Author Topic: HZ: Dozic Signs NLI with @HerdMBB  (Read 10978 times)

Offline JDemp13

• Rookie
Re: HZ: Dozic Signs NLI with @HerdMBB
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2015, 01:03:36 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Hansel would be a great grab for the Herd. This kid is just 17 and put on a show against the Top teams in the country. If you notice in the video, he is doing this against Huntington Prep, Oak Hill Academy, and Cape Henry who are all top 10 teams in the Country (Oak Hill being #1 and undefeated until they lost in the weenie's National Championship). The other teams are mostly "Prep" teams and post grad prep teams (Including Hargrave Military and Elev8 prep who both made the National Post grad prep national championship tournament). People question his size, but watch him against the high major guards he played against this year and those questions are soon answered.. If you want to watch a full game, watch him against Oak Hill Academy.. Heck just watch the first 8 minutes of the game. The guys guarding him/he guarded are:
    1. Terrence Phillips: signed with Mizzu.
    2. Josh Reaves: Offers from Georgetown, Villanova, Penn State, Maryland, Temple, and VCU. http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/190498/josh-reaves
    3. Dwayne Bacon: Offers from Louisville, UConn, Baylor, UCLA, Georgetown,... from a high major school in each P5 conference.. http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/168587/dwayne-bacon
    4. Andrew Flemming: Signed with Iowa
    5. Lindell Wigginton: Offer from Florida State

Oak Hill Full game

This kid has it and J-Will is a good comparison. He is not as flashy as J-Will but he handles the ball and passes a lot like him. If Hansel signs with Marshall I want to be recognized as the guy who started "Chocolate Blanco" (White Chocolate in Spanish).. lol

Kid can play and would be a great grab for the Herd. He is definitely perfect for what D'Antonio is doing there..

"Chocolate Blanco" game is very similar to White Chocolates...

Here is a write up on Hansel by one of the top recruiting services in Va. This was after his performance against a 6'4 Rice commitment that is known for his defense, physicality and athleticism.. This Cape Henry team beat us by 1 and then beat a top 10 team called Wesleyan the next night by double figures.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2015, 01:03:36 AM »

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2015, 08:15:08 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I appreciate all the info on this player. A lot of people on this board have are really excited about him. Despite his size, he appears to be a complete PG who has played some tough competition.

My main concern with our team has been a lack of size and quality depth of our bigs; but if he's as good as you say, then I hope we get him.

Online GreenDaddy

« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2015, 08:52:28 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I agree that we need more big guys, but this guy is to good to pass up. He looks like a legit point guard which is exactly what we need. I think browning and Elmore might be combo guards more than true PG's so it would be nice to have this kid. However, it would be nice to hear some news of another big man coming in soon.

Offline QuickStrike

« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2015, 12:54:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Loving the Dozic signing more and more.

I'm really staring to question DD's roster construction.  We will not win to the extent we are expecting with a roster comprised of 10 or 11 Guards, with many of them not highly recruited. Despite what some perceive to be DD's system, you still need some bigger players for inside defense, rebounding, and the closer to the basket offensive game.

So far our big men next season are 6-5 Taylor, 6-7 Kelly, 6-7 Johnson, 6-9 Milosec& 6-9 Dozic.  Kelly & Johnson will be Seniors.  We really need to recruit some bigger players with the remaining scholarships for these players to be ready to play when the Seniors graduate.

Offline chris88

« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2015, 09:01:22 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I agree that we probably could not recruit the right good players to have the great down low power game, but we need to have at least 2 bigger bodies in the paint area to be able to defend against teams that bring a throw it down low game.  My thinking is 3 perimeter players shooting 3s is enough. Need 2 bigger body players in that 20 foot space between the perimeter and the basket playing the game that happens in that area.  With that.....if 6-9 Dozic is stepping out shooting 3s, then if another play goes inside to rebound Dozic was just replaced inside by a guard.  Give me the guard shooting the 3 and the 6-9 player going for the rebound or put back.

I think your point is a good one, but the value of having a 6'9 guy that can shoot from outside is a big man has to come out and guard him...thus opening up more space and lanes for things to develop inside or for driving.
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

Offline chris88

« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2015, 09:23:52 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I also agree a kid like Hansel is too good to pass up.  You need to have guys that make you unpressable....as press killed us much more than rebounding.  He reminds me of the Whiticha State PG.  His issue is who is he going to guard at 5'9?  There may be 9-10 guards per se but many are in small forward range like Nikovic (sp?), Elmore etc

We rebounded fine last year without too many bigs and this 6'9 kid seems to have a good knack for rebounding as does Ryan Taylor. In  our league we will not face huge front lines that will kill us on boards like UK, Kansas, UNC etc  who can bring body after body from bench to wear you down/eat fouls etc.

Back to scholly's, maybe Elmore or someone can get an academic scholly for a semester etc.....although not sure if that counts toward your limit.  Maybe the big Serbian guy from last year can go off scholly.  Don't know but I'm sure DD has a plan.  If he needs a new guy to not scholly for a year etc I'm sure that will be worked out before he signs
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

Online Luke80

« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2015, 09:48:44 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If a player can meet objective academic standards set by the NCAA then an academic scholarship won't count against the 13.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2015, 09:48:44 AM »