, NBA D-league, etc. ?

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2015, 09:41:49 PM »

Offline _sturt_

« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2015, 10:08:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Maybe, but this guy is no slouch, and offers a good mix of qualities to the squad DD is building.

1.  As an entering freshman on his junior college team, he had to find his way among a group of second year players. Despite coming off the bench, Thompson averaged almost a double-double. By March when his team entered the national junior college tournament, he may have developed into the team's best player. In the tournament his points-rebounds totals were 5-12, 13-10, 11-10, 11-5, 13-15, 23-10, and 16-9. Again, these totals were all achieved as a non-starter.

2.  He brings a physical inside presence that the Herd will need in 2015-16. Not only is Thompson an excellent rebounder, but he gets to the free throw line a lot. He shot 8 or more free throws in 10 games last season, including total free throws of 10, 12, 14, and 19 in individual games. That's a lot of blue-collar banging inside. He should be a good complement to the Herd's array of three point shooters.

3.  Thompson is a winner. His prep school and junior college teams won 61 times and lost just 11. Both achieved recognition on a national level for their success, and this young man was a significant contributor.

4.  He has 3 years of eligibility remaining, not the usual 2 for a junior college player.

5.  Thompson chose the Herd at least in part because, as a biology major, it has a medical school! Perhaps the last power forward from Marshall to earn a medical degree was Larry "Doc" Watson in the early 80's, who I believe now serves as the team physician for the Columbus Blue Jackets of the NHL. "Doc" not only battled on the hardwood, but he received both his undergraduate and medical degrees from old Marshall U.

Thanks for the did-you-know... I didn't. :) But I remember Larry well.

Offline goherd24

« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2015, 11:40:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 24 is kind of like Chuck "Done Deal" Landon, you can pretty much expect the opposite of what he says and expects.  Case in point, he said Devon Johnson would not be very good...he's also said the same about Birdsong so I look for him to have around 4000 yards and 30 TDs mininum.  ;D

I also said Cato would be a great QB for us instead of graham. I get as many right as i do wrong zack, just like the rest of us. Certainly not done deal Lol and i resent that.

Yes, I, like everyone else on this planet, did not foresee DJ being the back he is. So sue me. Like me or not, I am wrong sometimes like everyone, sure, but i also have my fair share of correct points as well.

Birdsong is not as good a player as Litton imo, its that simple.

And right stuff, i just shared my opinion,i dont have any ill feelings for the kid. I hope he becomes a first rounder for gods sake. all those players you mentioned were very talented, but also had things that krpt them from their potential, be it coaching, discipline, etc.

Offline _sturt_

« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2015, 01:02:12 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Hmmm... as many right as you do wrong? Might want to check that. Or get W0lf to eliminate that danged search function. Because the wrong side of the ledger fills up pretty quick... seems we were told back at the same time we were hearing how Cato would become a star as a sophomore that...

- Eddie Sullivan had what it takes.

- If CUSA lost ECU and one more team, Appy St would be in.

- Hassan Whiteside had a job at Burger King awaiting him.

- Doc should fire Bill Legg.

But then again... none of these were labeled foregone conclusions, so maybe some credit is deserved for having that much discretion (?).

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2015, 07:22:13 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Just curious, does anyone know if Kane is playing ball somewhere- - -overseas, NBA D-league, etc. ?

He is overseas. I saw where but don't remember. Thinking it was Israel.
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2015, 07:31:51 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • So this Thompson kid was sixth man on his JUco team?
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

Offline _sturt_

« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2015, 09:39:33 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Admittedly, it does make you want to know if the guy in front of him on the depth chart signed to play for Duke. Hopefully. But really, I'm prepared to give DD's judgment the benefit of the doubt that he knows better than I possibly could. If he believes in a kid and that he's someone he can develop, then DD has earned my trust in his conclusion.

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2015, 10:07:03 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He is overseas. I saw where but don't remember. Thinking it was Israel.

Last I heard of Kane is that he was playing in all of places Moscow, Russia..

Offline goherd24

« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2015, 02:18:25 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Hmmm... as many right as you do wrong? Might want to check that. Or get W0lf to eliminate that danged search function. Because the wrong side of the ledger fills up pretty quick... seems we were told back at the same time we were hearing how Cato would become a star as a sophomore that...

- Eddie Sullivan had what it takes.

- If CUSA lost ECU and one more team, Appy St would be in.

- Hassan Whiteside had a job at Burger King awaiting him.

- Doc should fire Bill Legg.

But then again... none of these were labeled foregone conclusions, so maybe some credit is deserved for having that much discretion (?).

What a sad little life you have sturt, if mine was as sad as yours, i would respond but you aren't worth the waste of energy it takes to move my thumbs more than i already have.

Offline mr_ash_1995

« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2015, 07:45:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Last I heard of Kane is that he was playing in all of places Moscow, Russia..

E-Man....looks like he is playing for Antwerp Giants (a Belgium team) now.  Here is a link:

http://basketball.eurobasket.com/player/DeAndre_Kane/Belgium/Port_of_Antwerp_Giants/209193
    Might as well have been showing a microwave to a caveman. - BBCARD1

Checker = D'Antoni...Pruett...Holliday...Huckabay...Chaump

Offline _sturt_

« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2015, 07:49:11 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 24, even sadder without the benefit of the entertainment that would be provided had you responded.

Darn. *wipes away tear*

Then again, it occurs to me that it's kinda like being Hillary Clinton these days... better off to stay away completely from that microphone if one isn't prepared to own her/his actions and swallow all of the humble pie that her/his record sets up in front of her/him.

I have to hand it to the poster who mentioned the Devon error--I guess I should have suspected there was some history pre-dating the Boise foregone conclusion fiasco, but it'd just never occurred to me to look.

Offline QuickStrike

« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2015, 09:44:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Admittedly, it does make you want to know if the guy in front of him on the depth chart signed to play for Duke. Hopefully. But really, I'm prepared to give DD's judgment the benefit of the doubt that he knows better than I possibly could. If he believes in a kid and that he's someone he can develop, then DD has earned my trust in his conclusion.

I'm just happy it wasn't another freakin' guard!  ;D

HerdFans.com

« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2015, 09:44:41 PM »

Offline elginherd

« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2015, 10:08:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm just happy it wasn't another freakin' guard!  ;D

If you watch, more & more ball at all levels is played with less definitive positions. I don't worry as much about size as I do worry about whether the player can shoot, drive to the hole and defend by moving his feet.
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

Offline _sturt_

« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2015, 10:10:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Now you're talking like one of us ATL fans. :D

HerdFans.com

« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2015, 10:10:52 PM »