Author Topic: announcers are building a great case  (Read 5701 times)

Online W0lfman

announcers are building a great case
« on: October 23, 2014, 09:58:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • For the Herd with their comments during this game.  Putting all sorts of doubt out there about ECU.

HerdFans.com

announcers are building a great case
    « on: October 23, 2014, 09:58:52 PM »

Offline dshoe

Re: announcers are building a great case
    « Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 10:05:08 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • For the Herd with their comments during this game.  Putting all sorts of doubt out there about ECU.

They have done a great job calling this game, very objective and have acknowledged Marshall and its fan base very fairly.

Also nailed it that if ECU loses a game, they have no chance to get in with 2 losses.

Offline marshall fanatic

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Hall of Famer
    • Member Since 02/2004
    « Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 10:07:10 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yeah but they still keep saying he have not played a P5 school.

Offline dshoe

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 10:15:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yeah but they still keep saying he have not played a P5 school.

We haven't

Offline herdfan09

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2014, 10:29:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Did I hear one announcer say he went to grad school at Marshall?

Offline marshall fanatic

• Hall of Famer
    • Member Since 02/2004
    « Reply #5 on: October 23, 2014, 10:37:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Dshoe i understand that however, was not our fault Louisville could not play us.

Offline herdfifteen

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2014, 10:39:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I find it interesting they presume to know what the committee is thinking.

Online W0lfman

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2014, 10:47:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Dshoe i understand that however, was not our fault Louisville could not play us.
    I think that is understood, but at the end of the day we still have a weak schedule. 

Offline dshoe

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2014, 10:47:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

It doesn't matter if it is our fault or not, the simple fact is that we don't and it is a fair statement.  No matter how you spin it we don't. And they played 3 and won 2.  CSU played 2 and won both.

You can't get upset about announcers or writers stating facts.

They also mentioned how badly MU beat ECU last season, but followed it up with "....but this is 2014 and not 2013". While we try to spin that game as having bearing on this year, it doesn't, it was last year period.  As long as the comments are factual and the opinions fair, which they were tonight, none of us should be upset.  

Marshall scored a lot of National TV points tonight and frankly got great exposure.

Offline HerdnClt

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2014, 10:52:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yes great comments about  MU and ECU was exposed. Good night for the Herd.
    "The Herd #1"

Offline lexkyherdfan

• Heisman
    • GKI Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #10 on: October 23, 2014, 10:53:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I thought the guys were fine overall covering the game. However as much as they talked about the schedule hurting they could have expanded on the piece about how it is not our fault that we did have one P5 school originally scheduled. They could point that out.  Does that change everything?  No but it shows we didn't intentionally try to not play any P5 schools.  

As for ECU's wins, if Va Tech keep dropping games like tonight especially at home does that really show the win a great win especially if they keep sneaking by teams like USF and UConn?

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2014, 10:54:22 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • No matter how you spin it we don't.

Even though we're beating teams by an average of 31pt.s and counting that doesn't mount to anything?

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2014, 10:54:22 PM »

Offline Thunders

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2014, 10:57:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • With ECU playing like this and like they did last week I definitely don't see them winning out. They have 2 tough road games next against 2 team that are much better than UCONN.  I think they either lose to Temple or UC.
    Yoda says:    Blow the Mountaineers do!!

Offline goherd24

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2014, 10:58:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Even though we're beating teams by an average of 31pt.s and counting that doesn't mount to anything?

Not to mention that every team minus rhode island and Miami, are better than USF, uconn and smu and ECU has looked very average against all of them.

Online W0lfman

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2014, 10:59:11 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • VT is get hammered by Miami.  how the win against them and unc should mean anything is beyond me.

Offline dshoe

« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2014, 11:09:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Even though we're beating teams by an average of 31pt.s and counting that doesn't mount to anything?

Sure it does, but if we weren't, with this schedule, we would barely be in the discussion at all.  Let's be honest we HAVE to beat these teams BADLY in order to be considered.  If we were undefeated and winning some of these games by 3,7, or 10 points, most of us would be having a hard time putting MU into the top 25, let alone an Access Bowl.

Let's be dead honest:  our best win has been v. Akron and that's because it was on the road and they beat Pitt the next week....... but Akron isn't very good themselves, and it is our BEST win.  MTSU next.  We can complain all we want about ECU's wins over VA Tech and UNC, but in the end, VA Tech beat Ohio State on the road, and ECU hung 70 on UNC and UNC played very well v. ND... Their lone loss was on the road to USC by 10 in a game that was close......

I think we are better than ECU, better talent across the board, but in the end our body of work will DEMAND that we win BIG in EVERY game...... so yes it counts, but to some degree it's like pissing in a River, it makes a little difference but it doesn't bring a flood.

Offline HerdnClt

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2014, 11:12:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Laughable. I used to be concerned about who was in our conference until I saw games  with U-Conn, Tulsa , SmU , South Florida, Tulane. Really,
    "The Herd #1"

Offline dshoe

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2014, 11:14:39 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • VT is get hammered by Miami.  how the win against them and unc should mean anything is beyond me.

Come on Dale, both are still very good wins........Va Tech has a road win v. OSU and they hung 70 on UNC, we have one game that we have scored over 50....... and we beaten anyone that would beat OSU @ OSU

Of course they matter and they are still good wins.  If we had played and beaten Vandy, as bad as they are or Indiana, or any other BAD P-5 we would be ranked higher and along with being undefeated would be the team to beat out for the access and would be getting some dark horse mention for the playoff........... and remember both ECU and CSU have beaten 2 P-5 schools.

Offline banker

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2014, 11:17:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • And espn just sucked ECU's **** to kick off sportscenter after the end of the VT Miami game.  Did they talk about how they struggled against a 1-5 Uconn team? No.  They talked about how if they win out they will be in a big bowl and "are sure" to be the top G5 team when the rankings come out. No mention of any other G5 contender.

Offline dshoe

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2014, 11:19:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Not to mention that every team minus rhode island and Miami, are better than USF, uconn and smu and ECU has looked very average against all of them.

You don't know that..... you really don't, sure UConn, SMU and USF aren't very good, but you can't say with any authority that an FIU that lost to Bethune Cookman is any better than any of them.....

Just be objective guys, you are making assumptions as bad as the assumptions that many pundits are making about MU.

Offline herd2win

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2014, 11:20:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Beat FAU...going to be a fun game with great weather.... Go Herd!!!  I watched the game and I truly believe we are much better than ECU...watching the pimping still going on with ESPN, I do believe that it will go down to the wire and I think that Doc needs to score as many points as this team can put up this weekend.

Offline dshoe

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2014, 11:26:08 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • And espn just sucked ECU's **** to kick off sportscenter after the end of the VT Miami game.  Did they talk about how they struggled against a 1-5 Uconn team? No.  They talked about how if they win out they will be in a big bowl and "are sure" to be the top G5 team when the rankings come out. No mention of any other G5 contender.

Really, how mature. 

Did any other G5 contender play tonight, and let's be honest, if they win out they likely will be in the Big Bowl.....  if we win out and they win out, we have a real shot if we continue to win HUGE and are really impressive we will have the cache of being unbeaten and 13-0 vs. 11-1, but we will still have played the 126th best schedule vs. the 80th best schedule.  We have to hope that the Coach's poll continues to move MU up and keeps ECU relatively flat.  They are the more definitive poll, even though not officially considered.

Let's win HUGE on Saturday following this relatively unimpressive win by ECU coming off of an Unimpressive win @USF and see how the committee ranks the two of us on Tuesday, I would not be surprised to see MU ahead of ECU in that poll if they are not and the gap is more than one or two spots, then we are in trouble if ECU wins out.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2014, 11:26:08 PM »

Offline mckayt

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2014, 11:26:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I would love to debate The Herd's resume with any of you who actually believe we are behind ECU after tonight, but in the end it won't matter.  ECU was exposed tonight, end of story.  If The Herd wins out, we will be OK.  We just need to take care of business.

ECU is 6-1 against teams that are a combined 18-31.  The two best teams they played are 4-3 and 4-4 on the season and one of those teams beat them.  ECU would get SMOKED in any bowl game, let alone the "Access Bowl".  

We would beat ECU by 4 touchdowns and our starters wouldn't see the end of the game.  

Tonight was a good night for The Herd.

Offline banker

« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2014, 11:42:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • dshoe, I just wrote what they said. They were o ECU's jock, you want me to lie about that?  They showed 90 seconds of highlights, which included one Uconn play and the rest ECU talking about how great Hardy and Carden are. You would have thought it was a 50-7 ECU win.

We have handed 6 of our 7 opponents their worst beat down on the year. We haven't played any P5, but those teams have, and those P5 teams couldn't due what we did to them even with us pulling our starters in all those games.  Something else that doesn't get talked about, we take our foot off the gas and still win by 30.  ECU was still running all their starters against UNC when the game ended.  The game tonight, they score a TD with about a minute to go to get the margin to 10 when they could have went victory formation with Uconn out of timeouts. They are working their butts off to try and look more impressive than they are, problem is that they just aren't that impressive. They are one dimensional on offense and have a questionable defense and poor special teams.

The above paragraph is why I'm not too worried.  If the committee members actually watch all the games like they are suppose to they will see who the better team is.

Offline go1970herd

« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2014, 11:50:31 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  One more point I don't see being mentioned when our 31pt margin of victory is mentioned is the fact that our starters have been pulled midway through the 3rd quarter or by the beginning of the 4th in just about every game !!                                                                                               Now if the starters were playing the whole game we would be averaging 65 Pts a game and winning by a 45 pt margin every game !! 85% of the points we have given up this season have come against out second string period ! We would be giving up like 5 points a game if starters played the whole game!!! All of this needs to be taken into account also !!!
    Go Herd and Feel the Thunder

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2014, 11:50:31 PM »